BAEKHYUN - Wow - WHEN YOU ARE A ROOKIE AND BAEKHYUN NOTICES YOU

EXO ONE SHOTS - COMPILED COLLECTION - REQUESTS WELCOMED

When you are a rookie and Baekhyun notices you

A/N: Remember requests are welcome. Thanks for reading.

Leave comments down, subscribe and upvote!

“One, two, step, one two step,” you muttered under your breath, while trying to memorize the dance steps. You were going to debut soon, and you, being the lead dancer/visual of your new girl group for SM, needed to have the moves sharp and precise as humanly possible. You had one short solo dance, about a minute long, and you weren’t going to mess it up. Now, all of your members had gone back to their new dorm while you were sitting in the ever-so-infamous SM cloud-wallpaper practice room, just trying to listen, feeling the beat and imagining the steps in your head - you found it helped a lot. You leaned against the wall, closing your eyes, letting the music wash over you.

“Looks like somebody is practicing hard,” a man voice behind you said mockingly. You jumped, instantly snapping your hips into a 90-degree bow as taught by your company to your senior. You opened your eyes, surprised at who you saw.

It was Byun Baekhyun, the lead vocalist of EXO, and your sunbaenim. Sure, you had met him with the rest of his and your group a couple of times, but you two had never talked in person. Frankly, he never acknowledged you personally - unlike with the lead vocalist of your group, as you thought a little bitterly. It was no secret to the rest of your group that you perhaps had a tiny - scratch that - a huge crush on him ever since you heard him sing in one of the practice rooms, when you were a trainee.

Flashback

“Oh my god, who is the owner of that voice!” you squealed to Dahye, one of your fellow trainees and best friend. “I swear, it is the most melodious voice ever! Come on, let’s find out who it is!”

You and Dahye finally tracked the location of that voice. When you slightly peered inside, you found out it was none other than Byun Baekhyun, the trainee about to debut in a group called EXO.

 

“Song Ahri, what are you doing here? It’s almost one in the morning!” he said, putting you back to reality.

“Well, what are you doing here in one in the morning, sunbaenim?” you asked back defiantly. “For me I’m just practicing my dance moves.”

“At one in the morning? Aren’t you tired?”

“I am tired - very tired. There’s nothing more I want to do right now than to sleep in my bed, but I need to practice it one more time and I would appreciate if you, sunbaenim, could wait a few minutes for your turn with the room.”

“Who says I’m here to practice?”

“Then why are you here?”

“Maybe I just wanted to see some hoobaes practice, and you know, offer advice?”

“I don’t think I need your tips on dancing, thank you very much.” you snorted sarcastically, your pride bubbling up. You didn’t like it when he thought he was better than everyone else - just because he debuted first.

 

“Hey! Just being nice,” he recoiled defensively, hands up in the air as if admitting defeat. “well, I just wanted to see the main dancer of the new girl group dance. Everyone in the building says you’re so good at dancing, but I don’t really see it.” he wrinkled his nose. A challenge, I see, you thought, smirking internally. If there was one thing you were confident in, it was dancing.

“Fine. Sit there and watch. But don’t be so surprised by watch you see.”

You were lost in your own world - but part of you wanted to perform the absolute best for him. Your moves got even more sharper, accurate to the beat, and the steps got more powerful as you changed into your new stage persona - Ahri.

“Wow,” he said breathlessly, after the music stopped.

“What?” you snapped, a sudden feeling of insecurity creeping onto your body. Wow, as in wow, I can’t believe you’re the main dancer of your group, or wow, as in you’re good?

“Y-y-you’re actually really good,” he said, pausing. “how many times have you practiced this piece?”

“Two hours ago,” you said honestly.

“Wow,” he said again.

“Can you stop saying ‘wow’, and give me ‘tips for dancing’?” you replied sarcastically.

“Um, you know, this might be a little sudden and all, but, would-would-would like you to go out with me sometime?” he asked nervously, stammering the last part out.

Wait. What? What? Your ultimate crush? Is just standing here, nervously asking me out? Okay, play it cool. Don’t be so easy.

“I thought you hated me,” you replied coolly, tilting your head to one side, eyebrows furrowing every so slightly.

“W-well, that’s because I didn’t want to make it obvious that I liked you,” he replied, feeling a little discouraged without a positive response from you. You privately snickered.

“I thought you liked Nara?” you asked, referring to the main vocalist of your group.

“You see, that was a failed attempt to get you jealous. And to maybe ask me out first if you had feelings for me. Nara is a good hoobae, but nothing more. I promise.” he said earnestly, and you believed every syllable being uttered out by him. It was too good to be true. That moment, you felt nothing but love and happiness. As you looked into the brown orbs of his slanted eyes, they spoke the same.

"I fell in love with you as soon as I saw you dancing in one of the practice rooms when you were a new trainee. And then your smile, which was too beautiful. I couldn't ask you out right away, as much as I wanted to, because EXO was debuting and I really had to concentrate for a few months - t-then, when I came back, you were already so high up, so accomplished as a trainee, and I felt so proud. My love for you grew, but you never really paid attention to me - we never had a real conversation, you were so close with Chanyeol and Kai, and I was kind of intimidated - maybe they had a thing for you, but surely, if it came down to one of them with me, you'd definitely pick Chanyeol or Kai - I'm nowhere near as good at dancing as Kai, I'm not as good-looking as Chanyeol with his height, and I was just so awkward and cold whenever you were around, because I kept trying to think of things to say but I was so nervous that I just didn't." he blabbered on and on, and you were quite touched.

"....Then I heard overheard from Suho that you went out with Kai for the night, and I thought I lost you. I thought you and Kai were going out, but it turns out, you weren't. Will you please accept me? I love you, and always will." He brought out a simple silver necklace, with the letter "B" on it, presumably for "Baekyhun". Then he held out another one, "A" for "Ahri". You finally smiled, and walked over to hug him, whether you were sweaty or not. You didn't care at the moment. He hugged you back just as fiercely, breathing in the scent of your hair, and sighing in perfect contentment.

"Baekhyun, I also liked you the moment I heard your voice in the practice rooms. I thought you liked Nara, because you were always giving her one-on-one advice, and you never noticed me. I thought you'd like Nara better, since she was the lead vocalist and all, so you'd have more in common. When you came back a few months later after debut, I was too scared to acknowledge you since you were already so high up in society - and I was yet a mere trainee. But I never stopped liking you." you blushed, and stared at the ground. You let him clasp the "B" necklace up on you, and you did his for him as well.

"Well, they say love blooms and flourishes in the practice rooms," he joked, rubbing the back of his neck in a cute way.