XII

Branded You Mine

"WHAT!? DAMN NO I WILL NEVER READ THAT!!?"

 

"Okay it’s your choice." TOP shrugged as he closed the book he gave to his friend.  He's happy seeing the reaction GD is giving to him. It satisfies his bully side. "But you said Dara won't talk to you and you want her to like you again."

 

"Damn hyung I never said that I want her to like me again! You're the one asking about her I said she's being difficult that's it!"

 

"Yes you never said it! But your action tells otherwise, you know action speaks louder than words." He teasingly wiggled his eyebrows. "Why the hell you bring Dara to your house? You never done that to any of your women?" He continues.

 

"May I remind you she's my wife different from the women you were saying, I'm just trying to get her away from that guy." A knowing smile crept into TOP seeing GD creased his forehead seems pissed.

 

"Oh so now you're being a protective husband? Or should I say you are jealous."

 

"What?? Are you hearing yourself? Jealousy is not my thing and will never be." His creased on the forehead deepens as he drink his coffee.

 

"Huh if you say so."  He replied sarcastically. "Speaking of women? The talk of the town is you're not seeing any women since Dara came. How did it happen again? Kindly enlightened me please."

 

"I didn't know you love gossips."

 

He's asking himself too. What the hell is happening to him? He didn't care about his reputation as a womanizer before but ever since Dara came back he just got bored of dating and flirting with women. He even told his employees not to entertain the women linked to him in their office.

 

"Yes you do know how I love hearing news and rumors about you."

 

"Shut up." GD said half annoyed. He wants to wipe those stupid annoying smile that TOP is giving to him.

 

"And you do know that I will never shut up when it comes to Dara. So... try reading this book it may help you." TOP opened the book again entitled 'Easy Ways on How to Win a Woman' he's smiling from ear to ear. Annoying GD is one of his goals every time they meet it gives him pleasure and entertainment.

 

"Do you think I'll read that? You know me, women come to me and not the other way around."

 

GD never done that in his life wooing a woman even when he was with Sohee. Sohee was the first one to come to him, he was attracted to her by the first time he saw her. Maybe a couple of times he gave Sohee flowers and chocolate just for the sake of giving her but that's just it, wooing is in the bottom of his list.

 

"Tsk..Tsk.. that ego of yours will eat you someday. You just have said Dara is different from those women, what makes you think she will come to you? I'm telling you your charms will not work on her. Remember she may not forget the things that you've done to her in the past don't be so complacent GD, heck! You didn't even bother apologizing to her." TOP eyed him seriously.

 

"Seeing you agitated when it comes to her... I could tell there must be something and you just don't realized it. Hurry up! You will never know what hits you until it’s gone"

 

GD didn't answer him. "Oh well I'll leave it here in case you need it. Got to go lover boy." TOP teasingly smirked at him before leaving.

 

“What the hell is the problem with that man” GD talking to himself. He get the book and take a look on what’s written inside. He almost throw the book when he starts reading random page.

 

How to impress a woman:

1. Do an aegyo in front of her. Ladies love it.

2. Try to learn dancing.

3. Throw her jokes and pick up lines

4. Shower her with compliments

5. Pretend you don’t like her

6. Act cool in front of her…

 

Damn. Just by thinking about it, He? Doing aegyo while dancing makes him want to get a gun and shot it to his head. He rather be mute than throwing jokes and pick up lines. “TOP must be gone insane.”

 

 

__________________________________________

 

 

DARA's POV

 

What will I do here? That's the constant question I'm asking myself. It's been what 4 days since that devil brought me to his Azkaban. I didn't get why he would do this we're not a normal 'couple' after all.

 

I look around the cozy room, if weren't for the situation I will enjoy staying in this room. It gives a sophisticated but feel at home vibe, like it is designed for special person. But since devil Kwon is the owner I would not give him the satisfaction he wanted.  I have to sort things out. I never went out of the room. His maid serves the food in my bed. And whenever devil Kwon is around I always pretend like he never exist or I'm asleep and busy doing nonsense things. I will never ever talk to him. I hate him to moon and back and back to moon again. I sighed deeply.

 

Sighing is my favorite hobby since I came here. Like come on that's the only thing I can do for now.

 

I miss my parents, my friends, my work, the eiffel tower, the foods, the air of France. I regret I didn't follow my parents’ advice to stay there and just be a good daughter to them. If weren't for my hard headed head I will not be here suffering under the darkness of devil Kwon. I should stay there and wait till he worn out of our marriage and be the one to initiate the divorce.

 

"Stupide Sandara Park! Stupide" I pulled my hair so hard and sighed again deeply. See I really love sighing. I think it becomes my talent now.

I heard a knock on my door "Ma'am your dinner."

 

"Come on in Nana." I propped my elbows on the bed and sit in an Indian position.

 

"Ma'am here's your dinner. Hope you'll like it. I prepared some French food like mousse cake & Flaugnarde since Master Jiyong said you like French delicacies and desserts. "Nana said with a smile

 

"Thank you Nana." I smiled back at her looking on the served food on my table. Oh the devil knows my food. It surprised me really, knowing him he is not the type of person to give time for ‘the know how's of people’ especially me. I only know one person who he would give that effort and that's definitely not me.

 

"Ma'am?" Nana called me and I looked at her questioningly. She seems nervous.

 

"Yes Nana?"

 

"I know Master Jiyong will be mad if I let you know that there is a man looking for you. He's coming here for 2 days now. And he is here again at the gate. He said he wants to talk to you Ma'am."

 

My eyes almost popped out. OHMYGOODNESS Donghae! I hurriedly get up on bed. And held Nana's hands tightly. I finally see the light behind this despicable darkness. "Merci Nana Merci! Thank you so much. Don't worry Jiyong will not know about this."

 

I quickly ran out of my room to Devil's room. My steps could be heard against the wooden flooring of his villa. "Donghae... Donghae..." I've been chanting his name repeatedly like some kind of enchantment. I need to see him and speak with him before the devil comes back.

 

Why is his house this big? I'm running out of my breath at last I could see the gate. I hastily opened it. Only the light from the street lamp could be seen against the darkness of the street. Where is he? Did he already left? Why did he not wait for me? These questions filled my mind. My eyes began to swell from the tears. I'm breathing heavily because of too much running and sadness that I feel.

 

I'm about to go back inside when I noticed a shadow sitting from the bushes. His head is leaned back on the wall of the villa with his arms on both of his knees. I went near him his eyes are closed. "Donghae..." I whispered. A smile tugged on my lips. He opened his eyes when he sensed that someone is staring at him." My knight you're here..." I said a little bit louder. He got up and abruptly hugged me tight.

 

"Princess... Princess..." He said longing could be heard in his voice. I hugged him tight too. "What happened to you? Damn I missed you! Did that bastard hurt you?" He break his hug and inspect me, after he noticed that I'm doing fine he hugged me again. I smile on his sudden act. The feeling of comfort beside him suits my mind and body.

 

"I missed you too my Knight." I heard him chuckle with what I said. I break from his hug and looked at him curiously. "Why are you chuckling?" I ark my eyebrow at him while smiling.

 

"Nothing, I just missed you calling me your Knight." He gazed at me but his mood changed suddenly. "I came here to take you away from him. I'm leaving for France tomorrow Dara. I already bought you ticket. Let's go he doesn't deserve you back." His jaw clenched and worry could be mirrored on his face.

 

'Take me away Donghae please' my mind is screaming. I'm tempted to go with him. Really tempted but how could I drag him into the mess I'm on about. My conscience couldn't take it. His the only friend who knows the struggles I faced when I first came to France. He saw the downside and worst part of me. He accompanied me here in Korea even if I refused to. Donghae is too good to be involved in my situation. He doesn't deserve to be.

 

Tears fall from my eyes. "Sorry... but I can't." I bowed down.

 

"What do you mean you can't? Dara our one month vacation here in Korea is already up. Come with me! You can't stay here with that bastard after what he had done to you I will not allow you to stay!" He paused for a moment and held my hands tightly. You could see the eagerness and sincerity in his eyes. "Listen to me, your business needs you, Uncle and Auntie needs you and I need you Dara... I will not let him hurt you again! Please Princess come with me." He grabbed my hand and we started to walk away from the villa. I didn't stop him after realizing he has a point when suddenly a bright light blinded us. A black Lamborghini stop right in front of us.

 

My eyes widened when GD got down on his car wearing unreadable face. His hands are on his pockets while gazing us with fury. Donghae hid me from his back.  I could feel the Armageddon about to happen. I need to stop them before the tension between them erupts. My head is aching with my chest pounding so loud. I pry Donghae's hand from my hand, he glanced at me with a creased on his forehead. I step between the two of them.

 

I am about to speak up when GD swiftly grabbed my hand and started to drag me to his car. Donghae abruptly stops us by grabbing my other hand. They're like playing tug of war and I'm the rope. I think my body will break into two anytime soon.

 

"Let her go." Donghae stared dimly at GD.

 

"No. You let her go!" GD pulled my hand to him hard while gritting his teeth. He's like a beast ready to attack. I stumble on his chest upon doing that.

 

"We'll deal later." GD mumbled on me. I looked up to him but he's staring back at Donghae.

 

"Dara doesn't deserve to be treated the way you treat her Mr. Kwon. After all what you had done to her do you think your damn marriage still matter?" I saw how GD clenched his fist tightly, he didn't retort back. I need to stop this before anything happens. I know Donghae will not back down especially when I am the involved.

 

"What? Are you run out of your tongue Mr. Kwon? I came here to get Dara away from you to hell with that marriage she could file a case for being abused and that's one ground for your divorce. You don't deserve Dara Mr. Kwon, YOU DON'T DESERVE HER AT ALL AND WILL NEVER BE!!" With giant leaped GD punched Donghae on his face which caused him to stumble on the street. Do something Dara my mind screams. He stood up and punched GD back. They about to start the royal rumble when I hurriedly stand between them.

 

"STOP!!!" I yelled at them. I looked at GD then to Donghae. I walked to him I didn't care if GD throws dagger stares at my back.

 

"Are you alright?" I worriedly asked Donghae. I wiped the blood from the side of his mouth. He just bobbed his head and smiled a little to me. "Hey listen I can't go with you... for now."

 

"But...Dara I can't leave you here." He cut me off.

 

"I need to fix this by myself before returning back. I have to face this I'm tired of running away from this problem and It's unfair and too much to drag you with this mess Donghae." I smile at him reassuringly. "I'm fine really... I'll see you soon once this is over hmmm." I hugged him and he hugged me back.

 

"Are you sure you'll be fine here?" He said while still hugging me. I let him go and turned my head to GD who's steadily watching us with stoic face. His face screams murder.

 

"Yeah..." I reassured him. "Take care of the biz for a while and tell mom and dad that I'll be coming home soon. Okay?"

 

He sighed dejectedly "I'll be waiting for you then Princess." He smiled at me then he looked to GD from my back. He ruffled my hair and kissed me on my forehead before walking away. I could see his back slowly fading away against the darkness of the empty street.

 

"Are you coming or what!?" An irritated and mad voice of GD entered my ears. I sighed deeply and turned my back to walk to him. I saw how he wiped the blood from his mouth hastily before heading to his car.

 

____________________________________________

 

GD's POV

 

Damn. I want to throw all the things blocking my way. I feel so mad and agitated by the scene I saw. I want to hunt that Donghae down. This is the very first time in my life that I want to kill someone. Did he just mocked me by kissing her?

 

I went to the kitchen to get an ice pack for the bruise that bastard Donghae left me. Damn. I swear if Dara didn't come between us I'll beat him to pulp. I sat down on a chair in the mini bar. There I tended my swelling bruise. Speaking of Dara. That lady didn't even speak up or explain, she's giving me a cold shoulder. Well, as if she's talking to me. Ever since I brought her here she didn't bother to notice or speak with me. And it irritates me more.

 

I always asked myself what plans I have when I bring Dara here. Nothing came to my mind every time I think about it. I just want her to be here. I just want to see her. And I think I just gone mad. My sane mind doesn't want to work.

 

"NANA! NANA!" I know she's the one who told Dara that someone was looking for her, but instead of Nana Dara appeared right before me.

 

"If you're going to scold her for telling me about Donghae forget it." Her eyebrow raising up while sneering at me. 

 

"When will you stop this maddening set up!? Aren't you tired with this whole mess GD because I am." Her eyes directly boring into mine. I could see the sadness and weariness on it. Is she really that sad that he left her? Is it that bad that I want her to stay? She's about to leave when...

 

"I'm sorry" I suddenly stopped damping my bruise. What the hell! Did I say that? Dara stopped on her tracks, her eyes widened, she looked at me with flabbergasted face. Who the hell said that!?

 

"What did you say?" She unbelievingly asked me.

 

"What do you mean? I didn't say anything." Damn TOP screw you. You're messing my head with your stupid words.

 

"Never mind, I forgot saying sorry is not on your vocabulary." With that she walked out.

 

I hastily put down the cold bag compress and run towards her. I grabbed her arm and spun her to face me. She looked surprise by my sudden act. Well I'm shocked too I didn't know why the hell did I ran to her.

 

"What!?" She looked at my hand grabbing her arm and wiggled free from my grasp. Talk now you bastard moron.

 

I washed my face with my hands and I stared directly into her eyes. "Look... I'm sorry." I didn't get any response from her. She's just staring back at me with contempt in her eyes. I can't decipher what’s running to her mind. Heck! I didn’t know what I’m sorry for.

 

"I hate you." She turned her back at me and ascended to the stairs.

 

Damn what the hell did I do now?

 

__________________________________________

 

Dara slammed her door almost ruining the hinges.

 

"I hate you GD! I hate you!" She huffed furiously. "How could he say that? It's been three hell years." She's been waiting too long for him to at least apologize to her for doing the things he did to her in the past but nothing came. Until now the past haunts her.

 

She unconsciously touched her tattoo.

 

__________________________________________

 

 

 

Dara covered her head with her pillow when Nana pull the curtains. The sunlight blinded her by its brightness. She's been awake till dawn thinking about the things happening to her. It boggles her mind the sudden action of GD towards her. His actions frightened her feelings.

 

"Good morning Ma'am, your breakfast is ready!" Nana cheerfully greeted her.

 

Dara peeked into her cushion. Nana is acting weird. She's all smile and whistling while pouring the juice into her glass.

 

"Hey Nana are you alright?" She said with half-lidded eyes.

 

She just looked at her while giggling. ‘Crazy’ she thought. Dara sat up and yawned Nana followed her every move.

 

"Are you sure you're okay!?"

 

"Very much Ma'am" She's about to get up when she noticed something. Her eyes almost popped out into her sockets. Dozens of flowers arranged beautifully on the foot of her bed.

 

Dara creased her forehead. "What are these?" Her mind completely awakened.

Nana just giggled. "Those are flowers Ma'am"

 

"I know its flowers Nana, who did this?" Instead of answering Nana went to her and gave her three long stemmed white tulip flowers. Dara took it. She noticed a small note attached to it.

 

Hope you like it

 

Jiyong 

 

Before she could react Nana placed a box on her bed. She looked at her questioningly. Nana just shrugged her shoulders. Dara opened the box and there she saw her cellphone, laptop and her other personal things that GD kept away from her.

 

She doesn't know what to react. She's not expecting it. Her mind is in chaotic jargons.  Why are you doing this GD? She thought to herself.

 

‘You’re making me confused.”

 

 

-----

 

Dara spent her morning putting those flowers in a vase. Every sides of the villa is filled with flowers. It’s like a flower boutique.

 

Afternoon came when GD's parents paid a visit to Dara.

 

"How are you dear? It's been a year ago since the last time we saw you." GD's mom Minsuk asked her dearly.

 

"I'm doing fine Auntie." Dara half smiled. GD's parents visited Dara a couple of times when she was still in France without GD knowing it. They constantly persuading her to come back to Seoul and live with their son. They didn't have any clue on what transpired between her and GD. All they know is that Dara wants to study in France and they didn't get along well that's why she leave.

 

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Mom." Minsuk smiles happily seeing her daughter in law living with her son. Dara just smiled at her. "How are you and Jiyong doing? That man I told him to bring you to us but he never listened."

 

"I'm glad you decided to comeback Dara. I talked to your parents last night, they are worried about you but I assured them that Jiyong will take good care of you this time they might visit you soon." Mister Kwon eyed her tenderly not noticing the uneasiness that Dara is feeling.

 

"But..."

 

"Dara we want you here dear." Minsuk held Dara's hand warmly. "I want grandchildren before my body gives in. Did Jiyong tell you that this old lady has weakened heart?" She’s taken a back.

 

"Minsuk you don't have to tell Dara that."

 

"What it's true my body is not doing good I want to see little Jiyong and Dara running around here before I die." Minsuk replied to her husband. "But really dear we will not let you go this time. I want to see you and Jiyong happy and make a family."

 

All Dara could do was to smile at them. She could easily say no to them and tell them that she's divorcing their son but seeing the tenderness and sincerity of the old Kwons stop her from doing so. She cannot hold grudges against them even if they were the one who set this whole situation up. Maybe because she's too kind and her conscience can't take it if anything bad happens to GD's mom. For now she will let it be... just for now.

 

___________________________________________

 

 

GD went home early than his usual time. He always come home late. He usually stays in his office doing overtime work or going out with his friends to bar and club. Nana was surprised and taken a back seeing him.

 

“What? Have you seen a ghost?”

 

“No Sir. It’s just that… you never have your dinner here Sir.”

 

“Be used to it Nana, you’ll see me every dinner.” He handed his bag to her before ascending to stairs.

 

Nana gaping at his retreating back. Is she dreaming? GD stopped walking and looked back at her.

 

“Prepare dinner for two.”

 

 

----------

 

 

 

 

Dara is busy typing away on her laptop. She’s updating herself on the status of her business. Being away for a month has been a downtime for her business luckily her parents supervised and managed it well while she’s gone.

 

Bom is alternatingly texting and calling her. She’s totally worried and ready to raise a coup de ’tat because she didn’t manage to contact her for almost a week luckily she was able to pacify her saying that her parents and Donghae knows about it and she could visit her anytime. She’s constantly reminding her that she will hunt GD down if he tries to do something terrible to her again.

 

Her multitasking was interrupted by the knocks on her door. She didn’t bother to open it knowing that it’s Nana. The door open like Nana used to do.

 

“Just put the food on the fridge Nana I’ll just get it once I’m done with this.” She didn’t bother to throw a glance. Minutes has passed Dara just continue on what she is doing not minding the presence of someone in her room.

 

“Aren’t you done? Come on the food is waiting.” She was surprised as hell when she heard him speak. She looked sideways and there she saw GD leaning his back on the door side with his arms folded into his chest watching her, his bruise on his mouth added to his oozing appearance.

 

She looked away and continue typing. “I’m not hungry just go and eat by yourself.”

 

“You know it’s unhealthy to work without eating. You should have gain more weight Dara it suits you more” He didn’t bother moving on his spot and steadily watches her.

 

“Thank you for the concern but I’m not in the mood eating.” But her stomach betrays her. It grumbles loudly than it’s usual. ‘Damn you stomach’ She scold it inwardly.

 

GD laugh silently but it didn’t escape Dara’s eyes, she sneered at him. “What are you laughing at?”

 

“Nothing. Are you sure you’re not hungry? Nana prepared Japanese foods.”

 

Sushi. Sukiyaki. Sashimi. Yakiniku. Just by imagining it her stomach grumbles more. She gulped but her pride is being stubborn. She didn’t answer him.

 

“I know you’re hungry Dara just I am, come on let’s eat together.”

 

“I said I’m not in the mood for eating.”

 

GD went near her irritated. Dara just stared at him.

 

“I’m hungry and I want someone to join me. You left me no choice.” GD scooped her up making Dara squeals.

 

“Yahh!! Put me down!!!” GD walked towards the door pretending not to hear her.

 

“Okay fine I’m eating just put me down! I can walk!”

 

GD put her down and eyed her. Dara fixed her clothes. Her shorts hiked up and so her shirt. “You’re being queasy Dara you should have just said yes a while ago or you just did that so I could take you up?”

 

“In your dreams Kwon. I hate you.” Dara said before storming down the stairs.

 

An unknowing smile crept up at GD’s face.

 

 

Note: 

White Tulips are usually associated with new beginning and springs. Indeed, they are vey happy flowers. They are of different variety but white are practically the best to use when apologizing because they are said to represent peace and forgiveness. Apart from the meaning, white tulips are classy and elegant flowers and they are adored universally by many people.

----------------------------------------------

 

 

HAPPY LOVE MONTH EVERYONE <3<3<3

What do you prefer to receive this love month from your special someone? and why?

> Flowers

> Chocolates

> Letter

 

Thank you again for reading my story <3 drop your comments below! mwaaahhhh!

 

xoxo,

silly-ahjumma