-VI

Branded You Mine

 

 

                                                                                      "We met for a reason, either you're a blessing or a lesson." - anonymous

 


 

 

Three years before.....

 

 

 

‘Bom I don’t want to go... I don’t have a good feeling about this dinner... can you come with me please?’ I showed my famous puppy eyes to my cousin and I know she couldn’t resist it. That’s what I believed in.

 

‘NO. Don’t do that it won’t work on me, and what will I do there? Supervise you? It’s your date Dara with your future husband remember.’ She said while rummaging my closet to find a dress for me to wear.

 

‘Ugggh, it’s not yet final, it depends on me if I’m going to marry that guy... what if he’s old, bald, a fat guy with a bad breathe or something... gosh I can’t imagine myself with him.... what’s his name again?’  I asked my cousin coyly while lying comfortably on my bed.

 

She stopped from what she is doing and peeked her head out from my closet. Her eyes widened, went to the other side of my bed and hit a pillow on my head.

 

‘Yah! What was that for?’ I stared at her confusedly. This cousin of mine is really crazy, imagine what she did. What’s wrong with what I said?

 

‘You brat, when did you become so judgmental you haven’t seen him and... You should at least know… the name of the guy…’ She was about to hit me again but luckily my reflexes were fast to counter her attack. I stood up.

 

‘You hit me because of that?’ I pulled one of my other pillows and positioned myself to attack this wicked Amazon.

 

‘Yah! Dara don’t you dare. You’re no match against me.’ And with that I jumped from my bed and hit her head and body continuously.

 

We run around my room for couple of minutes trying to hit one another. Our laughs and screams filled my room. This is what I love from my cousin she can make my worries go away even for just a moment. We both lay down to my bed when we both run out of our breaths. Silence consumed us.

 

‘Bom?’

 

‘Hmm?’

 

‘I’m scared; what should I do? I don’t know how to explain it but... You do know that I’ve never been into a relationship before right... I want to experience love but not this way. I want a guy who will pick me up in school, bring me flowers even without occasion, makes me smile in times of worry, makes my every day a special day and a guy.... who’s in love with me too not just a random guy who is forced by circumstances...  I never imagined myself in arrange marriage thing knowing mom and dad supports me and I still have to study in France remember.’

 

I sighed there I said it, what really bothering me. I thought arrange marriage only happens on drama, but I guess that drama is really going to happen.... to me. And speaking of love, not that I’m being picky or judgmental, many guys courted me before but none of them really attracts me. They’re all the same.

 

‘To be honest, it’s a good thing cause sometimes a really wonder if you’re a lesbo or what? Many guys confessed their love and wanted to be your boyfriend but you crushed all of them’ she said while giggling.

 

‘I’m being serious here...’

 

‘Tsk. I don’t really know Dara... maybe you just go with what your fate dictates you. Marry the guy... who knows he’s really the right guy for you.’

 

‘And what if he’s not? Marriage is a serious matter Bom. And besides my fate...I should be the one who makes it. This is my life.’

 

‘What if he is?’ she answered me with a question. ‘Right you’re the one who should make your fate that’s why it’s up to your decisions whether you’ll agree or not...don’t be hard on yourself Dara, and you know what my dear cousin sacrifice is inevitable, love always comes with it.’

 

Oh... I never knew that Bom is a genius when it comes to this matter. She’s right why should I worry too much, if I don’t like the guy after a week or so then no marriage will happen and if ever I’m willing to beg Mr. Kwon just to let us be free.

 

‘And you know me I’m always at your side no matter what. If ever that guy hurt you I swear he will not be seeing his future generation, I’ll cut him into pieces.’ I am touched with what she said.

 

‘I love you so much Bommie, that’s why you’re my favourite cousin.’ I embraced her tightly.

 

‘Of course... because I’m your only cousin silly!...will you please move I can’t breathe.’ I then let her go. We’re still lying on my bed when she asked me.

 

‘But really what’s the name of the guy I’m curious I tried to ask uncle but he didn’t even say a word.’ I stared at my ceiling, I don’t know why there’s something in me that just by thinking about his name my heart beats abnormally.

 

‘Hmmm... Kwon Jiyong,’

 

Bom suddenly propped her elbows on my bed and looked at me wide eyed. I looked back at her confusedly.

 

‘Are you serious?... Kwon Jiyong is his name? And you don’t know him? You don’t even try to search for his name after you heard his name? ’

 

‘NO. Search for his name? I’m not a stalker Bom... and besides I’ll meet him soon so why will I bother doing that.’ I said to her who looked like a crazy woman panicking over nothing.

 

She hit my shoulder and stood up, she went outside and after a few minutes she returned to my room with a magazine on her hands.

 

‘Look..’ She said to me pointing to a particular photo. I looked to Bom and to the magazine and to Bom again.

 

‘Who’s that? A he or a she?’ Bom hit my head.

 

‘I can’t believe you Dara, you don’t know him?’

 

‘Him? That means he’s a man. Ok’ I said not interested on what Bom would say next. I’m not into celebrities and the like so I ignored her, I don’t have time for gossiping. I stood up and about to head out.

 

‘That man is G-Dragon... Dara.’ And that stopped me from my tracks. I looked back at her.

 

‘G—What?’

 

‘G-Dragon, GD... or should I say... Kwon Jiyong your soon to be husband.’ With that burst into laughter.

 

‘Hahaha...He’s Kwon Jiyong?? Hahaha Goodness Bom hahaha... I can’t....hahaha He looked so gay... hahahaha...’ I can’t stop myself from laughing. I know it’s just for the sake of magazine but too much make-up and weird fashion sense... I can’t help it he really looked like a she to me. Lady gaga incarnated into a man. Oh gosh.

 

‘Laugh all you want Dara you’ll regret it later when you see him... It’s about time you should prepare for your dinner date with that... GAY. Come on let’s get you ready.’ She looked to me a bit annoyed.

 

Regret it later? I’m just stating my opinion what’s wrong with that?

 

 

 

---------------

 

 

 

She arrived at the private restaurant 10 minutes early before their scheduled dinner, wearing a simple black dress which fall on her thighs and a stiletto shoes, her hair was done in a messy bun with a light make up on. She accessorized herself with studded dangling earrings and a cuff bracelet. She looked stunning. Dara didn’t want to dress to impress but her cousin made her so after knowing that the guy she would be dating was none other than Kwon Jiyong.

 

Dara looked around the place, there’s no people inside and the set up was just made for a couple, a candle light dinner for a fact. She was mesmerized by the romantic ambiance of the place, a perfect dinner for two people in love but it saddens her remembering what the purpose of that dinner is.

 

She seated on one chair and waited for her date nervously, she doesn’t know why her heart is hammering wildly. She didn’t even have her dinner yet and Bom was to blame on that. After thirty minutes of waiting, her stomach started to rebel.

 

 ‘My goodness where in the world is that man... I’m starving... didn’t he know it’s bad to make the girls wait.’ I said impatiently.

 

‘Once you get here you’ll see... Don’t ever mess with a hungry Dara.’ I started to feel irritable, it’s the thing I hate making me wait and feeling hungry. Out of boredom waiting I played with the fork on the table. Gahd I hate this, I have to ring my father or else screw the guy.

 

‘Dad... can I just go home? since that Kwon Jiyong guy has no plan of showing up, I’ve been waiting here for one hour and I’m starving to death .’

 

‘Be patient Darling his father already called and he said Jiyong is on his way now. You take care.’ Then the call ended. I stared to my phone blankly.

 

‘Ma’am would you like me to serve your food while waiting?’ The waiter suddenly askedme.

 

I looked at him and my stomach starts to grumble. I blushed a bit ‘Yes please. Thank you.’

 

I can’t wait for him, if I’ll not eat I’m going to faint sooner or later. If he doesn’t want to meet me then I don’t want to meet him too, it will make my life much easier, I don’t need to spend my preious week with him. After I’m done with my food I’m going to leave. Who he thinks he is?

 

Just then the door of the restaurant opened. Revealing the man who’s

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

Oh my goodness my heart wants to jump off my chest, I can hear it violently beating. My body’s feeling cold and why do I feel like I’m out of breath? I can’t explain why I suddenly feel full when just awhile ago I’m cursing this man. And there’s something wrong... really wrong about my stomach, I think it’s full of butterflies flying freely inside of me.

 

My mind went blank. I stared at him. He’s wearing a black biker jacket, ripped pants, a boots and a shades, totally opposite to what I have said to Bom. He’s not old and fat; he’s not bald and definitely not a gay. Just by looking at him I know that this man has a commanding authority, a dominating one which adds to his overwhelming charisma. Maybe this dinner is not a bad idea after all.

 

I didn’t notice that I stared to him too long than expected, that when he removed his shades a mocking and arrogant eyes were staring back at me. I felt my cheeks burnt and I suddenly bowed my head to hide my embarrassment.

 

I heard the sound of the chair in front of me. I lifted my head and there I saw him seating while intently looking at me with boring eyes. I felt conscious; I didn’t like it so I initiated the conversation between us. I smiled widely at him while introducing myself.

 

‘I’m Sandara Park, pleased to meet you.’ I got no reaction from him, he’s just staring.

 

‘Hmmmm... Can I call you Jiyong right? And you can call me Dara let’s just dropped off the formalities.’ still no reaction.

 

‘Maybe you’re hungry... I heard the food here taste really good. My friends love to pig out I’ll recommend this restau when I see them, well that of course depends on t~’ I didn’t get to finish what I about to say when he suddenly spoke up.

 

‘Look here woman, can you just shut your mouth up, you’re being noisy and it annoys the hell out of me. If you want to eat go and eat by... yourself.’ He said angrily.

 

I am shocked with what he said; no one talked to me like that before only this man. Be patient Dara and be thankful you’re such a hottie or else I cut you into pieces.

 

‘Oh I’m sorry, I thought~.’ I was startled when he hit the table with his hand which causes the utensils to misalign.

 

‘Didn’t I say to shut your ing mouth, I don’t want to hear your voice get that?’ Oh that’s too much. How dare this man. I’m trying to be nice but he’s so rude. I reached my limit.

 

‘You know what Mister... I’m just doing my part on this arrangement, If you don’t want to hear my voice better off yet cover your ears... and where do you think we are huh? We’re in a restaurant... a freaking restaurant... not in a library so you don’t have to boss me around to keep my mouth shut. And do you know how long I’ve waited?’

 

‘Tsk. Woman… I never said to wait for me. Do you possibly think I’m here because of you?’ his face void of any emotion, his eyes gazed at me dangerously.

 

‘Then why did you come?’

 

He didn’t answer my question he just smirked when suddenly a woman entered and went straightly to our table.

 

‘Who are you?’ I asked the woman but she just ignored me.

 

‘Hey I’m here, did you wait for me too long? The woman asked and to my utter shock. Jiyong pulled the woman to seat on his lap and kissed her torridly. The woman put her hands on Jiyong’s neck. They’re having the world of their own not minding other people... including me.

 

I looked away but I can still hear their moans and the sound of their kiss. Why does my heart is constricting? I felt hurt like I’m being torn into pieces. For Pete’s sake I just met this guy only few minutes ago, it can’t be possibly.... ‘No. No. No. get hold of yourself Dara’ I mentally scolded myself for acting like that.

 

Just then they stopped from what they were doing. Jiyong was now playing the womans’ hand boringly. The girl was eyeing me who’s still on his lap... I saw something in her eyes... mockery and pity...

 

‘GD... don’t you want me to introduce to... her?’ she said still boring her eyes onto me.

 

 Jiyong quickly glanced at me ‘You don’t have to know her Sohee. She’s just one of my father’s pet.’

 

‘What did you say? I’m a what?’ I can’t control my temper anymore.

 

‘I’m just saying the truth, you woman is my father’s pet. Following his commands, you came here to meet your future husband right? Sad to say he’s not pleased to meet you.’ He said in full mockery.

 

I stood up angrily. ‘How dare you, do you think I wanted this huh? Well go to hell with that cheap woman of yours... you two should take a lesson about manners... making out in front of people huh have some decency please...’ I sneered at that Sohee girl and back to him ‘I lost my appetite...So if you’ll excuse me... Mr and Ms. A**holes.’ I bowed in front of them before I headed out.

 

Finally a fresh air to breathe, ‘serves them right...’ I mentally said to myself. I was walking to the parking lot when my eyes caught a Harley Davidson motorcycle, I curiously stepped towards it. An evil plan was brewing on my mind. I scanned the area around and when I saw no one. I removed my shoes and with too much force I kicked it and eventually it fell down hard on the pavement. I smirked triumphantly, I hurriedly run towards my car with one barefoot foot when I saw them exiting from the restau.

 

‘OHMY! What happened?’ I heard the shocked Sohee girl asked Jiyong.

 

‘WHO THE DID THIS? I SWEAR YOU’LL GONNA PAY FOR IT.’

 

My car screeched and stopped, their attention darted; I automatically rolled down my window and smirked.

 

‘Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Awwww. Poor Harley.’ I looked to the motorcycle then back to Jiyong ‘Are you pissed now? Then... that’s good... ouch my foot hurts… Adieu!!!’

 

‘BI*CH’ I faintly heard what Sohee said and with one last look I drove my car faster than ever.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------

 

 

Dara arrived on her apartment where Bom was waiting. She saw Bom lying on the sofa while reading a book. She doesn’t want to disturb her but the sound of her shoes captured Bom’s attention.

 

‘Hey! How’s your date?’

 

‘Let’s talk about it tomorrow Bommie, I’m tired’ her cousin looked to her curiously.

‘Al—right, goodnight Dara.’

 

‘Goodnight.’

 

Bom’s eyes followed Dara until she disappeared from her sight. She shrugged and continue on what she was doing awhile ago.

 

Dara was lying on her bed staring on to her ceiling with her arms spreading widely on both of her sides, not even bothering to change clothes.  She wants to rest and clear her mind from what happened awhile ago. She felt insulted and… rejected for the first time in her life. She was overly pissed… to that woman, to that Kwon Jiyong and more to herself.

 

She can’t erase Jiyong to her mind? Just by thinking of him there’s this foreign feeling crawling into her whole body that she can’t name of.

 

‘Dara what’s happening to you? You’re going crazy.’ She muttered to herself. She felt her heart, moments of Jiyong and Sohee kissing in front of her flashed… She can’t understand why she felt hurt and… jealous.

 

She grabbed one of her pillows and covered it to her head. ‘STOP IT.. STOP IT.. DARA’ her words were muffled. She closed her eyes and after a few minutes she was succumbed off to her dreamland.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOO~

 

Part II and maybe part III on the next 2 chapters..:))

Thank you again for subscribing, voting, viewing and commenting, keep them coming. <3 and Hi!!!! to all my new added friends :))

 

 

xoxo

 

silly-ahjumma