CHANYEOL - WHEN YOU GET INTO AN ARGUMENT BECAUSE OF A MISUNDERSTANDING

EXO ONE SHOTS - COMPILED COLLECTION - REQUESTS WELCOMED

When you and Chanyeol have a big argument

Park Chanyeol was not the man he claimed he was on stage - he had his ups and downs too, like all humans. You understood that - you didn’t expect him to be the Happy Virus all the time, and he liked that about you. However, there were times when he grew quite snappy that you knew it was better to stay away from him. It was usually when when big, major events came up - for say big solo concerts, before world tours, or before the release of new songs. This week was one of those days - he was preparing for a big solo concert for EXO, and you had quite frankly, minimized the number of dates you two would have not only to let him have time to practice, but to avoid his bad temper. Thus you opted to hang out a little more than usual with your best friend in university, Jaemin.

Today Jaemin and you were going to hang out, and you had the day perfectly planned to your liking - meeting at your favorite cafe, go shopping, roam the streets, and lastly, have a movie marathon at Jaemin’s apartment. You had been there a thousand of times, so you didn’t bother telling your plans to Chanyeol as he would almost never answer, since his phone would either so confiscated or he would be busy in practice.

“Minnie-yah!” you shouted, happily giving your best friend a wave. He was tall, and not exactly body-builder muscular, but with the right amount. His face was something of a shocker - it was extremely handsome, and his funny personality to top it off - he was every girl’s dream. That was especially why Chanyeol need not know of your plans today - he would get insecure and you really didn’t want that. To add more fuel to the fire, you two had dated briefly - about a month - before you both realized you were better off as best friends, and nothing else.

“Babe!” he called back with the same amount of enthusiasm. You laughed - “babe” was something of a hilarious inside joke between you two when you were dating, and you kept it at that - no romantic feelings involved with that pet name. More reasons that Chanyeol would get mad at Jaemin and you.

“Ready for some fun today?” you nodded at his words, needing a bit of cheering up yourself. Yesterday, Chanyeol had been a been cold and offhand when you two talked briefly, and being the person you were, you reacted by being equally cold and offhand. It sort of led to a mini cold war, and you were obviously upset about that.

“Did you figure things out with him? Send a message in the morning after you both cooled off?” he asked. You had called him yesterday at 2am, nearly ready to cry at your tattered relationship.

“Nope,” you shook your head, before adding on coldly “I didn’t bother, because from past experiences I know he’s not going to be able to answer anyways. We might both need a little break.” you said casually.

 

You actually forgot your about your problems that day, having fun with Jaemin. However, whenever you checked your phone to see new notifications, none of them being from the one you wanted, you felt a little crushed. Until your phone died out.

 

“My phone ran out of battery,” you said dismally, looking blankly at your phone. Part of you, despite everything that happened yesterday, wanted to be there the instant Chanyeol would be able to take time off to send a text or a call.

“Well, we can skip the shopping and go straight to my house if you’re that worried. You can use my phone charger.” he offered, gesturing towards the direction of his car. You nodded gratefully, not really minding since you were emotionally tired today.

The ride home was with you trying to keep up with the conversation with Jaemin while worrying about your phone.

“Babe, which movies do you want to watch?" he asked, looking over at you.

“If you don’t mind, Minnie, I’m in for some chickflicks. Not that they’re going to help me and my relationship, though.”

“Right on point. Exactly the reason I don’t watch chickflicks, babe, but for you, my ultimate best friend, I’ll bear with them.” he laughed, and you did too, albeit uneasily. You somehow felt quite queasy, an uneasy feeling in your stomach that you could not shake off.

 

A few hours later, you had completely forgotten about your phone, now resting on the floor, charging. You were on the sofa, with Jaemin’s arms wrapped around your shoulder, your head resting on his shoulder, laughing at the movie you picked. Then your now-alive phone lit up for the nth time this evening. You didn’t bother to pick up since a) you were too caught up in the movie and b) it wouldn’t be Chanyeol.

“Woah, someone’s popular,” Jaemin laughed, gesturing towards the phone, urging you to get it. “I bet a dinner at Sushi Palace that it’s Chanyeol, so go pick it up.”

“Haha,” you said noncommittally. Oh damn, it was him. With ten texts and thirty calls, all from him, spaced out during the hours of the evening. You suddenly felt horrible, and you excused yourself to the bathroom to quickly answer back. Within the first few beeps, you were connected to him.

 

“Can I ask where you are right now?” Chanyeol said a very low voice - a sign he was mad. “And why you haven’t been able to pick up?”

“I’m at Jaemin’s house,” you answered, trying to be calm. “And I was busy this evening.” you added with a note of satisfaction, trying to be cold back.

“Jaemin’s house? At this hour? Are you insane? Are you cheating on me with him while I’ve been busy? And here I was, on my precious free time, being the idiot I am, waiting for you outside your house while you were obviously busy with another man.” his voice was sharp, full of anger, hurt, disappointment, and fury. You flinched back.

“I can explain. Be there in fifteen.” you answered, trying to recompose yourself.

“Oh, you better explain this situation well,” he answered. You gulped in fear - Chanyeol had never been more angry - sure, a few petty arguments here and there, but never a full blown fight. What you realized was that neither of you had ended the phone call.

“Babe, I have to run,” you said, before running to the front door. Jaemin chased after you.

“What’s wrong, baby?” he asked, concern written on his face.

“Chanyeol,” you replied breathlessly, slipping onto your shoes.

“You better explain to him good,” he answered, giving you a friendly nod.

 

Chanyeol was waiting - waiting - and your heart dropped. His face was so red it was nearly blinding. You never saw him this mad before. He walked towards you, a cold expression on his face.

“I heard you. So, Jaemin’s the ‘babe’, isn’t he?” he held up his phone, showing the unended phone call between you two, and you gasped and internally groaned - great, more to explain.

“Chanyeol, listen to me -” you were cut off when he towered over you, looking scary as ever.

“No, you listen to me. So when did this start, huh? Since you’ve started being distant, and not wanting to meet up with me? Then now, nearly spending the night at his house? Aren’t you going a bit too far? What were you doing at his house, huh? Doesn’t he know you’re dating me - or is he low enough to not care? How is he better than me?”

“HEY!” you shouted, not wanting anybody to insult your best friend.

“I see, already sticking up for him. And I was the stupid one, expecting you to answer my phone call so we could go on a little date.”

“Am I supposed to be waiting 24 hours for your call? If so, I’m sorry, your Highness, I did not expect you to call me, and I am awfully sorry I was not waiting hand and foot for the call.” you mocked sarcastically.

“And I’m telling you right now, the whole ‘babe’ thing is an inside joke - so it’s not used romantically between us. If you don’t trust me, then I don’t see how that’s my problem. No, I’m not going to give up my friendship just for you.”

“What?” he asked, hurt. “Then what ELSE am I supposed to believe? He was calling you 'baby', and him 'babe'! Then he said, 'explain to him real good' About what, huh? That you had been for this time in another relationship with him, and that you're planning to tell me now?"

“Maybe have a bit more faith in me - like I do to you. Who knows, you could be the cheating one, telling me you’re in practice while you’re with another girl, making me wait for your call almost every single night, hoping there would be at least a simple ‘goodnight’ from you. Then I pick up the courage to send you a text, then you either reply one-word, or no answer at all. Looking at this angle, you’re the most suspicious.”

“Jagiyah, don’t be like that,” he said in distress and anger, running his hand through his hair.

“Don’t jagiyah me,” you retorted, too caught up in your anger. “You know what, Park Chanyeol, I think you need some time off. Both of us. Think some things. At least until after the solo concert, and you’re in your right mind.” with that, you pushed him out of the door and shut it.

You could the faint callings of “jagiyah” and your name, but you just put your headphones on, and listened to some music, tears running down your cheeks.

SHORT A/N: Comment requests, give feedback, subscribe, thanks :)