001

// Falling for you //

 

He strolls through the corridors with attitude; no care in the world, almost oblivious to life around him. His face serious and eyes a little bloodshot, and if anyone asks, his eyes are just 'tired' eyes. How many times had he used that excuse now? He thought about it before walking to the roof of the building; the company building he works for, YG. He finds his way under shelter which Jiyong's uses as a smoking area; he places himself on the cold ground, watching the rain like earlier. He lights up a cigarette and ponders. He felt weak, powerless. Jiyong hated feeling this way, he likes control. He'd not slept a wink, he wasn't able too-- The smoke from his cigarette blowing freely in the wind as he closed his eyes again. Remembering every kiss and touch from last night. His body shivered. A heartbroken Jiyong stumbling to bed with another man. A man whom he was more than close with, his best friend to be exact. It was a drunken, high encounter but deep down he couldn't help but feel things might be awakward from now on in-- but over the years little things had happened, spooning at night, a few kisses here and there-- nothing ever changed then – maybe this wouldn't be any different.

 

Or maybe it would – He sighed once more, forgetting about it – after all, right now, he had a lot more on his mind than last night, he was going through hell, silently without a soul knowing. Jiyong was a master at bottling up emotions. The rain was getting heavier as Jiyong finished his cigarette – He cleared his mind and left the roof, dragging himself back inside YG.

 

////////////////

 

Jiyong sits casually in the studio with Teddy and Youngbae; two of the closest people he had in his life, still right now, they didn't even know what was going on. Jiyong hadn't announced his depressing news yet. He didn't know when he would – or even if he would.

 

Man, You look dead--” Teddy commented as sleepy Jiyong let out a yawn. His eyes watered before he nodded, agreeing with what Teddy was saying. He wiped his watery eyes before replying.

I literally didn't sleep...” Jiyong uttered causing Teddy to laugh as well as Youngbae.

“Well at least you're not hungover...” Teddy argued causing a grin to appear on Jiyong's face.

True” Jiyong lied, deep down he wishes he was hungover-- with the amount of drink he consumed last night it would have made sense but-- he feels normal; with a clear mind within reason. The memories of last night fresh in his mind.

When did you leave Seungri's anyway?” Youngbae asked curiously before taking a sip of his water.

 

I don't know-- maybe 6AM? I was smoking in one of his spare rooms with Seunghyun whist the whole place turned into a massive —” Jiyong uttered as a half truth; after all, smoking wasn't the only thing that had happened that night with the pair.

 

I know right-- Seungri's crazy, very open and very crazy.” Youngbae replied causing Teddy to laugh.

 

You and Chaerin left early?” Jiyong smirked whist raising his eyebrow at Teddy. Teddy smiled before looking back down at his lyrics, trying to hide the truth.


“Yeah?” He replied not giving anything away to anybody causing the boys to sigh.

 

Oh, c'mon. You two have been seeing each other on and off for ages.” Jiyong said rolling his eyes, tormenting his older Hyung.

 

It just happens, I don't know what to say.” Teddy stated back.

 

You can have with someone all you want, even chemistry but that doesn't automatically mean you're with that person-- life isn't that simple.” Teddy added causing Jiyong to understand more than ever-- he was right. He'd experienced it himself before so why was he so naïve about it right now? This was no different, what happened last night was no different – Jiyong realised at that point that there was no point of worrying, Seunghyun is Seunghyun – there's no way that could have made things awkward. Not between them, it just wasn't possible.

 

That was deep” A husky, deep voice called out from the entrance of the sutdio causing all three to turn around in surprise-- especially Jiyong. Seeing the man from last night in all his glory was almost nerve racking, maybe even intimidating. His eyes, dark from lack of sleep, just like Jiyong's. He looked nice and casual, a floral shirt with a dark jumper over the top-- oversized and comfortable. Skinny jeans which are rolled up at the ends to revel a pair of black and white chequered shoes. Seunghyun placed himself in the only other seat, next to Jiyong on the sofa. The greeted, both with smiles.

 

You always walk in at odd times during a conversation...” Teddy muttered causing Seunghyun to chuckle softly.

 

It's just bad timing” Seunhyun smiled before Jiyong stood up almost abruptly, but his smile suggested that he was fine.

 

I'll be back in about ten – I need a smoke” Jiyong stated before excusing himself in his normal manner-- He needed air, fresh air and a joint.

 

Seunghyun, Teddy and Youngbae all sort of looked at each other.

 

Yah, has something happened with Jiyong? The last week or so, he's just been – well quiet?” Youngbae uttered softly causing Teddy to shrug.

 

You have any idea, Seunghyun?” Teddy asked causing the Seunghyun to shake his head.


“Well he mentioned something when drunk last night – but, I don't know...” Seunghyun let out causing the others to look at him in interest.

 

It's – not really something you can hear from me. It wouldn't be right and Jiyong's not the type to like sympathy” Seunghyun said truthfully causing the others to sigh.

 

Still, chain smoking isn't good for his health – with Jiyong, you can tell if something if wrong by the amount of time's he leaves for a smoke. It's been twice already – he's been here maybe 15 minuets?” Youngbae complained in worry for his Hyung.

 

I'll go talk to him –“ Seunghyun said softly before removing himself from the studio beginning to look around the possible places Jiyong could be.

 

Jiyong had rushed to the roof, it was pouring with rain now, so much so, you can barely make anything out. No-one would be out here; it was the safest place in the whole world sometimes. He ran under the shelter as fast as he could, trying to avoid getting soaked from the falling rain to no avail, even the few seconds he was in it, he ended up fairly wet to his own annoyance he sighed before sitting down on the dry floor covered by the shelter.

 

He remembers the first time he came to the roof to smoke a joint; it was with Tablo and Dumbfoundead after they'd collaborated together and were overally happy with the song they'd made. Jiyong was younger then, naïve even. A lot has changed, but this habit (on and off) had never completely disappeared. It seems to make everything a lot more easier.

 

The breeze makes it hard to light up in the rain, but by shielding the wind around the lighter with his hand, he manages it and takes a long drag. His left hand runs through his hair in slight stress. Maybe Jiyong wasn't ready to come to work today and face it but he knew after having a joint he would be able too. When it came to love and emotions in general, Jiyong is a fragile person. His 2 and a half year relationship had just come to an end-- his emotions constantly unstable and his mind scattered. He'd been heart broken. He dwelled on the past for a moment, so much so he didn't notice Seunghyun place himself beside himself.

 

You okay? You seem lost.” Seunghyun uttered causing Jiyong's heart to stop for a moment, in both fear and shock. His eyes shot next to him seeing Seunghyun.

 

Jesus ing Christ, you scared the out of me...” Jiyong said almost chocking on the smoke from inhaling. Jiyong's face looked shocked. Seunghyun looked up at the sky and the blurred distance that the rain distorts only enabling his eye sight to see outlines of objects and buildings.

 

Sorry” Seunghyun's words left his lips delicately, His eyes shifting from the sky to Jiyong, whist the smoke leaves his mouth slowly dissipating into the wind. Naturally Jiyong passes the joint to Seunghyun before lighting another one. He'd turned up today prepared. A soft smile cracked on Seunghyun's lips as thanks. The silence was peaceful, nothing needed saying-- it was perfect like this, hearing the sounds of the rain drops hit the floor. Seunghyun coughed chocking on the smoke suddenly causing Jiyong to grin in reaction, finding it somewhat amusing.

 

Are you okay?” Jiyong asked with sympathy in his voice causing the older male to nod.

 

I'm fine. It's happened a thousand times before.” He admitted with his newly blood shot eyes, Jiyong enjoyed this also, spending time with Seunghyun in a 'escaping reality' manner. Both of them know how similar they are to one another, in some ways it's comforting. Jiyong's eyes were heavy; maybe he shouldn't have gone to YG without sleep, thinking about it, it was a little stupid. Still, everyone else was in the same situation, little sleep or lack of sleep after last night's antics.

 

Everything about today is slow... Even now, watching the rain fall-- it's just timeless. Everything about time is confusing to me. Reality is confusing.” Jiyong said in a blur; his words not really making sense but at the same time relatable.

 

That's because your tired eyes can't comprehend reality, let alone time.” Seunghyun uttered softly inhaling generously.

 

I don't want to be in this reality, not right now, not whist I feel broken. I barely know what to do with myself...”Jiyong almost whispered watching his hands tremble. It was obvious Jiyong was a broken and an abandoned mess, Seunghyun could see it clearly and it made him feel emotional for him.

 

It's the start Jiyong; it'll hurt for a while, but-- you'll get over it, you'll become bigger than that because that's the type of person you are. You know that more than anyone.” Seunghyun stated.

 

Maybe you're right...” Jiyong said delicately before watching the rain again, absorbed in the smoke filling up his lungs. A long silence filled up their worlds.

 

He... cheated on me. More than once-- I mean who the does that Seunghyun? I could have forgiven once, but every time he'd go away--- I...” Jiyong said in disgust before stopping himself, tears began forming, he took a long deep breath; calming himself down. It was the first time Jiyong had explained what happened, the first time he'd talked about it. Seunghyun sighed softly, no idea the younger male had bottled up so much hurt.

 

Jiyong...I'm sorry... I didn't really know why you'd broken up... you kinda mentioned it last night – no-one knows about it though, do they? ” Seunghyun breathed carefully, not sure what to say or even what to do. Jiyong suddenly rested his head on Seunghyun's shoulder, quiet as a mouse. He wanted to feel comfort, and right now, leaning on Seunghyun, that was enough to keep the younger male from breaking down.

 

How would you know? I keep everything inside – you're the closest person to me so I guess you would find out, even if I mentioned it drunkenly” Jiyong said with a sigh.

 

But no – no-one knows and everything just feels ing exhausting...” The younger male uttered softly in his dead state. A flood of guilt hit Seunghyun; maybe last night confused Jiyong further. Seunghyun felt saddened.

 

C'mon, I'll drop you home, you're in no state to be here...” Seunghyun stated before helping him up. Seunghyun was right and Jiyong knew that-- he just followed in silence down every step and every corridor until reaching the car.

 

Thanks... Seunghyun.” Jiyong mummbled whist climbing into the car, Seunghyun smiled softly in a reassuring manner. On the drive Jiyong flicked through Seunghyun's ipod trying to find a song he wanted to listen too. He found a song he liked and looked out of the window. The rain had calmed down a bit. Neither of them spoke, but in this situation silence felt comforting and before they both knew it, they were pulling into Jiyong's driveway leading to his house.

 

I don't ing believe this” Jiyong said whist Seunghyun's eyes widened in the site of Jiyong's ex, Lee Soo-hyuk. Seunghyun almost didn't know what to do, or even what to say. He looked at Jiyong, his face was assembled with hurt and rage before he fled out of the car in a heart beat. Shock hit Seunghyun for a second as he watched Jiyong confront Soohyuk in a aggressive manner. After a minuet he removed himself from the car, feeling the need to protect the younger male.

 

Why the are you here?!” Jiyong practically screamed in anger causing Soohyuk to turn to Seunghyun in surprise.

 

I've come to get my stuff.” He explained in a sassy way causing Jiyong to roll his eyes. Jiyong turned to Seunghyun with an almost broken look-- Seunghyun opened his mouth to talk but Jiyong had already cut him off.

 

It's probably best you leave.” He spoke softly; obviously not wanting him to leave but not having much of a choice. Seunghyun knew he should persist, and attempted.

 

I don't thin—” Seunghyun said trying to help, to do anything but Jiyong cut him off again.

“Seunghyun, I'll be fine.” Jiyong's words weren't at all convincing but Seunghyun looked at Jiyong is slight desperation.

 

I'll call you later--” Seunghyun stated causing the younger male to nod. And just like that Seunghyun drove away feeling sick to his stomach.

 

////////

 

The second the door shut behind Soohyuk and Jiyong; Soohyuk had pinned Jiyong up against the nearest wall. It didn't surprise Jiyong much – Soohyuk got like this when either frustrated or jealous.

 

You're ing him now?!” He growled almost shocking Jiyong. Jiyong's temper was already high though-- he pushed him away, walking away slightly, making distance between the two of them. Needing distance between them.

 

What if I am? Is that any of your business?” Jiyong roared back just as aggressively. Soohyuk looked down at the floor, he looked torn, even if it was him that ruined the relationship.

 

Look-- we can't keep doing this, it's over Soohyuk ...” Jiyong uttered as his anger simmered down bringing back his fragile state.

 

I love you Ji.” Soohyuk said whist approaching Jiyong, embracing him in his arms without a word of warning causing Jiyong's eyes to water.


“Do-Don't say it Soohyuk...” Jiyong said whist he heart raced in result. Soohyuk ignored Jiyong's protesting and kissed him softly-- in that moment Jiyong forgot, he forgot all the hurt Soohyuk put him through. Like a school boy, naïve to the world, naïve to love- his knee's felt weak, he felt weak. But as Soohyuk touched him, Jiyong remembered last night and pulled away. Soohyuk looked at him, almost pleading.

 

Can you really not reconsider? Do we have to throw this away? I know I made mistakes – but Jiyong you were never perfect either – you might not have slept with other people but you sure as hell didn't keep your distance--” Soohyuk's words cut deep because what he was saying was somewhat true.

 

Isn't that why this should end though –“ Jiyong didn't want to say it, but he did. He needed to be strong –

 

I love you – you know I do but... I can't – not now.” Jiyong added before sitting down on the sofa, running his hands through his hair. Soohyuk's eyes dropped again before leaving Jiyong in the room alone whist collecting his stuff.

 

////////////

 

Seunghyun did call that night, whist alone, drinking his red wine in a lonely manner; He kept thinking back to how fragile Jiyong looked. His eyes widened when Jiyong didn't pick up though. He wanted to be the one Jiyong could lean on like he always had been.

 

The night came and Seunghyun was slightly delirious from the amount of wine consumed. He rang again to no avail. He sighed, looking up at his ceiling that seemed to be moving ever so slightly. Seunghyun put it down to the amount of drink he'd consumed before sending a text.

 

 

I'm worried. Don't shut me out – You know I'm here to help"

 




Seunghyun never recieved a text that night -- or the day after, or the day after that.

 

 

 

/////////