KAI - WHEN SEHUN IS YOUR OLDER BROTHER BUT YOU ARE DATING HIM (YOU ARE BOTH IDOLS)

EXO ONE SHOTS - COMPILED COLLECTION - REQUESTS WELCOMED

Sehun is your older brother but you are dating Kai (you are both idols)

 

“Hey, oppa,” you said, flopping down on the couch next to Sehun. He gave you a hug, his eyes turning into the crescents. Your group’s comeback stage, had, been very successful and you had come to EXO’s backstage waiting room in your state of happiness. Sehun, who was your older brother by a mere year, who nonetheless sometimes acted as if he was at least three years older, had congratulated you on winning the weekly award on the music show. However, you giggled privately, you weren’t hear to talk to your brother, as harsh as it sounded. You were here to talk to Kai, or Kim Jongin, Sehun’s bandmate, who was your boyfriend of a few months. He had supported you when your group was at the rookie stage (well, you guys still were, but considerably, less-rookie-ish now) and had confessed his feelings at the SM practice room. You kept your relationship from Sehun secret as you knew your brother would freak out. The mere thought of dating and you were like opposite magnets to him - they were polar opposites, and simply could not happen. It had been that way since your teens, and when you had briefly dated during your trainee years with a fellow trainee, Sehun had been more than persistent to know everything about your love life, and had given a stern talk to the other. You did not want history to repeat itself (it was too embarrassing, you liked keeping some aspects of your relationship private), and thus some of the “dates” you and Jongin had were hanging out in the EXO dorm with your excuse of wanting to hang out with your brother.

“Oh Jihyun!” Chanyeol burst into the room, with a toothy grin, “congrats on your win on the comeback stage!” you quickly got pulled into a tight hug.

 

“Yeah, you really kicked the ‘y’ concept, didn’t you?” Baekhyun laughed, pinching your cheeks. Sehun grew red at that comment, and glared at Baekhyun.

 

Another example to point at his protectiveness, although Sehun supported your dreams, he did not really approve of the y concept you had been given to you by the SM company when you debuted. Sehun knew that under the y, cool, mystery girl facade, you were a bubbly, sarcastic, funny girl. The mere thought of you giving seductive, sultry looks to the camera which any ert in the nation could see was too much for him.  He even tried to argue against it, saying “cute” fit you better, but the ones in authority went along, saying “y” fit your face better. Besides, one benefit of it was that you didn’t get called to do aegyo (which you detested doing on camera, to millions of strangers viewing) as much as the members who had the “cute” concept.

 

“Kai!” you got into another round of hugging when your boyfriend hugged you from behind, slightly nuzzling his head onto your neck. That was the most intimate thing he ever dared do in front of your brother. Even that didn’t last long as Sehun pulled him away from you.

 

“Hands off, hyung, that’s my baby sister you’re back hugging. Are you guys dating or something?” he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. You shied away instantly, your cheeks burning even though it was a joke.

“Oppa!” you whined - you were not his baby sister.

“We’re not.” Kai defended.

 

While the rest of the members got busy with their own stuff, it was your time to slip out with Kai. He held your hand, intertwining your fingers together once you were near the bathroom.

 

“Jagiya,” he whispered, looking into your eyes, “I’ve missed you so much. I’m so proud of you today.” he ruffled your hair.

 

“I’ve missed you too, oppa. Your performance was great.” you held back a blush as he leaned down to kiss you in the lips. You responded, with him nibbling your bottom lip slightly. You giggled.

 

“I don’t see why SM just had to give my jagi the y concept,” he whined. “look at you. You’re totally different offstage.”

 

“Same goes for you,” you chuckled. It actually true - the Jongin you knew offstage was painfully shy, unlike his aura on stage that gave the presence of a cocky player. In fact, he was the opposite - modest and faithful.

“I hated when you had to your lips on camera and do all those moves,” he broke up the kiss to speak again.

“Hey, oppa, I didn’t complain when you had to, did I?” you flicked his forehead lightly.

“Guess not,” he laughed some more while wrapping his arms around your waist. “I love you so much, Jihyun-ah.”

“Me too, Jongin oppa.” you replied, giving him a quick peck on the cheeks. It was time for you to go back to your own waiting room - the other members would be waiting already.

 

Suddenly, someone not unfamiliar walked towards you, with an expressionless face. Your jaw dropped. Sehun. Oh no, I’m dead meat for sure, you thought. Kai gripped his arms that were still around your waist.

 

“Not dating, huh?” Sehun’s face was in one that was slightly amused, but he fought to put a frown back on, his eyebrows furrowing.

 

“I-I-um-we-we-,”

 

“Oh Jihyun, cut it out,” Sehun scoffed and cut you off. “you’re coming back with me to the EXO dorm. We need to have a talk. And hyung, we’ll talk later.” he was clearly frowning at your waist, and Kai dropped his hand in a second. You muttered a hasty goodbye while you went to your manage to tell him that you were going back to the EXO dorm to visit your brother for a bit.

 

You grabbed your bag and phone, nervous. It was lucky he hadn’t yelled at you for Jongin. You ran back to EXO’s waiting room, knocking on the door. Suho opened it.

 

“Oh, hey, Jihyun,” Suho had on a mischevious smile. “a little bird told me you got in trouble with Sehunnie. You’re coming back to our dorm to get told off, aren’t you? Well, come in then.” you laughed nervously, and entered to see a fuming Sehun, his face red. Kai was pacing around, clearly not interested in his, Luhan and D.O’s conversation.

“Sehun-ah, your sister is here,” Xiumin nodded at you, and Sehun’s eyes perked up. As the boys walked towards their ride, you could feel his gaze on you. It created an tension between the two of you.

“Come sit next to oppa.” Sehun patted the seat on the van, the one at the very back. You made no move, standing there stiffly, somehow hoping Kai or some other member would save you from the awkward ride home. “Now.” he said in a rough, serious, cold tone you rarely heard him use, the one that stated that he was the one with authority, the dominant one in your sibling relationship. You visibly gulped, and obediently sat next to him.

 

“Now,” he said, staring sternly at you. “you know what you did was wrong - very wrong.” all the other members craned their neck backwards, trying to hear the conversation. They were so curious as to what you did that got him so angry.

“Turn away, will you, hyungs?” Sehun suddenly snapped exasperatedly, as he felt all eyes on him. They all immediately started private or group conversations loudly.

“You shouldn’t have dated him behind my back. He’s my hyung, my bandmate, my best friend. The fact that my little sister is dating my best friend isn’t so cool with me. No, I can’t believe my baby sister is growing up so fast and going out with other guys,” he lowered his voice a bit. “have you kissed him? Wait, no, I saw you guys kissing - have you made out yet? How many times? When was your first kiss? After how many dates did he hold your hand? You better tell me right now.” your face flushed an embarrassing red at his demands. However, you also knew he wouldn’t let you off so easily.

 

“Um. We kissed...after a few weeks. A few dates later….umm…” you were suddenly saved by Kai, who climbed over to the backseat, ultimately saving you from having to recount all your “frolics” with him.

 

“Sehun-ah, I really love Jihyun. I can take care of her,” he stated confidently. “you trust me, right?” with that, your older brother looked really conflicted. Trust for both you versus his natural instinct of protectiveness was going on in mental battle inside his head, as he bit his lip in guilt.

 

“Well, hyung, you can be a bit of a ert…” Sehun ended up muttering. You had to stifle a laugh at that - it was a serious conversation.

 

“But really, tell me, how far have you two gone?” Sehun shot a glance at you, worry flickering in his eyes. Now it was Kai’s turn to be nervous. He grasped your hand tightly, while mumbling a few incoherent words.

 

“Um..we dated a few months, Sehun-ah, so we...uhm….w-we…” he couldn’t finish his sentence, but your older brother, being a bit of a ert himself, misunderstood it completely.

 

“Oh my god, Jihyun, tell me, did you guys do it? When? Did you use protection? Have you checked to be sure you’re not pregnant?” Sehun started screaming immediately, eyes wide.

“Oh man, no, no, no. I respect her.” Kai flushed a deep shade of red.

“Alright then,” Sehun finally smiled, embracing you both in a small group hug. “If I hear anything bad about you from Jihyun, I’m going to kick your , hyung or not.” he whispered none too discretely to Kai. You three laughed.