Chapter 3

As Long As Our Relationship Last

Suho went to work early the next morning. He reached the cafe and looked in the window to see Baekhyun by the counter, cleaning. As soon as Suho walked in, he was greeted by a strong smell of coffee. Suho walked to Baekhyun awkwardly and coughed to get his attention. Baekhyun looked up. 

"Morning sir." Baekhyun said too formally that makes Suho surprised.

"Morning, Baekhyun... I'm here to start working?" Suho said.

"Yes. I will go get our boss." Baekhyun said and went off, leaving Suho alone.

Suho thought for a moment. Chanyeol's right, he is kind of serious. He waited till Baekhyun appeared again with a middle-aged man and another man who looked a bit younger.

"So you are Kim Joon Myun?" The middle-aged man asked.

"Yes and please call me Suho." Suho said and shook his hands.

"Welcome to the business, Suho. Baekhyun here told us about you. He said you two were bestfriends. I am glad to know you two met before." The man said.

"Yes, we do." Suho said.

"I am Mr Kim, your boss. This is Mr So, the manager. I won't be here often. But Mr So will be here all the time. If you have any enquiry, you can ask him. " Mr Kim said.

Suho nodded. "You can start work now. Baekhyun will help you. I'll be going." Mr Kim said.

Suho bowed to Mr Kim and turned back to Baekhyun who continued cleaning like he was transparent.

"Baekhyun, what must I do?" Suho asked.

"Clean the counter while I make cocoa powder." Baekhyun said.

"Aren't I supposed to be learning how to do that?" Suho asked.

"Newbies don't learn these on the first two days of work." Baekhyun said.

"Oh.." Suho said.

"They do the cleaning job first and know about the cafe and stuffs. Nobody works in a place he doesn't know about." Baekhyun said.

"Right." Suho said and took over the cleaning job. He watched as Baekhyun grinded the coffee beans carefully as not to burn them. Wow, he is really serious at work.


 

During work, Suho did all the cleaning job. There are other colleagues that Suho was amused to be D.O and Kai who are their friends from high school.

"Can't believe to meet you two here." Suho said.

"Yeah, what a small world!" Kai said.

"How are you two doing?" Suho asked.

"We're great. We just got married last month. How are you and Lay?" Kai asked.

"We are good too. Lay went back to China to visit his grandparents so I'm alone for a while." Suho said.

"We can visit you if you like. Where is your house?" D.O asked.

"Just round the corner. It's near." Suho said.

"Ah-hem." They turned to see Baekhyun staring up at them.

"Suho hyung, you are not supposed to slack off." Baekhyun said.

"But I was having a chat with my long lost friends." Suho said.

"I don't think a few years is long lost. Get to work quickly. And clean the coffee machine." Baekhyun said and walked off.

Suho blinked at him. "Is he always like that at work?" 

"Yeah, he is always this stingy. Especially with newcomers. You have to be careful around him." D.O said.

"But he seems to be a totally different person outside. And his boyfriend picks him up everyday." Kai said. "What's his name again?" 

"Chanyeol." Suho answered.

"You know him?" Kai asked.

"Yeah, we are all friends actually." Suho said.

"Wow. What a small world." D.O said.

"You better get back to work now. Wouldn't want you to be scolded." Kai said.

"Yeah. See you." Suho said.

Suho got off work at 6pm with Baekhyun. Chanyeol was outside to pick Baekhyun up.

"Hey Baekkie! Hi hyung." Chanyeol greeted.

"Hi Channie." Baekhyun replied and hugged Chanyeol.


 

They began walking home together as they live near each other. Suho watched them walking so close together, chatting about everything and anything. It would be Suho's turn in a few days time. Counting down to 4 days. He was just lost in thoughts when Chanyeol suddenly jumped at him.

"Hyung!" He said.

"W..What?" Suho was startled.

"How's the first day of work? Baekkie is weird right?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yeah, he is kind of weird." Suho agreed.

"He has this weird seriousness at work. I am very sure you're shocked." Chanyeol said.

"Yeah." Suho said.

"We reached our house. See you hyung." Chanyeol said.

"Bye." Suho waved to them.

Suho sighed and walked back slowly. He dreaded going home as it's empty. Lay being back and welcoming him home is pretty much what he wanted right now. Just 4 days, I have to just bear for 4 days..


 

Suho learned about the cafe, the kitchen, cleaning of the cafe and other colleagues the past two days. On the third day, Baekhyun taught him how to make the menus.

"It's really simple to make coffee as long as you don't burn the coffee beans. Xiumin hyung will be able to help you. He is the most experienced here." Baekhyun said.

"Don't say that." Xiumin laughed.

"Well, your parents have a cafe in your hometown."  Baekhyun said.

"Why didn't you help them but come here?" Suho asked.

"I want a change." Xiumin said.

"That seems like betraying your own business." Baekhyun joked.

"Yah! I'm not like that!" Xiumin said.

Suho laughed at Baekhyun's childishness. He still jokes at work. He isn't so bad afterall.


 

That night, Suho laid awake again. Tomorrow, Lay will back and he is happy. He is also happy that tomorrow is his birthday too. He wonders what Lay will be preparing for him. He is also half happy and half worried about BaekYeol. They are planning a party tomorrow. They looked suspicious, they might be doing something weird. As he thinks about all this, he fell asleep. Floating in his dreamland with Lay by his side.


 

"Beep! Beep!" Suho woke up to the annoying alarm clock. 4th day of his work, his birthday and Lay's arrival back home. He got up excitedly and went to work. He can't wait for the day to be over and Lay be back at night. He reached the cafe. Baekhyun wasn't there, KaiSoo wasn't either. Only Mr So waiting for him. What's going on?


 

A/N: Chapter 3 done! Sorry for the cliffhanger, I love putting cliffhangers, haha! What is going to happen next? Wait till Chapter 4! :D