III

Branded You Mine

GD stirred from his sleep by the constant ringing of his phone. He creased his forehead blocked his head with a pillow and tried to ignore it, if there’s one thing he hated the most it was disturbing his sleep. But with the persistent ringing he couldn’t make himself sleep again, so with half lidded eyes he grabbed  his phone on his side table and pressed the accept button.

 

‘Son is it true that Dara is here in Korea?’

 

‘Ma’ you woke me up because of that? I guess you saw the news already so why bother asking me’ GD answered her mother irritably.

 

‘Of course because she is your wife for Pete’s sake, my daughter in law, you in the first place should tell us and now that the whole country knows it I want you to take her here, I’m not asking you I’m ordering you Jiyong. This will be the first and last time I’m telling you this we will not let Dara go again whether you like it or not son.’ With that the call ended.

 

GD stared to the ceiling and brushed his palms onto his face he remebered what he did last night.

 

'What were you thinking?' He muttered to himself before he stood up and went directly to the bathroom not caring if he’s not wearing anything.

 

 

----------------------

 

Bom and Dara were chatting happily at the veranda over looking to the garden of Park’s ancestral house.

 

‘So how’s France?’

 

‘The last time I checked Eiffel Tower still standing’ Dara said cheekily

 

‘Silly!’ Bom smiled. ‘I don’t care about that tower what I am asking is how’s your life there with… you know… Donghae?’ Bom said teasingly while wiggling her brows.

 

‘Life with Donghae? Can you hear what you are saying my dear cousin. We’re just friends.’

 

‘Ohh that’s what idols and actors here are always saying that they’re just friends, but the truth is they’re humping each other when no one is around and you know you can’t call Paris, France The City of Love for nothing.’ Bom simply said leaning forward to Dara.

 

Dara’s eyes widened ‘Oh goodness! You’re a green minded ahjumma, so you’re implying that …me…and Donghae…??’  She hit Bom’s arms.

 

Just then their maid served their breakfast interrupting their bantering. Bom tried to suppress her laughter, and when the maid was nowhere in sight she burst out.

 

Bom laughed so hard ‘So you’re being defensive huh! Tell me about it cousin, you know me I can keep secrets.’ She then winked.

 

‘You’re being ridiculous Bom. There’s nothing to tell, you do know that I’m not like that.’

 

‘Jeez I’m just playing around why so serious?’ Bom giggled and ticked Dara’s forehead.

 

‘Yah! I hate you!’

 

‘And I love you Dara.’ Fits of laughter was heard all over the place because of their childish antics.

 

They were quietly eating when Bom noticed the newspapers that their maid brought awhile ago. Her eyes widened.

 

‘You’re all over the news’ she pointed at the newspapers she scattered.

 

Dara looked at it. Different pictures of her were posted. One, when she went to Kwon Corporation and the other was when she and GD were ‘dancing’.

 

 

WHO IS SANDARA PARK KWON?

 

KWON JIYONG MARRIED TO FORMER PRESIDENT PARK’S DAUGHTER!

 

KWON JIYONG BACHELOR NO MORE

 

 

 ‘Obviously.’  Dara uninterestingly said and sipped her coffee.

 

‘Are you ok with that?’

 

‘There are things that cannot be helped Bom, even secrets are meant to be revealed. I just want to settle this soon and go back to France where my life is. But how can I do that if that devil doesn’t want to.’

 

‘That bastard, after all the worse things he did to you. How can he?... Doesn’t he even know that you sacrificed yourself to--’ Bom suddenly stopped herself and looked to Dara.

 

‘I’m sorry Dara I know you want to forget the past, it’s just that… that man how can he be so cruel, you deserve to be happy’ She sighed.

 

‘You don’t have to say sorry Bom.’ She quietly said and continued to eat.

 

 

-------------------------

 

 

‘Sir is there anything you want to add or change in the plan?’ asked by the presenter but Jiyong seemed didn’t hear it.

 

Everyone was eyeing GD in the meeting. It was not normal and very rare to see him spacing out, he seemed thinking of something. Yuri who’s taking the minutes of meeting cleared , loudly enough to cut GD into his reverie. He then composed himself, looked at the report slides and back to the presenter.

 

‘It’s quite good but I want you to review all the details before launching it to the market coordinate with the production team and let’s see it on our next meeting.’ He professionally said.

 

‘Yes Sir’ the presenter bowed and so as the other.

 

GD went out of the conference room as soon as the meeting was over. He walked into his office and stared into the glass wall overlooking the city of Seoul. What was happening to him, he can’t understand himself anymore ever since Dara stepped into his office there’s something in him stirred up that he himself cannot explain. Was that hatred or something more?

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

‘I want you to break-up with Sohee, We’re arranging the marriage between you and President Park’s daughter.’ He’s father said with authority.

 

Jiyong clenched his jaw ‘I thought you will not mind my business regarding on that matter, I love Sohee you know that and I’m willing to give up everything just for her.’

 

‘What do you know about love? You change women like how you change your clothes son… and you’re saying you love that good for nothing woman, for goodness sake! You just met her like five or six months ago and you’re willing to give up everything for her… I can’t believe you fall for that kind of woman easily you barely know her.’

 

‘Don’t you ever call Sohee that! The woman you are telling me is the one who I barely know. And you’re seriously asking me what do I know about love? Damn it! father you don’t have any right to say who I will love or not, only can myself tell that.’

 

His father didn’t answer him back. But after awhile he talked again with finality in his voice that you have no choice left but to surrender.

 

‘You’re getting married next month and that’s final, President Park is setting a dinner for you to meet her daughter. Be nice to her. She is very much different and way better than that woman of yours.’

 

‘I don’t give a damn about that woman stop comparing Sohee to her.’

 

Mrs. Kwon was just hearing the heated conversation between the two men. She was torn between his husband and son. But she knew it was the right thing to do.

 

‘What if I don’t agree with you? What will you do? You’ll disinherit me? You think I’m scared of losing all these ?’ Jiyong looked around and furiously dared his father.

 

‘Yes! You’ll loose everything and I’ll a sure you with just a snap of my finger that woman will suffer… not only her but her family as well. And do you possibly think you can help and protect her without all these you are talking about? Think about it Jiyong I know you’re a smart man.

 

‘I can’t believe you will resort to this kind.’ He answered, hatred was written all over his eyes. He then stood up.

 

‘I have no choice you pushed me to my limit. You’ll soon be thanking me for this’

 

‘Yeah I’ll be thanking you for ruining my life.’ His father didn’t speak up and before he left the room.

 

‘So what’s the name of the unlucky woman?’

.

.

.

.

.

 

‘Dara… Sandara Park’

 

 

-------

 

 

 

GD was brought back to his senses when his phone rang. It was TOP.

 

‘Hey Mister Bachelor No More are you free tonight?’

 

‘Damn hyung did you call me to piss me off?’

 

‘Tsk. Spoilsport.’ TOP was laughing. ’We are hanging out tonight same place, same time we’re expecting you to be there.’ Then the call ended.

 

‘F**k’