Epilogue

Picture Perfect

“ man, you look like a wreck.” Chanyeol commented when he saw Yifan looking haphazardly. The always neat and slick Yifan was gone and the one who was standing before him was his more Tao-like version, with dark eyebags and a lack of sleep clearly apparent on his face. Yet he was grinning like an idiot. Heck, he was on weed, definitely. Chanyeol thought to himself.

Yifan was not a grinning type of version. He smiled, he smirked, he laughed, anything but grinning. And yet, he still couldn’t wipe the grin on his face.

“You don’t get a lot of sleep yesterday, do you? Up watch football?” Luhan asked him concernedly.

Yifan just looked at them and gave his brightest gummy smiles.

Who are this person and what he has done to our Yifan? Chanyeol and Luhan looked at each other and shuddered. Grinning Yifan was too much to handle.

---

He knew he must have looked like an idiot, but truly the he couldn’t control the happiness and fluffy feelings in his heart. He bit his lips softly, the memory still fresh on his mind.

The soft lips that he had tasted, and the blush that gently colored her face, Yifan found himself chuckling at the memory. So this is love.

The memory kept him awake all night long. He laid on his bed thinking and questioning his action.
What if I push too far? What if she doesn’t like it?

But if you ask him, did he regret steal kiss from Amber?

Nope, I don’t. In fact, I am looking forward to steal not only kiss but her heart as well.

---

Amber woke up this morning groggily. Her head still pounding due to lack of sleep and her constant crying. She blinked a few times, her brain still muddled up, not really able to process what had happened.

Oh my God! Yifan kissed me yesterday! IT’S NOT A DREAM! She screamed to herself.And he confessed to me. OMG what should I do? She was panicked inside.

“Too bad I have fell in love with this kind of Amber.” His confession last night was still sounded as clear as day, making she blushed at the memory.

She had never had any boyfriend before. Even before Minho, she was not interested in dating. And here she was completely unexperienced on how to treat someone who had confessed to her.

Do I like him? Well as a friend, yes I do. But as more than friend? I am not too sure.She talked to herself. But she acknowledged everything that he had done for her and was grateful of him. He was not the one whom she dreamed to be with, but the one whom she was looking forward to meet everyday. Does this means, I like him? Flushed with her own imagination, she sunk her face to her pillows. How am I going to face him today?

“Yo, sis! Are you not going to school today?” Her older sister, Jackie, popped her head to check on Amber.

 Jackie was 3 years older than her, having just finished her high school and was taking her diploma on Social Science. Jackie frowned when she saw the red faced Amber. She approached her and put her hand on her sister’s forehead, checking her temperature. She was burning up.

“Sis, are you sick? You don’t have to go to school. I will tell Mom.” Jackie was about to get up and go from Amber’s room when her little sister’s fingers grazed her wrist, stopped her. Jackie looked at her little sister who was looking at her bed cover intently with blush on her face, and suddenly everything clicked.

“Oh! You are in love!” She squealled, her little sister finally growing up!

“Shut up!”

“So who is the poor guy? Is it Minho?” She threw Amber teasing smile, knowing her crush on Minho. When Amber shook her head, she was alarmed. Is there any other guy? Well, this is interesting.

---

 Minho was awake throughout the night. The guilt that etched in his heart ate him away. He was in constant worry. And now, with the trouble he had on sleeping, he came to school bleary eyed and with bad mood. He needs to settle this with Amber.

He was walking down the corridor when he saw Amber’s form from distance. But hell, she is wearing a skirt! She does that for me! He cheered inwardly and strode along to Amber.

---

She had already regretting being talked into wearing a skirt by Jackie.

It should be a surprise for Yifan. He loves you no matter what you are wearing, so why don’t you treat him with a rare sight of you wearing skirt? Here, my old uniform.” Her unnie could be very persuasive if she wanted to.

But in the end, it was come back to Amber’s decision to wear Jackie’s old school uniform. And heck, it was uncomfortable. The top was too tight to her liking and the skirt, gosh, it was troublesome. She was already late to school (thanks to Jackie’s insistence) and the skirt was not helping at all. Hell she could not even run without worrying that the skirt could be blown away anytime with wind. She was just being paranoid.

Would Yifan like this? The true reason why she let herself being lectured by Jackie on how to wear her uniform was to please Yifan. OMO, why I care so much about what Yifan likes? No Amber, bad choice. I should be going back home to change. I have already late anyway.

She turned around and saw face to face with the least person she wanted to see right now in the universe. Choi Minho, she scowled inwardly. He was looking at her with unadulterated awe, especially to her new school uniform.

“Amber, you look amazing today. You should wear this more often.” He sent his most dazzling smile which usually would send Amber to heaven. But not right now, not after he had said the most cruel thing she had ever heard in her life.

“Yeah right, with this kind of uniform, I do look like a woman I should be, right?” She retorted back sarcastically, and quickly went for her class, her intention was forgotten.

---

Baekhyun was in hurry, he woke up late this morning. Thanks to the stupid coca cola that gave him a hangover. Seriously, why he got hangover by drinking coca cola, he also didn’t know. What he knew was he need to reach class in effective and efficient manner and without Mr. Kwon noticing. , Mr. Kwon would have his head if he caught him late again this week.

And here was a couple, blocking his way in the corridor. Heck, what are they doing here in the corridor? The class should have started now. This is why I don’t like love birds, they think that they own the whole world and don’t care that there are actually other people who are breathing in the same universe and need to be repected as a single. He thought to himself and decided to find other way rather than to disturb the couple.

“Amber, you look amazing today,..” He caught some of the words from the conversation, Amber?

Baekhyun turned back to the couple and his eyes scanned the pair. Amber wears a skirt? And Minho is confessing to Amber? Yifan needs to hear about this!

He quietly went to the other way, leaving the couple behind.

---

The moment Baekhyun arrived at the class, Chanyeol’s booming laugh filled the entire class with Luhan snickered beside him, making Baekhyun eyed them suspiciously.

“Hey, Bacon! How’s your morning?” Luhan smiled too cheerfully for his taste. Then everything clicked.

“What have both of you done to my drink?” And Chanyeol and Luhan lost it. Both of them topping on the floor laughing their asses off.

“Something wrong?” Yifan asked him innocently, apparently because he went earlier, he didn’t know anything about this incident.

“These s spiked my drink with alcohol. No wonder I got hangover this morning.” Baekhyun scowled and at that time Mr. Kwon entered the class, stopping Chanyeol and Luhan’s laugh effectively and making Baekhyun forgot what to tell Yifan.

---

Amber was uncomfortable throughout the day. Everyone eyed her with different kind of stare, either surprised or in awe at her new attire. I shouldn’t come to school today! She refused to go out with Krystal on the recess time to avoid unwanted attention. But, hunger took the best of her. She dragged her feet to canteen to at least buy something simple to eat, when she saw him with his friends.

Yifan was eating his jajangmyeon around his best friends, laughing at Chanyeol. Probably he shared something funny. And his laugh did somersault things on her stomach. , what’s wrong with me. Just because he said he likes you, you can’t change your heart suddenly. Yesterday you were still in love with Minho sunbae, but now you suddenly like this. She shook her head at the thought and quickly went before Yifan noticed.

But unfortunately, nothing escaped from Kyungsoo’s hawk eyes. Well, it is the reason why his eyes were so big.

“Amber!” And she was forced to stop.

---

“Woah noona! You are so pretty!” Sehun exclaimed, and the boys sent her a judging look from head to toe, making her uncomfortable.

“Stop it! My usual uniform is still wet. This is my unnie’s old one.” Amber tried to dodge the attention.

“Wah, but you look better like this, Amber-sshi!” Joonmyeon quipped and the boys nodded in unison.

Amber stole a glance at Yifan to see his reaction. But he was fuming, didn’t look too pleased at her. What did I do wrong?

“Aigoo, I think I know why you change your appearance.” Baekhyun quietly stated, making Amber’s heart race. How does he know? Is it really obvious that I change for Yifan?

“What do you mean?” She gathered her courage to ask.

“You changed to gain Minho's attention. And congratulations, I heard Minho confessed to you this morning.”

WHAT THE HELL IS HE TALKING ABOUT?

You serious, Bacon?All the boys went wild at the revelations, congratulating her. Only Chanyeol sent Yifan a wary look. And Amber was too in shock to respond. Why does it come like this?

“We need to talk.” A firm grip on her wrist shocked her and the last thing she remembered was Yifan dragged her away from the crowd.

---

Yifan was so mad, he couldn’t even think straight. He marched to the garden behind the school while dragging Amber away. He wasn’t even realize that his grips hurt her.

“Yifan stops it! It hurts.” Her voice brought him back to the reality. He released his grips harshly.

“What do you want me to do, Amber? After all this time, I thought we have something.” He said to her coldly.

“What do you mean? I don’t understand.” She almost cried. Yifan that she knew was always so kindhearted and warm, not this angry cold man in front of her.

“I confessed to you. And I even willing to wait for you until you feel the same way that I do. But what is this bull? You come back to Minho? Even after he hurts you so bad?” His accusing tone hurts her.

“Yifan, listen to me. It’s not like that! Baekhyun is wrong. I am not in relationship with him! I even told him to piss off!”

“Then why the sudden change? Why do you suddenly wear skirt?” His tone was less harsh right now, but still full of uncertainty.

“It is because of unnie. She asked me to wear it. She said you would like it.” Amber muttered the word and kept her head low, didn’t want to see Yifan’s face. Too bad she didn’t see the grin that plastered on Yifan’s face.

“Come again? I cannot hear you.” He tried hard not to laugh at her expression. She was so embarassed and wounded like someone has kicked her puppy.

“I WEAR IT FOR YOU, BABO!” she replied harshly and when she realized that Yifan was not mad at her anymore, even chuckling at her reaction, she felt embarassed and got mad. How dare he made fun of me!

“That’s it! I’m out of here! And beside since you don’t like it, I will just pull this off.” She walked away while threatening to open her skirt in the middle of the garden.

“What the hell, you can’t do it!” He stopped her actions and she glared at him.

“Sorry. I was wrong. But you are in wrong too.”

“What again, Yifan? Don’t mess up with me.” She threatened him. This guy seriously...

“You are wrong to think that if you wear skirt I will love you more. No, I don’t care about what you wear, as long as it is you. I have loved you in pants, I can’t love you more in skirt. You are perfect the way you are.” She scoffs at his reply but can’t help but feel warm at the words.

“Cheesy!”

“But you love this cheesy guy, right?” He smiled widely at her, his gum showing. She tried her best to keep her composure, glaring at him, but really with such a cute guy in front of her, can you blame her to succumb into that temptation?

“But, which one do you prefer? Me in pants or in skirt?” He seemed to be deep in thought.

“In skirt you look better, but I prefer you in pants.”

“Why?”

“Because if you wear skirt, I am afraid guys will fall for you and my rivals grow in number.” He pouted cutely.

“Aigoo, don’t worry. I only have eyes for you, Fan oppa.” She pinched his cheeks.

“So, we are in a relationship, right?”

She sent him a teasing smile, “Hm... let me think about that again. Do you promise to love me?”

He leaned in and gave her a peck on the lips. Kiss. “Promise.”

“Do you promise to take care of me?”

Kiss “Promise.

“Do you promise to ...”

This time he cut her and kissed her deeply, making her toes curled.

“Amber Josephine Liu, I promise to love you and to take care of you. All the days of my life. If we don’t stop now, we will be late for class and let me remind you, your next class is Mr. Kwon’s.” He stated with playful tones.

“Oh , I need to go now! Bye, Fan! See you after class.” She hurriedly left him behind to chuckle at her actions.

Life was interesting after he met Amber five months ago and I bet it will be more interesting after this.

Indeed.

It is not about finding a perfect person, it is about becoming a perfect person for each other. <3

 

A/N: OHMYGOD! I was such a horrible writer, keeping this story unupdated for 1 months. I am so sorry, I hope I redeem my wrong with 2 updates for today. Thank you everyone who have subscribed and commented to Picture Perfect. I love you each one of you. This is my very first ff that ever published in AFF and I didn't think it will be this well received. Thank you, I have grown as a writer so much from your critics. Thank you for all your support :) Have a good rest guys!

P.S Please kindly leave your final thoughts below. I would love to hear from you!

With love,

 

Ana <3