Karaoke bar

Falling in love...with...you?

After some time you finally found a karaoke bar with the help of a navigation system and all left the car excitedly.  Maybe you shouldn’t have been as excited though, because you were there with so many great singers you and Somin would probably look like fools. But you were here for fun and not to prove your singing skills, so it would be alright. Especially since everyone would be drinking a lot besides Junsu.
As soon as you entered the bar you got yourself a room for a few hours and ordered the first few drinks. You all sat down and clinked your glasses together. After you all had downed your first drink you grabbed the song books and decided on what to sing. You really wanted to sing ‘Goodbye Baby’ by Miss A, but you decided that you had to drink a little more before you had the courage to actually do so in front of these great singers.  While everyone was still looking for songs, Jaejoong decided that it was time to tease the maknaes now and went to the karaoke machine and typed in a number. Soon SNSD’s ‘Gee’ started playing and he turned around grinning. He approached the two youngest of their groups and forced them to stand up and take the mics. When they didn’t start singing Jaejoong had to interfere once more and smacked them lightly on the head once, after which they started singing immediately. When the refrain came on all of you stood up and danced and sang along. All in all you all had a lot of fun. You sang more songs everyone knows the dances of and later on you sang a lot of duets.

Later in the evening everyone decided to leave in small groups. The first ones to leave were Jaejoong and Yunho. Yoochun left with Junsu soon after that, as well, and only you, Somin, Changmin and Kyuhyun were left. “So should we leave, too?” you asked Somin shortly after Yoochun and Junsu left since you were getting a little tired. Somin nodded and got up to get her jacket. Because you felt so tired you decided to close your eyes just for a moment and lay back on the couch. “Come on Eun Ji. It’s time to go. You can sleep at home.” you heard Somin say after you rested there for a few seconds. “Are you guys leaving as well?” she added towards the boys. “Yes I think so. What should we do here on our own?” Changmin answered and got up. Kyuhyun looked at you for just a moment, but when he turned back to Changmin he saw that sparkle in his eyes that made him realize his friend would leave him behind. Changmin had concluded from the behavior you and Kyuhyun had shown after you left the haunted house that it was time to get you a little closer and that’s why he grabbed Somin and hurried out of the room and locked it. He signaled Somin to follow him outside and she did.

Of course Kyuhyun knew that this was coming and ran to the door as soon as Changmin went to the door, but he was too slow and the door was already locked when he tried to pull it open. “Yah!”, he said loud enough for those outside to hear and slammed his hand against the door. You were also not that tired to not notice so you sighed and looked at Kyuhyun standing at the door. He also turned to look at you once again. “They locked the door and left.” he said and sighed himself. He was also a little tired and had a schedule tomorrow as well. Additionally he was also a little tipsy from all the drinks even though he had a high tolerance. He stood there for a few more minutes, but sat down again when he realized they wouldn’t come back any time soon.
“Why isn’t there any bartender coming anyway? It’s not like you were that quiet when you talked before..” you now said and sighed once again. You just wanted to sleep. But it also made you angry. You knew Somin wasn’t part of this, but why the heck did Changmin think it would be funny to lock you in here with Kyuhyun? You were closer than before but it was still awkward. You laid back against the couch again.
“Since we’re stuck, do you want to sing something?” Kyuhyun now asked, trying to break the weird atmosphere. “Sure..why not? What do you want to sing?” was all you answered and he looked through the song book once again. 
“I don’t know..go ahead and choose something.”
You took the book and scanned a few pages, but didn’t find anything you like. Depressed you threw the book on the table again.
“That’s just stupid. Sometimes I could beat Changmin!”, you ranted and got up from the sofa to walk off your anger. But soon you felt stupid for doing that and sat down. Kyuhyun watched you silently and then took a look at the book one more time after you sat down. He decided he’d sing now. Maybe it would brighten the mood even if he sang alone. He typed in the number and his own song ‘7 years of love’ started playing.


As soon as the song started to play you knew which song it was and looked at Kyuhyun who was now focused on the screen in front of him and started to sing softly. ‘7 years if love’ was a song you listened to many times before and Kyuhyun sang it with so many emotions that you decided to close your eyes once more and listen. Kyuhyun’s voice was so beautiful it took you by surprise once again. When he was seriously trying and not singing for fun like he did the few hours before it was honestly breathtakingly beautiful. But that peaceful moment didn’t last very long and the song finished after a few minutes. You opened your eyes again and looked at Kyuhyun. Now a little curious, because of the song’s meaning.
“Do you have a girlfriend Kyuhyun?” you asked quietly, staring at the TV screen.
“ No, I don’t have one, why?”
“I was just wondering…because you sang that song with so many emotions. “Or did you just break up with her and can identify even better?” you said, now a little more playful. He shook his head, but smiled at you. “No I didn’t break up with anyone in the last few years either.” he answered and you nodded.
“And what about you?” he asked after a moment of silence.
“Me? No I am single and have been single for a rather long time, too.” you said and smiled at him. That was when you heard a noise and both of you immediately went to the door to find it unlocked. Both of you got your jackets and you ran after Changmin.
“Yah! Shim Changmin stay where you are!” you screamed, but of course he didn’t listen to you. When you arrived outside he was already sitting in a taxi and drived away with Somin in the taxi. Why was Somin leaving with him, you wondered, but decided not to think about it more. Soon you heard footsteps behind you and turned around to see Kyuhyun. You sighed.
“They left.”, you told him and he nodded in response.
“We should leave, too. It’s already 2am and I am sorry to urge you, but I have a schedule to follow tomorrow as well, so..”, he admitted and looked at you feeling a little sorry.
“Sure, I can understand..sorry that you were stuck here with me.”, you answered a little disappointed  and went to the street to get a taxi.
“No I didn’t..”, Kyuhyun started to explain, but you went to get a taxi. He sighed. He certainly didn’t mean that it was annoying for him to be with you. Then he saw a taxi pull over and hurried over to your side.
“Look, I didn’t mean that it was annoying to be with you..it’s just that I could’ve passed on Changmin’s prank just now.” he told you and looked at you, waiting for your reply.
You now turned to look at him and scanned his face, concluding that he was being serious.
“Ok..I guess? Anyway..I’ll get going ok? Get yourself a taxi and get home safely. Good night.” You said and smiled at him shortly. Then you sat down in the taxi, closed the door, told the driver your address and drove away, leaving Kyuhyun behind.
“Good night..” Kyuhyun muttered after you had left and sighed deeply. What was that now? He usually didn’t feel so guilty when people misunderstood him. Most of the time he also didn’t care about girls thinking he’s annoyed by them. He stared at the sky and then waved a taxi over and got in. Well, he didn’t mind being a nice person from time to time.

About half an hour later you finally arrived at your apartment and got out off the taxi. You only noticed now that the air was a lot colder and started to freeze and hurried inside. When you finally opened the door to your apartment you were surprised to see that Somin was not home yet. You frowned and went inside the kitchen and got yourself a glass of water. You didn’t want to have a hangover tomorrow, although you didn’t drink that much. Soon you heard someone knocking on the door and you went to open it, thinking Somin might have forgotten her key. But as soon as you opened the door you saw Changmin standing there carrying Somin.
“What happened?”, you asked slightly worried, slightly mad at him.
“Nothing big, she just fell asleep and I couldn’t wake her up..”, Changmin explained himself and you led him to her room where he dropped her on the bed. You were honestly surprised that he could actually be a gentleman, but after you had left her room and closed the door you decided that you still had to talk about something.
“And why the heck did think that you had to lock me and Kyuhyun in that room?”, you asked now rather mad again. Changmin didn’t really seem to realize that you were mad and only grinned at you.
“Was it that bad? I just wanted that you guys could spent some time alone.”
“Wow, you’re so funny Changmin! I was tired myself and you know that I am pretty shy and can’t talk much when I am around people I don’t know that well!”, you now said a little louder.
“Oh come on! You got along the whole day!”
“Well Kyuhyun didn’t seem to think that way!”, you added a little frustrated and looked away, crossing your arms.
“What do you mean?” Changmin asked, now a bit worried.
“…Forget about it.”, was all you answered and went to the door to open it.
“I won’t forget about it. Tell me! I honestly don’t think that Kyuhyun dislikes you.” Changmin now said, getting a little mad at you himself.
“Just forget about it! Honestly, why did you even do it? Dumb idea, seriously!”, you only said, now angry at yourself and opened the door.

Changmin stood there and stared at you for a few seconds. None of you giving in to the other in the little staring combat. He then shook his head and left your apartment without another word. You would’ve loved to slam the door shut now, but you didn’t because it was too late and Somin was already sleeping, too. So you closed it quietly and went to the window to see how Changmin left. You sighed once again and went to your own room.  Kyuhyun told you that he didn’t mean it that way, but somehow you couldn’t believe it. You were probably just a bother since you must have annoyed him all day. You changed your clothes and brushed your teeth, then you went to bed.