Chapter 8- Light

Before the Cause (Haitus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


We've all felt guilt right ? The feeling of knowing your wrong. It's such a bad feeling right ? It eats you away and makes you feel like you've committed a serious crime. It eats you up inside and it's such a sickening feeling. Sometimes guilt builds up so much that when you finally explode you let it all out. You let everything out. Like it's confession time and you pled for forgiveness because you're sorry. You're guilty. Isn't that how guilt is supposed to go ? Baekhyun wasn't entirely sure. He would think by now people would feel guilty. Or if they did they would do something. Anything.

Byun Baekhyun was not a happy sixteen (almost seventeen to his defense) year old. Life didn't make it any better. It's been going on for three strong years that he was being tormented. People would just do the littlest of things. They would trip him as he walked by. Pulled his seat away from him as he tried to sit in it. Push and shove him when they came close. Throw things at him. Nothing was worse then their words though. Their words were like venom. They stung and bleed into his skin. They were the opposite of guilt.

Their wasn't anything entirely wrong with Baekhyun. Really his looks were nothing short of acceptable and he was really funny and outgoing once you got to know him. No one really wanted to know him. He was treated like an outsider from the town he was born and raised in. 

"Have you gotten your glasses sweetie ?" Said the only person who seemed to actually accept Baekhyun. His grandmother.

"Yes halmeoni." Baekhyun said placing the dark lenses on his face.

"Well you get going now. The bus will be there in ten." His grandmother gave him a quick hug and Baekhyun nodded. He slowly relished in the only gentle touch that he got all week. He said his goodbyes and headed towards the bus stop.

The bus stop was another okay place for Baekhyun. Not many kids from his school lived on his side of town seeing as it wasn't a pretty good part of town. It wasn't as bad as the sections further down but it wasn't safe to just roam around. He heard some kid got beat up a couple of months ago just by walking by a gang. The only people who touched Baekhyun were apart of a little gang of their own. They never were alone and always had a menacing look on their face. Baekhyun had seen it so much that he could probably make one just as scary. But he wasn't the scary type to began with, so he never bothered trying.

Once the bus came, Baekhyun quickly hopped on and scanned his pass. He completely ignored the few teens from his school and sat in the front. Making gentle conversation with an old man. Sadly the ride was short lived and he was at school in ten minuets.

Baekhyun barely had time to walk into his home room before he was being tripped and pushed on to the floor.

"Watch your step." Someone said shoving pass him and Baekhyun bit his lip before getting up. He silently prayed for his home room teacher to get their early.

"Well if it isn't the blind Baekhyun. Still wearing sunglasses inside dork ?" 

So his prayers weren't working today. Baekhyun groaned in annoyance at the tone of his number one bully. He couldn't have one day without this torture.

"Ignoring me ? I said hello. I didn't know being blind meant deaf as well."

The few people that were in the class chuckled and snorted. Baekhyun had heard it all and knew it was best to ignore but this kid was persistent.

"I didn't know being dim witted meant being ugly as well but you sure showed me." Baekhyun didn't know why he opened his mouth. Or why he even had a mouth. He was surely going to get killed.

"Why you-" the bully flushed, angry face and fist raised as he stalked towards Baekhyun.

"Jiseok sit down." The voice of the home room teacher was like a angels. But the look Jiseok gave Baekhyun, let him know he wasn't off the hook.

Gym came by soon and Baekhyun was lucky this was a class that the majority of the class enjoyed. It took their minds off of things. Took their minds off of him. As he stepped out into the warm sun, he sighed. The heat felt good against the cool air. Winter had just ended and spring was here. Though the left over chill didn't fade just yet. The teacher told them today would be a free day and many went to play soccer or walk around and talk. As Baekhyun looked around he spotted a figure a few feet away from him.

It was the transfer student senior Luhan. He sat staring oddly at the sky. His face pointed upward and his eyes just starring. Unwavering as he stared into the clear sky. His seemed to be frozen solid besides the occasional wind that ruffled his hair and his moving lips. His lips moved so fast that Baekhyun knew he couldn't be speaking Korean.  Baekhyun felt bad for Luhan. If their was anyone below him in the food chain it was that guy. Though no one laid a hand on him. Physical contact with Luhan was surely not a good thing. The last kid who did that was in the hospital for weeks.

Baekhyun looked up to see what Luhan was looking at and winced as his eyes came in contact to the bright rays of the sun. He quickly looked away rubbing them.


Baekhyun's day proceeded to slowly drag on after gym as he sat in his history class. It was the last class of the day before he would get to go home and eat some of his grandmas special rice cakes.  The bell rang signaling the end of the day and many kids rushed out of their. Baekhyun took some time. The bus wouldn't be here that early and it would take him a few minuets to walk to the stop.
 
He slipped his bag on and proceeded to walk out the class before he was being pulled to his side and something covering his mouth before everything went dark. Baekhyun could still see, it was just some idiots decided to put a bag over his dead. He tried to pull out their grasps but who was he kidding with his thin limbs. He felt himself get picked up and it felt like hours before he was being thrown into a room.  The door shut loudly as Baekhyun was being pushed into a chair before being strapped down into it.

All the shuffling noise went silent and soon the bag was being ripped off his head. He shouted behind the gag and groaned in annoyance. The room was dark, being only lit up by a hanging bulb.

"You still have a lot to say even when you're in no position to talk don't you Byun ?" Jiseok's familiar voice came from in front of him. Baekhyun glared at him as he stepped into the light. They looked at each other quietly before Jiseok decided it was nice to throw a quick right hook into Baekhyun's cheek. The pain was automatic. It spread through his cheek and the boy groaned at the pain. He wasn't even given time to blink before he was being punched again in the same spot.

"That's better." Jiseok said and Baekhyun took a few moments to stop hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter