012

// Falling for you //

3 months later.

 

Winter was approaching, the sun had faded replaced with only grey skies. Neither Seunghyun or Jiyong seemed to mind whist sitting inches from the balcony door whist smoking, interpolated in watching the rain fall down. Jiyong remembers this same scene before him and Seunghyun got together- Jiyong would always sit alone smoking whist watching the rain back then. Back before things were bad.

 

Everything had changed since then- Life had calmed down a little and Jiyong was finally happy and content. Things finally felt like they'd fallen into place for the better. Jiyong sat in between Seunghyun's legs his back against the older males chest. Seunghyun's arm around the younger male, resting on Jiyong's stomach, their fingers intertwined . They smoked in comfort with each others company. Time had flown by and in between flying to do more tours they enjoyed and appreciated the time they shared together.

 

“What time do you have to be there?” Seunghyun muttered softly whist Jiyong had his eyes close, absorbing the music playing throughout Seunghyun's place in a spiritual manner. Blindly Jiyong inhaled, senses heighten in the process.

 

“In about half an hour. I'm probably going to be late, aren't I?” Jiyong said with a slightly care free attitude whist the rain poured loudly.

 

“You can leave within ten and still make it.” Seunghyun's words seemed to echo softly throughout the apartment. Jiyong sighed not really wanting to move from Seunghyun's embrace. He liked being with the older male, hidden away from the reality that surrounded them. It was peaceful.

 

“You got to be there long?” Seunghyun asked causing Jiyong to shrug.

 

“You could always come if you wanted? I'm only going to be in the studio, and it is BIGBANG's album. The others will probably be there. You should come socialize and do work.” Jiyong suggested openly for the first time in a while not wanting to push Seunghyun to do something he wasn't comfortable with.

 

“Okay then” Seunghyun said simply agreeing. Jiyong's face lit up, blatantly more than happy that Seunghyun had agreed to come to YG with him.

 

 

/////

 

 

Before walking into YG they both had a cigarette in the car park. Seunghyun seemed a little apprehensive since it was his first time seeing everyone in person since Jiyong had drunkenly spilt the news that they were now a couple. Seunghyun, never once in his life had ever been open with a lot of people about being homoual- It was a new concept for him but he knew he'd have to face up to it sooner or later, after all, Bigbang were the closest people to him.

 

He it up. He tried not to think negatively about things.

 

One step at a time- a slow gradual process. Things for Seunghyun worked better like that. Simplistic and not to complicated. It kept him calm and mentally stable. Jiyong looked at the older male with slight admiration, proud that he'd gotten used to the idea of Bigbang knowing- Well, the rest of Bigbang and Yang. 4 people in total didn't seem like a lot to Jiyong but he realised that it wasn't all about him and that Seunghyun needed to be pulled gradually into the spotlight.

 

They'd both grown.

 

It was still a working process but despite some of the fears they were both happy. Jiyong didn't feel the need to talk, he knew Seunghyun well enough to know that right now the older male was getting into the right frame of mind to enter the building in confidence and to be his usual self. He didn't want to show anyone the fear. But Jiyong knew that Seunghyun was held back by something bigger than what he's letting on. Seunghyun being a private man he is always keeping quiet and emotions bottled up- Jiyong couldn't change that about Seunghyun- It was one of Seunghyun's flaws, but everyone had them, they're just contributors to ones personality. Jiyong didn't want to change him, nor did he want him to change. Regardless, Jiyong loved the man deeply despite his faults.

 

Still, Jiyong couldn't refrain from holding Seunghyun's hand ever so subtly; the younger male didn't know what to say to comfort him so his actions had to do it for him and it did- Seunghyun let out a smile, a loving one. It had become harder and harder not to display public affection, this was one of the many times Jiyong had caved in and just risked it. He couldn't see anyone around, he didn't feel fear- and at that moment neither did Seunghyun. It was relaxed, they were relaxed.

 

After they'd finished their cigarette's Jiyong still had hold of the older males hand before walking through the entrance of YG- at that point they let go, but Seunghyun still put his arm around the younger male in a playful manner as they laughed about a memory of Jiyong's 21st birthday as Jiyong recalled Seunghyun buying him the pair of trainers he'd desperately wanted back then. So much had changed in five years.

 

They walked into the room, Jiyong first seeing Youngbae sitting, listening to some of the tracks they'd previously produced within the last week or so. Youngbae turned around in surprise hearing footsteps walking into the studio.

 

“Hey hey” Youngbae said getting up before hugging both Jiyong and Seunghyun individually and instead of idly chatting Youngbae had already dragged Jiyong over to the computer where he was showing him lyrics he'd added and ideas flowing through his head. They talked a few minuets before they both turned to Seunghyun who seemed to be in a dream land.

 

“You want to do your bit since you're here? It'll be another song finished so it makes sense.” Jiyong said pen in his hand writing down any additional details that popped into his head.

 

“Sure” Seunghyun muttered before getting on with the work that as Jiyong said eventually needs to be done. Whist absorbed in making music Seunghyun forgot about all of the thoughts about being nervous and just felt normal. After a while Seungri and Daesung turned up and everything just felt relaxed. Seunghyun started feeling stupid for even doubting that it would be awkward for him.

 

Throughout the day they all worked hard, finishing another song for the album. It was a working process but the album was slowly coming together and all the members seemed to be excited about it. Jiyong needed a cigarette- it had been hours and honestly, the younger male had held back his cravings for longer than possible. Jiyong dragged Seunghyun out of the studio, taking their coats, scarf’s , bags and cigarettes with them. Like predicted it was still raining and by the looks of it, it hadn't stopped since this morning.

 

“Good thing I have an umbrella huh?” Jiyong declared whist pulling it out, still under shelter from the YG building looming above them. Seunghyun took the umbrella from Jiyong and suddenly a flashback came to mind. This same scene happened after Jiyong had moved in with Seunghyun. The younger male smiles whist recalling the subtle hints of affection even back then.

 

“I'm still too small to hold it?” Jiyong asked causing the older male to laugh, also recalling the past before smirking and nodding in response.

 

“Afraid so” The older male uttered before they took a walk. When it's raining there's something about walking along Han river, Jiyong and Seunghyun on many occasions ended up here after a long day. They walk together, down the long path which leads all the way down the river bank itself, walking close but no too close. This was one of the things Jiyong hated and that was being careful. Jiyong was bad at being careful but he tried his best- after all the fear that the public would find out was overwhelming. They both smoked casually whist walking under the umbrella. It was quiet and peaceful, the only sound being the rain hitting the floor, river and umbrella. It was calming, things like this helped Jiyong unwind.

 

Deep in thought, Jiyong tripped over. Falling on the ground, grunting in pain- although the embarrassment didn't last long as he felt straight on his knees, cutting them and ripping his jeans in the process. Seunghyun was almost shocked and knelt down, covering him with the umbrella, not wanting him to get soaked from the rain.

 

“You're hurt.” Seunghyun stated causing Jiyong to wince whist trying to move. Seunghyun offered his hand out, helping the younger male up.


“I'll be okay- It could've been worse.” Jiyong stated knowing fully well that he's had worse situations than this, especially whist skateboarding. Seunghyun let out a sigh, his hand still holding Jiyong's. Jiyong looked down at his knees unaware of the affections that was being displayed naturally. He was bleeding causing Jiyong to sigh in slight annoyance.

 

“My jeans are going to stain” Jiyong whined before looking for shelter near by, somewhere he could sit and sort the blood flow out.

 

“Can we move over there? I kinda wanna sit down and put on a plaster or something-” Jiyong explained before Seunghyun finally let go of his hand. They walked before they got under the shelter which had a clear outlook on the river. Jiyong placed himself on the floor and began rummaging though his bag- Seunghyun sat beside him, making sure he was okay with a concerned expression.

 

Jiyong grabbed his bottled water and some tissue, wetting the tissue before wiping away the blood that seemed to have calmed down a little. Whist doing that Seunghyun unwrapped some plasters that the older male had spotted in Jiyong's bag.

 

“Here.” Seunghyun smiled softly whist passing him the plasters. Jiyong thanked him and placed the plasters on his cuts.

 

“Ripped jeans and plasters- could start a new fashion trend.” Seunghyun laughed under his breath causing Jiyong to chuckle in amusement.

 

“Well at least you can't see blood stains- I'm lucky I decided to wear black jeans.” Jiyong uttered before standing up again. Seunghyun looked up at the younger male in interest before also standing up, Jiyong let out a sigh before looking down at his knees again.

 

“It does hurt though. I hope I don't start limping” Jiyong explained before attempting to walk on it- He was able too, although painful he could. He'd let out a groan in pain now and again, but it was manageable.


“You know I'd help carry you if I could-” Seunghyun said softly causing Jiyong to smile at the older male.

 

“I know you would. It's not your fault we're international Korean Idols or anything” Jiyong laughed causing Seunghyun to roll his eyes. He was happy that Jiyong tried to make it a positive thing rather than negative; not being able to be close together in public. Then Jiyong really did cry out in pain- Seunghyun panicked. It was painful. So So painful. Jiyong really tried to hide the pain, and failed from the stunned look in Seunghyun's eyes as he heard.

 

“Yo-You're not okay, are you?” Seunghyun said wanting clarification.

 

“Ah... I think- I've torn something.” Jiyong admitted causing Seunghyun to sigh softly. “I need to see Hwangssabu- He'll know whether it's serious.” Jiyong sighed not daring to walk another step.

 

“I'll ring him” Seunghyun said before pulling out his mobile phone, concerned for Jiyong's safety. It rang out- but that was common, especially if he's training in the gym. Seunghyun let out a sigh whist looking at the younger male who just looked guilty that he'd hurt himself.

 

“C'mon, I'll give you a piggy back ride back- It's only a few minuets away.” Seunghyun gave in, this was right now the only option. Jiyong hesitated a little before complying, He knew it was more than minuets away, maybe 10 if Seunghyun walked quick and took the short cuts and in the pouring rain who would witness it, and even if someone did witness it- Jiyong had wounds to prove he couldn't walk on his own. It's fine- It'll be fine, Jiyong told himself that.

 

“The umbrella?” Jiyong questioned causing Seunghyun look down at it before picking it up.

 

“If I carry you- do you think you can hold this? If you can't we'll put it in your bag, it's fine either way” Seunghyun explained.

“I'll hold it” Jiyong declared before he got on Seunghyun's back, the older male giving him a piggy back to the YG building. The younger male held the umbrella above both of them and smiled softly.

 

“I'm not too small now, huh?” Jiyong laughed causing Seunghyun to smile in a smug manner whist walking carefully, wary of everyone they passed. The rain only got heavier and it only seemed ironic that something would go wrong because everything had been going so good. Life worked like that. They approached the YG building and more people started emerging, no-one seemed particularly alarming in either of their eyes though and before they'd comprehended it they arrived and Seunghyun placed Jiyong down in the hallway near the lift before helping him inside, then pressing the button for the 5th floor.

 

“Thanks Seung- For helping me.” Jiyong said softly causing Seunghyun to let out a small smile before ruffling Jiyong's hair in a affectionate manner. The door opened and Jiyong hopped on Seunghyun's back again whist they scanned the gym for trainer Hwangssabu. Most of the trainee's seemed to be training in the gym- both Seunghyun and Jiyong tried to be as discreet as possible before Seunghyun spotted Hwangssabu.

 

“Ah, Trainer Hwang! We need your assistance” Seunghyun said whist moving Jiyong over to him. Hwangssabu looked at them both in surprise knowing they weren't due any sort of training today.

 

“Assistance?” He questioned before Seunghyun dropped Jiyong gently from his back to the bench near Trainer Hwangssabu. Jiyong winced with the slightest movement and Hwangssabu could see the pain from Jiyong's expression.

 

“Ah-” Trainer Hwang said before examining Jiyong's leg, moving it back and forth and feeling for any obvious damage. Jiyong groaned rather loudly in great pain, cursing and swearing under his breath as trainer Hwang examined him. Seunghyun just looked over them feeling a little anxious.


“How did you manage this?” Trainer Hwang asked as Jiyong winced. They loudness from their corner had drawn attention, so much so Hwang turned around and yelled frantically.

 

“Yah! What are you all doing!? It's not time for a break! If I catch you slacking again, I'll double the time you're training for!” And just like that everyone's curiosity died quickly in fear that they'd have to train more. This situation reminded the two males of how it was when they used to train. Hwang looked back at Jiyong.

 

“I slipped over in the rain... is it bad?” Jiyong asked before Hwang shook his head.

 

“It's not too bad but it's not great either. It doesn't seem like you've torn a ligament, to me, it looks like a sprain but a slightly serve one. It might take a few weeks to heal, could be less time than that but could be longer. Regardless you're lucky, it could have resulted in muscle damage but for now you just need rest. I don't think a trip to the hospital is needed, they'll probably only give you pain killers.” Hwangssabu explained causing Jiyong and Seunghyun to both let out a sigh of relief.

 

“So I can't walk around? Not at all?” Jiyong asked curiously causing Hwang to sympathize with the younger male.

 

“You can't put much pressure on it, no. Every time you use your leg, it'll just get more damaged. You need to rest it as much as possible you'll also want to put ice on it and keep it elevated.” Hwang explained giving strict instructions on what to do. Jiyong nodded agreeing with what Trainer Hwang had told him.

 

“I'd go home and rest as soon as possible.” He added causing Jiyong to nod before looking up at Seunghyun.

 

“I'm going to need help again I'm afraid” Jiyong uttered almost shyly before Seunghyun bent down, back facing Jiyong so he could climb on again.

 

“Thanks for your help” Jiyong said softly in Seunghyun's grip, the older male holding him up.

 

“You're welcome. I'm always happy to help” He reassured Jiyong before Seunghyun and the younger male left, leaving YG. Seunghyun placed Jiyong in the car, making sure he was comfortable, worried about his leg. He got in the car himself in the drivers seat before turning to Jiyong who looked slightly annoyed at his current situation.

 

“Yah- Don't frown. It'll be okay. I'm here to look after you, remember?” Seunghyun cooed trying to cheer the younger male up. Jiyong looked up at him with a pout feeling stupid for even slipping over in the first place. He felt so incapable, it was frustrating.

 

“Jiyongieeeeeeeeeeeee~” Seunghyun whined before the younger male finally let out a smile, even though Jiyong didn't want too he couldn't help it. The older male always just seemed to cheer Jiyong up when needed, it was comforting to say the least.

 

 

/////

 

 

Just like that, Seunghyun really did take care of the younger male. He cooked for him, helped him to different rooms, drove him places if he needed to be somewhere, cleaned the apartment, made sure Jiyong was as comfy as possible at all times- Jiyong was thankful. Yang called a few hours later almost surprising Jiyong, but regardless he picked up the phone call.

 

Yang sounded concerned.

 

“Hey- Hwang told me about your leg. Can we talk? I mean in person?” Yang asked causing Jiyong to go blank-

 

“I can't move- so...” Jiyong said not knowing what to say. He felt like he was being asked a trick question.

 

“No- No. I meant can I come see you?” Yang asked, not really giving the younger male much of a choice since Yang's words were so demanding.


“Sure. I'm over at Seunghyun's place. When are you coming?” Jiyong asked causing Yang to quickly leave his desk, walking out of the building.


“I'm now on my way.” Was all Yang said before leaving the phone call. Jiyong didn't know what to think and turned to Seunghyun who looked absorbed into the TV.

 

“Seung- Yang's on his way over...” Jiyong said softly causing Seunghyun to look confused.

 

“Over? Over here? What?” Seunghyun didn't just look confused, now he'd opened his mouth he sounded it too. Jiyong just shrugged, not knowing what to say. Seunghyun raced around the house for a while, cleaning up and preparing some fruit- he had to be a good host. It was only polite.

 

It was rare for Yang to come over to anyone's place in person, Unless it really was important. Deep down, Jiyong knew it would be but he didn't want to think about it.

 

/////

 

The room grew silent, both Seunghyun and Jiyong with their jaws dropped.

 

“Wait- what?” Jiyong asked wanting clarification on what Yang had just said. Yang sighed before putting a set of photos down on the table.

 

“A fan- A fan released these online- they're spreading. There's nothing I can do.” Both Jiyong and Seunghyun examined the photos and surprisingly they where from earlier within that day when Jiyong had fallen over. Both Jiyong and Seunghyun did look undeniably close however Jiyong didn't seem as worried as the other men.

 

“It's only him helping me- I was legitimately in pain. If it gets out of hand just release a statement. I'll go get a doctors note or something if it'll help. I just don't see this as a massive problem right now. There's no actual proof of me and Seunghyun being in any kinda relationship from these photos.” Jiyong's words came out slowly whist staring at the photos.

 

Then one did catch his eye. One before he'd fallen over, just them walking under the umbrella. One in which Seunghyun and Jiyong were looking at each other with smiles. That was the one photo, if any that seemed like it had any chemistry.

 

“This one.” Jiyong pointed. “To me, that's the only one that I'd be a little worried about” Jiyong explained causing Seunghyun to agree.

 

“I agree with Jiyong- apart from that one photo I don't see this as much of a threat. I'd just release a statement about Jiyong's condition since there is photographic proof of Jiyong falling over.” Seunghyun stated causing Yang to nod.

 

“Okay, then Jiyong, I'll need a statement from you- A video one might be more appropriate since you've got bandaged around you now.” Yang suggested causing Jiyong to just go along with it. Neither of the males were in a position to ignore this because it could blow up and the last thing they need is the strain of the public finding out about them. Yang used one of Seunghyun's DSLR's to record a video message for the fans explaining the situation of how he hurt his leg and how Seunghyun had helped. It almost seemed like he was denying dating rumours in the most subtle way.

 

 

/////

 

 

After a week he could feel his leg immensely improving and could walk on his own to different rooms without straining himself anymore. It wasn't perfectly healed but it was getting better. Seunghyun still took care of him though, worried it would get worse. Jiyong was happy that Seunghyun cared so much- not only that the company with Seunghyun constantly was nice. They'd not really had time to themselves since being back from the tour, Seunghyun had filming, and if not filming he'd be out at his family home, yet, He'd pushed that all aside to be with Jiyong, to help and care for him.

 

Jiyong wasn't sure how to repay him but this picture was how he'd imaged being in love being like: unconditional care and love without hesitation about anything else. It was fleeting and Jiyong didn't think it but somehow he'd fallen more. Everyday he felt like it was growing more and more so much so it was slightly overwhelming and he knew Seunghyun felt the same. The talks that go into early hours of the morning, the constant smiles and laughter, the looks of love and longing in their eyes, their smoking sessions that kept them from stressing, the long hugs and kisses that would leave the pair breathless with rapid heartbeats. That's what Jiyong loved and craved.

 

A few more weeks passed and Jiyong was in perfect condition again however more rumours and photos had surfaced, again none of any significance but still, it was slightly worrying. Yang had called Jiyong and Seunghyun in to YG and sat them down. He showed them the photos, normal ones, them travelling in cars, arriving and leaving YG together, a few photos on their night out in Osaka had come up, still, nothing of any interest, nothing no-one had seen before.

 

“I think it might just be wise to just ignore this- We've already subtly denied it once, if we keep denying people will really believe we have something to hide. However, maybe we should get a manager to make a statement saying that we're close and always have been? We all know how bad this could be if and only if everyone finds out.” Jiyong sighed not needing the stress of all of this.

 

“Going home together late at night and arriving early in the morning together seems to be the main problem. This alone is making everyone think that you two could possibly be together but surprisingly it's not getting as much negative response as I anticipated.” Yang explained.

 

“Can't you just say we're living in the dorms so it's easier to come and go together?” Seunghyun mentioned causing Yang to look at him in surprise whist thinking about his suggestion.

 

“Or just say we're living together? Or is that to obvious?” Jiyong questioned causing everyone to go into deep thought about what to do.

 

“Hold on, wait! All these photos are of me driving, can't we just say that I've been picking up and dropping off Seunghyun for medical reasons that he's unable to drive, like stress of something?” Jiyong said causing Yang to waver because it was a possibility that it would work.

 

“But we don't know if anyone has taken photos during the last few weeks, after all, lately I've been driving you everywhere... we have to be careful about what we're saying.” Seunghyun stated causing Yang to nod in agreement.

 

“Then... I think for now, we should just see how it plays out.” Jiyong said causing the room to fall silent. After a while Yang looked up at them both.

 

“If this doesn't blow over then I'll have another meeting with you both soon. For now, I think the best thing is do as Jiyong suggested the first time and just have a YG representative make a statement about you two being childhood friends and this behaviour being normal, apart from that, we'll stay quiet.” Yang declared causing both men to just agree. They didn't know what else to do other than agree.

 

They carried on with their day, working on the album- the stress had piled onto them both that was undeniable. Jiyong because he'd been MIA for weeks due to his leg and Seunghyun because of helping Jiyong with his leg and filming. They needed to catch up and it didn't help that everyone in YG itself was starting to believe what the online blogs and fans were talking about as well.

 

The looks started and at first both of them brushed it off, but as the day progressed they could tell everyone was thinking it. In the canteen, trainees and dancers would gossip and stare from afar, in the studio Teddy and Kush would look at them now and again, opening their mouths to ask but never actually going through with it. The same with other artists when bumping into them, everyone wanted to ask but no-one dared. By the end of the day Jiyong felt overwhelmed and Seunghyun slightly flustered. Jiyong could feel the fear rising and deep down he knew that it could all go very wrong from here on in.