Chapter 10- Telekinesis

Before the Cause (Haitus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Silence was something Luhan never got accustomed to. As long as he can remember there was always noises he could hear. Some sounds of movement over here and animals over there. Most of it was whispers. Whispers of nightmares and dreams. Hopes and desires. Whispers of things he didn't understand. At first Luhan thought it was normal. The sounds were so loud it had to be. Others could here these too right ? When he first mentioned the sounds his mother thought it to be just a phase. Like an imaginary friend a child has. But imaginary friends never truly go away.   Neither did the voices. Instead they grew strong and powerful. So powerful Luhan had trouble communicating with people because he didn't know if it was them talking or the voices. He didn't mention it to his parents any more though. They might think him insane. He wasn't trying to spend the rest of his life in a psychiatric ward. Though this didn't keep Luhan for being any less odd. People always judged and laughed at him. They looked down upon him. If only he cared.   "Luhan honey. Are you ready ? We have to be at the airport before six." The calling of his mother pulled Luhan out of his thoughts and he quickly sat up pulling his suit case with him. School had now ended for spring break and he would be going back to his hometown.   "Ready ?" His father called and Luhan gave him a nod. They were on the plane two hours later. The dark sky had now turned a soft blue and Luhan was lucky enough to get a window seat.   It was weird though, as he looked out through the air, he could hear someone falling, screaming for help. A hand placed on Luhan's shoulder and the eighteen year old jumped in shocked.   "Seat belts on son." His father said and Luhan nodded. Seatbelts didn't save those drowning in the ocean below them.   Beijing wasn't that long of a plane ride from Seoul and as they touched the chinese land, Luhan felt like he could breathe. The whispers around him faded a bit and he smiled as the sun shown bright in the eastern atmosphere.    Their native language surrounded them as they walked through the airport and Luhan was thankful for that. Korean was a nice language but he still wasn't fluent in it. The voices in his head made less sense when they weren't understandable.   "I heard your uncle and all you're cousins are down this week. Won't that be fun sweetie ?" Luhan's mother asked but the boy wasn't listening as they climbed into the taxi. His mother liked to blabber to fill in the usual silence of her husband and son. They rarely spoke but that was a normal thing.   "The Xi men are men of few words." His father would tell his mother. And boy was he right. Luhan grew up using less and less words. He felt like he didn't need them when the voices spoke for him. All around him he didn't have to communicate when he could already understand a person. Understanding him was the only problem.   They reached his grandparents house an hour later. It was big and traditional and had a lot of grass. Though Luhan was born and raised in the city of Beijing, his grandparents had thrived in China's country side.   "Teihan ? Is that you ?" Luhan's  grandmother called his father before pulling him into a hug.   "Hi mama." His father greated. Luhan could hear all the words he wanted to say. The 'I miss you' and 'it's been a long time.' Luhan could hear the words his father didn't not know how to say. The 'I love you' he never seemed to say correctly or fully.    His grandma moved on towards his mother than to him.   "Luhan look how thin you are. And pale. Do they not feed you well in Korea ?" She joked and Luhan just gave her a smile as she hugged him tightly. "Go inside. Everyone has been waiting for you guys."   'Lies'   Luhan twitched a bit at that voice. He hated that voice. It was so harsh, so menacing, so-   "Luhan sweetie come on. Dinner is done." His mother said.   Dinner was lively. His cousins talkative and his aunts and uncles joking and playful.   "Hey ge are you alright ? You haven't you haven't touched your plate or said anything this whole time." One of Luhan's cousins asked him. He looked at her with a smile. For some reason he had lost his appetite.    "Don't worry about him Bao. Luhan's swallowed his words a long time ago and have yet to throw them back up." One of his uncles joked and the table laughed. Luhan's smile wavered.   During the night, when the moon was full and bright and everyone had showered and the parents went off to have a drink leaving their kids to sleep or if they were Luhan's age, laze around a bit.   "Hey Luhan. What to play a game ?" His cousin Fei asked. Luhan cocked his head at that. His cousins never invited him to play with them. They stopped years ago when Luhan stopped being apart of this world. When his mind went into everyone else's and his voice in the air.  He was curious as to why they asked him now.   "Oh come on Lu. We know you get tired of looking at the moon every night. Mu found something and he thought it would be the best place to play." Fei said pulling the boy up and out of the house. They sneaked past their parents who were all having a wonderful time on the deck. They ran past the horse stables and by the garden and onto the tall grass.   "Just a bit closer." Fei said and Luhan frowned. He had never been through the tall grass.   "Fei-jie is that you ?"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter