Chapter 5

As Long As Our Relationship Last

Suho woke to the sun shining brightly at him. He was still at the balcony but Lay was not there. He panicked, afraid that it was all just a dream. He rushed in the house. It was empty. The air still and cold. The house so quiet and that made Suho afraid. He glanced at the calender, 22nd May, morning. So it was a dream? He felt a little disappointed, but he still got to work, everything was normal like the dream had never happened before.

"Morning hyung." Baekhyun greeted him. Baekhyun was getting more cheerful at work day by day, D.O said it was him who caused it.

"Morning." Suho said solemnly.

"You look sad today. What's wrong?" D.O asked.

"Nothing." Suho lied, averting his gaze from D.O

D.O looked at him weirdly buy nodded and went to do his share of work. Suho sighed softly. I must have missed Lay too much... Suho worked the whole day silently with a confused mind. He did not even notice himself bumping into Baekhyun when he was delivering coffee to a customer.

"Woah hyung! What's up with you?" Baekhyun asked.

"I'm sorry." Suho mumbled and went past him. Baekhyun stood there wondering what has gotten into Suho today.


 

Suho went home with Baekhyun. "Today is your birthday hyung. Cheer up." Baekhyun said.

Suho shrugged and put his hands in his pocket. "Missing Lay hyung?" Baekhyun asked. Suho shook his head nonchalantly. Baekhyun sighed, not knowing how to help him. 

"I just hope the party will cheer you up even a bit." Baekhyun said softly.


 

They reached Suho's house in matter of time. Chanyeol and the others were there, just like the dream. But he was not as surprised as the others wanted him to be. He just shook everyone off and went to his room without saying anything. The most important thing is, Lay was not here, he wanted him here, right now, celebrating his birthday with him. He took out his phone and dialed Lay's number. He waited but nobody picked up, he even sent a text. He waited and waited but to no avail.

"Suho.." Suho heard a voice, he looked up to see Luhan. Luhan sat down next to him and looked around the room. It was filled with pictures of Suho and Lay.

"Are you okay?" Luhan asked.

"No.." Suho mumbled.

"What happened?" Luhan asked, trying his best to extract some infomation.

"Lay didn't call back."

"He might be on the plane."

"But he promised to call me. And he didn't."

"Maybe he will when he reached Korea."

"But he doesn't break promises..."

Luhan glanced over at Suho who looks just so miserable. "Maybe...Just maybe...Something happened?" Luhan said. "Touchwood..." He continued.

"You still have to celebrate your birthday. Let's go out." Luhan said. Suho sighed but nodded. With that, they went out.


 

This year's birthday was not fun for Suho. Was it because he was expecting too much? Maybe Lay would not be back today, sometimes people will delay things. Maybe something really happened, or the flight was just cancelled for some reason. He would be okay... I hope..

Suho went to his room after 5 minutes of the party. Everyone was worried. Luhan told them that he was probably just missing Lay.

"Maybe he just wants some time alone. Maybe he just needs Lay hyung now." Sehun said.

"You're right Maknae." Chanyeol said. "I think we should go now and give him some personal space"

Everyone left the house sadly although they still want to acompanny Suho. Suho stayed alone in the dark and clutched the phone tightly in his hand. Please be alright...


 

A/N: Here is chapter 5! I hope it isn't too short! This stupid brain of mine stopped working and I can't think of any ideas, so I have to thank my best friend, Hyun! Haha!