IV

Branded You Mine

‘Where’s Bom and Dara?’

 

‘In the garden Miss.’ She directly went to the garden. She saw Dara busying herself into her laptop while Bom doing some late night yoga pose.

 

‘It’s time to get dress you two boring ahjummas.’

 

‘CL?’ Dara said and run straight to embrace the girl. Bom who’s still concentrating on her pose peeked into her one eye and closed it again after seeing their friend.

 

‘What are you doing here?’

 

‘Am I not allowed to come here? Get up Bom where going somewhere and stop pretending your exercising because you’re not.’ CL teasingly said.

 

‘Yah you wicked lady, what did you just say?’ CL just ignored Bom and hugged Dara back.

 

‘How are you Dara? Goodness I missed you so much. Auntie and Uncle are excited to see you after hearing you’re back and they want you to visit them soon.’  Dara didn’t know what to say CL was referring to her Auntie and Uncle meaning GD’s parents. Bom seeing Dara beat her cousin to it.

 

‘hey you little brat why you are disturbing our peaceful evening? Seeing how you dressed seemed like you just dropped by to say hi and you’re going somewhere.’

 

CL is wearing signature denim overall dress which fall on half of her thighs which she paired with high heeled leather knee boots.

 

‘No WE ARE going somewhere. No excuses and buts.’

 

‘I don’t think I can go, you know I have work to finish my secretary might call me later this evening. You and Bom should go, I’m fine here really.’ Dara went back to her seat and type away into her laptop.

 

‘I said no excuses Dara. And that work of yours can wait for tomorrow that’s the reason why you hired people to work for you and not to get yourself stress and miss the fun of life.’ CL said ‘And you?’ pointing to Bom.

 

‘I’m not going if Dara doesn’t go.’

 

‘Oh come on, just for this night please. We haven’t seen for awhile Dara and here you are choosing you work over me.’ CL said pleadingly.

 

Dara looked to Bom and to CL then sighed. ‘Alright! Alright!’

 

 

--------------------

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

‘Dara have fun, just for this night. You haven’t seen your friends for awhile. It will not hurt you if you’ll join them’ I said to myself while staring intently into the mirror. What I see now is not the same Sandara Park three years ago. I see a different person. Like I said before, people change.

 

I’m Ms. Sunshine as what other’s called me. I was warm, bubbly and laid back person then... I enjoyed my privacy so much, that’s why even when my father was elected as the President of Korea no one, except to our family and close friends, ever saw me though people knew that he has a daughter. I begged my parents to keep my identity a secret; I loved the freedom away from the spotlight and eyes of scrutinizing people. I lived separately with my parents and studied at the all girl’s international school.  They bought me an apartment and provided me with all the things I needed and wanted. I lived independently and I could go to places without bodyguards and enjoyed the company of my friends without worrying. But all of that change when I agreed to marry Kwon Jiyong.

 

I unconsciously removed one side of my bathrobe exposing my bareness. And there I saw just above my left and straight into my heart the tattoo that changed my life, the brand of the first man I loved. Memories come crashing back to me.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

‘Dad? Mom? What are you doing here? ‘ I kissed their cheek and smiled. I missed them so much it’s been a month since their last visit though they always call me; it’s different when they are here.

 

‘Nothing we just missed you.’ My mother said and hugged me. I noticed my father though he’s smiling his eyes were telling different. I could sense that there is something going on that they’re about to tell and it’s not good.

 

I stopped myself from thinking, I just want to enjoy this time with them. We were having a dinner and of course I’m the one who’s doing all the talking while my parents were just listening. I’m blabbering about my friends and the things I did in school, I’m too happy to notice that they were nervous and seemed unfocused and just waiting for me to finish what I’ve been talking.

 

‘Dad? Is there something wrong? I noticed that you and mom are a bit... well I’m telling stories but you didn’t say anything nor react.’

 

‘Nothing. I’m just thinking about stuffs you know politics and the like.’

 

‘Are you sure? Why I sensed that there is really something just by looking at mom.’ I saw my mother bowed her head while fidgeting. ‘Dad you know me, you can tell everything I’m a big girl now remember?’ I smiled to my father while holding his hand.

 

‘Alright. But dear I want you to know that I love you so much.’ He sighed.

 

Ok I’m being nervous. What was my father talking about? I just nodded and hear my father out.

 

‘Dear remember when I was just starting in politics. Though we’re financially stable I need to have powerful connections to promote and help me win on the position I was seeking to. I met the old friend of mine and he helped me in my political career up until I became the President.’

 

‘Where is this talk heading to Dad? I’m confused. What I got to do with it? Do you want me to join politics too?’ I asked confusedly.

 

‘No of course not I would never ever let you.’

 

‘But...’

 

‘Just hear me out.’ My dad stared to me with concern on his eyes. ‘I’m saying that out of gratitude I made a promise to my friend that I would help him in every possible way if ever he needs my help. He’s now claiming that promise and I can’t take it back. ’

 

‘What is it Dad? Is it money?’ I’m sweating nervously.

 

‘No. He wants his son to marry you.’ Dad said and bowed down. I’m speechless and shocked. I don’t know what to say and react.

 

‘You see his son is in love with this woman but they are against it and the only way to break them apart is to find a woman for their son to marry, then they knew that I have a daughter, they hired someone to stalk you and when they saw your photos.... I don’t know they suddenly called me to talk about you and their son.’

 

‘I can easily say no to them dear but thinking about what they can possibly do when circumstance arises, even though his my friend and a good people, I’m afraid that even with my power I can’t protect... you and your mother.’

 

I could feel the uneasiness and the heart ache of my parents. I love them so much, they’ve done so much for me, I’m willing to do everything just for them but how could I possibly be marrying someone who’s in love with somebody else. Never in my dreams had I imagined that my love story would turn to this, an arrange marriage where there’s no love at all and worst I’ll be ruining someone else’s relationship. I don’t want to be a wrecker.

 

‘What do you want me to do?’ I asked both of them quietly. If I say yes then I’ll be saying goodbye to all of these my freedom and my... happiness but If I say no I’m afraid that my parents will suffer. It’s either I sacrifice myself or our family. My tears are welling up on my eyes.

 

‘Don’t cry dear, it breaks my heart seeing you cry.’ mom said while crying too.

 

‘Dara just give them a chance I’m arranging a dinner for both of you, get to know each other, then after a week or so you can decide whether you’ll marry him or not.’

 

‘But... Dad... you... said you can.... say no to... them?’

 

 ‘I did but If you’re the one who will say no and that you don’t want to marry their son after couple of meetings then maybe, just maybe they’ll cancel it...  and if they don’t I’ll find a way, just don’t cry darling. It makes me feel like I’m a horrible father.’

 

‘Don’t say that Dad you’re not horrible, I love you so so much, you and mom.... and I’m sorry for being such a cry baby... I was just... being emotional.’ I wiped my tears and put a face on. ‘I’ll give this a chance... and hopefully this will change my mind of backing out.’

 

‘I love you too so much darling and thank you, just bear a week or so with Kwon Jiyong.’ Dad hugged me tightly.

 

So.... That’s his name....

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Kwon Jiyong

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

*knock *knock *knock* My train of memories where then interrupted when I heard the loud voice of Bom.

 

 ‘Dara..... Dara.... are you done?’

 

‘Give me a couple of minutes more and I’m out’

 

‘Ok just hurry up CL is breathing with fire now; we’re still going to pick-up Minzy.’

 

I heard her footsteps faltering away from my room; I hurriedly went to my closet and hastily picked a dress.

 

‘This going to be a..... long night.’

 

 


 

 

Ooopps sorry for another crappy chapter.T.T

 

Thank you to those who subscribed, voted,commented and viewed my story. Don't forget to drop comments below please. :*

 

xoxo

silly-ahjumma