A confession of a friend

Picture Perfect

“Oh you have finished? Come, let’s go to the hall, some of your teamates have gone earlier.” Luhan beamed when he saw Yifan and Chanyeol came back. He was the only one on the court, waiting for them to finish.

Yifan looked around and found Amber was missing.

“Where is Amber? I have told her to wait for me.” He said dejectedly.

“I don’t know. Probably she has gone as well. I saw Krystal went earlier.”

And here I thought that the hug means something to her. He smiled bitterly to himself and found himself dragged by two of his best friends.

---

When they arrived to the school hall, it was packed with people, making Yifan a bit dizzy. He was not much of a party person, he was the type to lean back and see people having fun rather than partying.

“Fan, over here!” Baekhyun’s voice was heard through the chatterings and loud music playing through the stereo. He was standing in his chair, waving excitedly at them.

“Where is Kyungsoo?” Luhan asked, noticing one of his best friends absent.

“Yeah, he has part time schedule today, so cannot make it. He said he will come over as soon as possible after his shift end.” Sehun replied. Kyungsoo had a part time job in the cafe near their school, Amber’s favorite one.

Speaking of Amber, where is she? Yifan craned his neck, trying to look for Amber. But he couldn’t find her anywhere.

Probably she doesn’t want to come with you, Yifan. She wants to spend time to her bestfriends. His inner heart voiced.

Probably, the hug doesn’t mean anything to her.

Chanyeol noticed Yifan was deep in thought again, and tapped him on his shoulder.

“Come on, cheer up! Let’s grab some snacks! I’m starving!”

---

“Where is she?” Minho mumbled, cursing himself about stupid things he said about Amber earlier. Damn his stupid mouth, damn her poor timing, and damn her for running so quickly. He lost track on Amber, she was quite fast for a woman.

He was frustrated, seriously. He didn’t even mean that. Damn you, Jonghyun! He just need to blame his bestfriend for his question. If Jonghyun didn’t ask him, then probably all of these wouldn’t have happened.

He decided to sat down on one of the bench, out of breath, running and trying to find Amber. And all of sudden, the memory of Amber cheering for him on this very bench came back to his mind. The first time they met, the blush on her face when he smiled at her, the cute glare that she always sent to his fangirls.

Then, all those good memories faded and was replaced by the image of her crying because of him.

He thought bitterly to himself, You mess things up, Minho!

He had truly lost the one who was always there for him.

---

“Yifan oppa.” A small voice called Yifan.

“Oh. Hi. You are Krystal, right?”He knew her as one of Amber’s best friend.

“Yes. Have you seen Amber?” she asked. Yifan frowned.

“No. I thought Amber went here with you guys. Because she was gone when I came back to the court.”

“No. She actually asked me and Vic unnie to go first because she wanted to wait for you.” She explained. Yifan was alarmed, did something happen to Amber?

Without words, he ran as fast as he could, hoping he could find Amber, not caring Joonmyeon’s voice calling for him.

Something must have happened, and he needs to find her as soon as possible.

---

“Welco.. Oh Amber, you don’t go to the party?” Kyungsoo was surprised to see Amber came to the cafe. He knew that Amber was a regular customer here, having been serving her for few times. But as for right now, he didn’t really expect to see her. And with her state right now, trying to catch her breath with difficulties and her red eyes, he knew something bad had happened. Kyungsoo quickly ushered Amber to her favorite spot in the cafe, the one in the corner at the very back of the shop.

“Hi Kyungsoo. Fancy seeing you here.” Amber tried to smile, but it was forced. Even the corner of wouldn’t turn upwards, and her voice cracked from holding back the tears. She cringed hearing to her own voice. No she didn’t expect to see Kyungsoo here.

Amber was a very strong person. She disliked to let her vulnerability shown. She came here to pour her hearts quietly, to mend her broken heart. And yet, Kyungsoo was here. She knew she would be damned if she cried in front of him. No, she couldn’t cry here. She shouldn’t. She wouldn’t. You can do it Amber, calm yourself down.

“Give me my favorite one, Kyungsoo. And make it three, please.”

Well, Kyungsoo better call Yifan now.

---

Yifan called Amber’s phone several times, and it was turned off. Damn it! Where are you, Amber?

He almost missed the sight of his captain, crouched in one of the bench in the basketball court, lost in his thoughts. Probably he knows where Amber is.

“Minho, have you seen Amber?” Yifan quietly approached the captain. He wasn’t that naive to think that the captain liked him. No, he knew that Minho treated him as a rival, both in basketball and his love life. Well, in the second case, it was him who considered Minho as a rival to grab Amber’s attention.

The captain was stunned by his question and slowly turned to him. His eyes were red and puffy from crying, surprised Yifan.

“I am sorry. It’s all my fault.” He said softly and suddenly anger and worry bubbled up in Yifan’s heart. He knew something bad happened to Amber. His fury took the best of him. He grabbed his captain’s collar and said to him coldly.

“If something happens to her, you will pay the consequences.”

---

Amber drowned herself in misery, trying to shove her waffles down. Something that always she loved, became something that helped to clog to prevent any sobs coming out from .

She was in the verge of crying and keep shoving food down to , trying to find comfort from her chocolate waffles, which she had ordered for 3 plates. The sight making Kyungsoo sighed. He sent Yifan a text message earlier, probably he could help.

To: Yifan

Hyung, Amber is here in Good Cafe. Can you come quick? She doesn’t look too good.

His phone vibrated, a message from Yifan.

From : Yifan

Wait, I’m on my way. Keep an eye of her.

---

Yifan nearly sighed with relief when he received message from Kyungsoo. Thanks God at least he knew where she was. He left the depressed captain in the court and quickly ran to the cafe. There, he found Kyungsoo was standing in the cashier, looking over the girl who was literally choking herself with chocolate waffles. He saw three empty plates on her tables and his heart clenched. What have Minho done to make you like this, Amber?

He opened the cafe’s door, Kyungsoo quietly giving signal to him. He nodded and approached Amber. She looked pitiful, really. With tears b in her eyes, and keep shoving one after another piece of waffles without stopping.

“Amber.”

She looked up to meet his eyes and suddenly, the tears that she kept holding back all of these time couldn’t be controlled anymore. Her resolve crashed, as she cried uncontrollably.

She didn’t know the reason, but the moment she heard Yifan called her name, there was a strange of calmness that come over her. A feeling that someone really cared. Someone that truly she could count on and lean onto. Suddenly, she was flooded with feelings and couldn’t stop herself from sobbing.

Yifan didn’t say anything. He wasn’t really good with crying women, really. He couldn’t do anything other than to lend her a shoulder to cry on. But Amber wasn’t a weak woman. He knew Amber wasn’t the type to cry on someone’s shoulder trying to find comfort. So, he sat down opposite her seat and giving signal to Kyungsoo to bring a cup of hot lemon tea and some tissue. And he waited for Amber to pull herself together.

She was grateful to Yifan, really. He didn’t try to stop her from crying because God knew she needed it. The best for her now was to cry herself out and he didn’t ask, he didn’t judge and simply provided a silent comfort for her.

After a while, a steaming mug of hot lemon tea was seated in front of her with few pieces of recently used tissue paper, helped her to calm herself. She was never feel so free in her life.Sometimes you need to cry, so that your sight can be washed by tears and you can see everything in life more clearly.

“Let’s go home. I will send you back.” Yifan said.

---

Their journey was filled with comfortable silence. Yifan just walking beside her without trying to ask her what happened, because heck, she could be breaking down again in anytime. But yes, he deserved to know the reason. He had been with here all this time.

“Fan, do you want to know why I cry?”

He looked at her pensievely, trying to read her emotion, “Only if you want to talk.”

She sighed, “I overheard Minho sunbae told his friends that he used me to lock you in the storage room. I am sorry, Yifan.” She was ashamed to look at Yifan’s eyes, she had betrayed her friends for her blind love towards Minho.

“Don’t be. It’s not your fault. The one who should be sorry is him. He lost someone who is as kind as you.” Yifan’s answer made choked. If only he knew what Minho said about her, she thought bitterly.

“Yeah right. As if he cares about me. You know what else he said? He said that he doesn’t want to date me, because he feels like dating a man.” She laughed at her bitter tone and was surprised when Yifan didn’t respond.

“I think I need to be more feminine, so that people can see me as a woman.” She sighed. Is wanting someone to accept you for who you are is too much to ask for?

“Too bad I have fell in love with this kind of Amber.”

---

What does he say? She turned to him quickly until she could hear her neck snapped. He must be joking, right? She looked at him intently and he was staring at her with his intense eyes. Is he even serious?

“Don’t joke about something like that.” She said coldly to him. If Yifan was only joking, she couldn’t handle all the heartache and would probably hate herself evenmore.

Yifan took a deep breath, he just needed to say it now.

“I know that this is not the right time, and you may think that I am joking. But the truth is, I like you Amber Josephine Liu. Don’t ask me why and since when, because I don’t know. The only thing I know is I love you.”

Amber was stunned. She didn’t expect that. A famous Wu Yifan, whom she considered as a best friend, confessed to her? Is this only a prank? Or my imagination?

She looked at him wide eyedly, and here he was, poured out his heart for her to see how much he cared about her. His eyes were so sincere and warm, covering her like a fuzzy warm blanket. She felt the embarassment crept up to her cheeks. She didn’t even dare to look at him again, focusing her stare at the ground.

Yifan shuffled his legs. After his impromptu confession, she didn’t even want to look at him, making him feel uncomfortable as well.

“Are you mad at me?” he asked softly. Amber lifted her eyes from the ground and there was no trace of anger, only confusion and dare he to say, embarrasment?

“No. It’s just... I have.. Um... I have never saw you in that way.”

Yifan smiled softly at her, “Nah, it’s ok. Just promise me one thing.” He said, captured Amber’s attention.

“Try to look at me as a man, not only your best friend.”

“Um.. ok..” Amber couldn’t really say anything. Her brain was freezed up and she was tounge tied in front of Yifan. Heck, the winner of debate competition was unable to splutter anything smart from .

“Ok? Then we need to seal the promise.” Yifan said. She looked at him, confused, then held out her little finger, the way how children would seal the promise.

Yifan chuckled at her, she is so cute, he thought to himself.

“Not like that Amber. We are not five anymore.”

“Then h..” her question remained unspoken the moment she felt Yifan’s lips on hers. It was probably only lasted for two seconds, she couldn’t really remember. Her brain was truly disfunctioning at this point of time.

He withdrew his lips, ending their unexpected kiss even before Amber processed what had truly happened, much to her disappointment.

“That’s how adult seals their promise. See you tomorrow, have a good rest.” He patted her head, and left her behind with the tingling feelings still etched on her lips. She unconsciously touched her lips.

He kissed her!

---

A/N : An UPDATE! YAY! HAVE A GOOD REST INDEED!!!

There is one more chapter away~ I thought I can finish writing this tonight but I just really tired, need to sleep right now. hahahaha XDDDD

will be posting the next chapter tomorrow and meanwhile, please leave your comments and thoughts in box below, I want to hear your opinion <33333