Chapter 5- Healing

Before the Cause (Haitus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Yixing's life was always an anstrospect of what ifs. His father was a scientist and he loved to question everything. Sometimes that would lead to trouble but Yixing was fascinated by thought of how things were. He would question just as much as his father and they would experiment together.

"Baba what would happen if we left this glass on the table. Would it start a fire like magnifying glass does ?" Yixing would asked.

"Hmm maybe. But it would have to be standing up right ? Why don't we try it out." His father would say and they would spend a whole bunch of time doing stuff like this.

As Yixing grew his curiosity never faded but his fathers help did. They drifted some time after Yixing had graduated middle school and entering high school. His mother and him were very close but never had the bond his father and him did.

Sometimes he would do little stuff like set up things just so he could ask his father about them, hoping that they would experiment later. Those these days it was always the same.

"Find out for yourself."

"It would explode Yixing."

"I'll tell you later."

"Ask me when I'm not busy please."

The problem was his father was always busy. Always. He would always leave Yixing to go work in his lab room and  Yixing couldn't help but feel abandoned at times. What suddenly had made them strangers ?

"Yixing, your mother and I are going out tonight okay." His father told him one night. Sometimes, rare times his dad would actually be a good dad and husband and treat his wife and son. This was one of those times.

"Okay." Yixing said flicking through the tv boredly. 

"We'll be back in a couple of hours. If you're hungry there's money for take out." His mother said slipping into her coat.

"And please stay out of my lap. There's some things I don't want you touching because it can be dangerous alright ?" His father said and Yixing nodded. The hair ruffle he got afterwards made him smile.

"Be good Yixing and don't stay up too long."

"Yes mama." Yixing said and walked them to the door. Once they pulled off he grumbled back to the couch.

"All alone again." Yixing said to himself. Sometimes he hated being the only child. Days like these were he wish he had a friend. But no one really wanted to be a friend of his. He was the science nerd. Too interested in things that don't exist or things that already do. He didn't talk much but when he did people would just laugh. 

"What are you talking about ?" They would ask.  "Everything you say doesn't make sense."

When he was younger his father would tell him not to worry about those kids. That they wouldn't understand because they didn't try to understand. 

"Yixing your mind is very special. You have the ability to expand your knowledge and you did. Look at you ! You're amazing. Don't listen to what ignorant people say. Keep learning. Keep wondering. Keep exploring. These three things will make you a better person."

Yixing sometimes wondered why no one else attempted to think that way. It made life much more interesting.

The ding of the door bell made Yixing jump out of his thoughts. He shuffled over towards the screen to see the pizza guy standing there. 

"One moment." The teenager said as he went to let the guy in. He quickly paid the amount and went back to his kitchen.

"Wow smells like heaven." Yixing said to himself. He never really had the pleasures of fast food so when he did he savored it.

It was now a little bit passed nine and Yixing had nothing to do. A normal seventeen year old would be doing something like playing video games or hanging with friends on a Friday night but Yixing didn't have those options.

"I wonder..." He said as he looked down the hall towards his fathers lab room. "No I shouldn't." Yixing said shaking his head.

His father specifically told him he couldn't go in there, therefore Yixing shouldn't. But he could. His father would never know if he didn't touch anything. The man never locked his door either so it would be easy to get in and out. Curiosity was getting the best of him and Yixing was walking down the hall before he realized it.

He stopped at the door, his hand reaching for the knob.

"Just one quick look." Yixing said and he slowly opened the door. He had seen his fathers lab many times. It was just like any other science lab. Filled with flasks and cool looking devices. Pictures of animals and cells and other things of the world. There were tons of books thrown in one corner and his desk was always a mess.

Yixing stepped inside with a disappointed look. He didn't find anything unusual. Everything was in it's usual mess and there was the occasional bubble sound from the flasks.

He turned around to go back out the room when something shiny caught his eye. On the opposite side of the room there was this huge triangular flask with two tubes connected to it gong into circle ones. Inside the circle ones were a shiny gold substance that when they touched they formed an onyx color that was slowly building in the triangle flask. 

"Woah." Yixing said to himself. He wondered what that was. Was this the reason why his father wouldn't let him inside the lab ? 

"What could he possibly be making?" Yixing asked no one as he moved over towards the chemicals. Ancient looking books were scattered around the desk and pictures from who knows what century were laying around.

"Immortalis." Yixing read the top of one picture and looked as it showed a person standing over corpses. The teen then moved that aside and read another ones.

"Momento mori." This picture made Yixing shiver as it was just one full of death. Bodies on top of bodies. Blood on blood. He quickly moved towards the last one.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." This one was a picture of the earth and the sky with thousands of soulless faces reach out out to the starts.

Yixing was semi glad he didn't know Latin but he wanted to know what his father was doing. Scientist don't just hid thing just to hid things. Whatever he has found out must be something big. Something-

"Immortalis." Yixing jumped up as he witnessed his father walking into his room.

"F-father." Yixing quickly sputtered. 

"It means immortality my son." His father said dropping his coat into his chair before he looked up at Yixing. "I thought I told you not to come in here."

"Well, curiosity got to the best of me." Yixing said not really having a great excuse.

"Why yes of corse. Though I didn't want you to see all of that." Mr.Zhang said.

"What is this baba ? What are you working on ?" Yixing asked.

"Well since you already looked I guess it would hurt for you to know. Actually how about you be my first test subject."

"T-test subject ? I don't think so. I'd rather just know than anything." Yixing denied. His father was acting weird and he felt the need to get out of the room.

"It's okay Xing. Nothing will harm you." His fathers gentle voice said and Yixing felt fear set into him.

"Then why do you have a syringe behind your back ?" 

The scientist stopped in is footsteps and Yixing couldn't help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter