IX

Branded You Mine

Lying on her bed with her feet dangling on its side Dara didn't move she was just staring on her bedroom's ceiling and scolding herself. "Why are these tears won't stop to fall?" She wiped her cheeks hastily "You shouldn't be crying again in front of him Dara. He's not worth of your tears anymore."

 

"That beast who did he think he is? Telling me what to do and not to do!" She grabbed her pillow and throw it nowhere. She hates him but she hates herself even more. How come her emotions betrayed her?

 

*Knock knock* "Miss Dara Mister Kwon wants to check on you. He wants to know if you are good to go?" Their maid asked from the door.

 

"Tell him to go to hell! I'm not coming with him!" She yelled fumingly.

 

Silence consumed her. She's been staying for almost two weeks in Korea she should be back in France by the end of the month, but how will she do that if her estranged husband is being possessed again by the devil and won't sign the papers.

 

Her parents didn't want her to go back to Korea since they were all migrated in France, when her father's term as a President ended. They are worried about what will happen if she will see Jiyong again. They want her to let their lawyers handle that matter and let Jiyong be, until he himself get tired and asked for the divorce, but she's not at ease with that. She wants to cut Jiyong with her life as soon as possible three years was too long enough. She doesn't want to be associated nor connected with him anymore. That's why she decided to handle the things on her own.

 

"Now what Dara? Think something! Do something! Don't let him rule you, Make him regret that you stayed with him." She ruffled her hair and sighed deeply.

 

The quietness in her room grew on her.  If only everything in her life is simple and quiet just like that. She's too tired of the events that happened on that day. Her mind, body and emotions were all on a hazy point. She closed her eyes feeling the peacefulness inside the room. She then fall asleep.

 

______________________________

 

 

"I will never ever want to see his face again. I swear Bom! if I see him again forgive me but he will not be seeing the light of day anymore."

 

"Maybe he's not that bad Dara. You know maybe you crushed his ego that's why he did that."

 

"Not bad? Are you hearing yourself Bom? I was sick for freaking one week because of that jerk. And not only that I didn't get to finish the papers I'm about to pass last week because again of that stupid good for nothing man!" Dara hissed.

 

"Okay! Relax! Don't eat me I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt. You did something to his motorbike and besides the insults you thrown at him on your first date. what do you expect?"

 

"Wait you're defending him!?" Dara asked incredulously. "FYI Bom he insulted me first, by calling me his father's pet, making me wait and hungry. Besides that man is full of himself did he think I will agree on marrying him? He's the exact opposite of what am I looking for a man. I'd rather marry an octopus than that A hole jerk."

 

"Geez Dara I'm not defending him. You know what be careful in your words my cousin you might it eat someday. The more you hate the more you love." Bom winked at her.

 

"You wish! but sorry It will never happen."

 

"Let's see." Her cousin just smiled at her.

 

They were near on their apartment when Dara noticed body guards surrounded their apartment her parents car parked on their garage. Her forehead creased deeply when they saw another car parked beside it. She suddenly becomes nervous, her parents sudden visits means there is something important that they want to tell her.

 

They hurriedly get off the car. Dara walked to their apartment followed by her cousin when suddenly they heard hushed talks coming out on their veranda.

 

"Mom? Dad?" She called out. Dara and Bom kissed the olds when they saw them.

 

"Oh dear when did the two of you arrive?" Her mother asked her.

 

"Just now." She eyed her father whose eyes were darted to the other two visitors.

 

"Who are they?" She asked.

 

Before her father could answer, one of the visitors spoke up.

 

"You're daughter is very much prettier in person. I'm sure my son is dying about her now." The man told Dara's father. Pres. Park answered an impish smile.

 

"By the way I'm Kwon Junghyeon and this is my wife Minsuk. We are pleased to finally meet you Sandara." He shook her hands. Dara half smiled and accepted it nervously. The old man looks gentle and kind but you could sense his full authority.

 

"And who is this another pretty girl?" Mr. Kwon smiled and eyed Bom.

 

"I'm Park Bom cousin of Dara. Pleased to meet you." Bom smiled at him too.

 

An awkward atmosphere could be noticed when suddenly Mr. Kwon spoke up.

"May I speak with you Sandara?...Alone?" Dara stared to her parents for awhile before she lead the man inside their apartment.

 

Mister Kwon didn't waste any moment "Sandara dear I know you are asking why are we here, I want to get straight to the point. My son will be coming here any moment now and I want the two of you

to settle your differences. I know he's just being stubborn but he really is a good guy." Mr. Kwon eyed her consciously.

 

"Your parents told me that you made your decision not to marry our son, I want you to give him another chance dear. I know I'm asking you for too much but this is the only way I know to stop him from doing crazy and stupid things."

 

"Sorry Sir... but I already made my choice. I'm not marrying your son. And that's final." Dara gave an apologetic look on Mr. Kwon. "Besides I don't want to be the reason why he and his girl would break up."

 

"Listen dear, I love my son and I know you love your parents too. I would do anything for him and to our family and I know you would too. I hate to say but if you don't agree with this I have no choice but to withdraw my support and connection with your father."

 

She don't know what to say. She's afraid, confused and beyond shocked. What will happen to her family when she refused? Her father still has 1 year before his term ends. She knows how powerful the Kwon family is with a snap everything that her father worked will be futile, but what about her life is she willing to marry him and give up her freedom to save her family?

 

"I'm not that ruthless dear, you don't have to answer me yet. I'm giving you time to think and decide. I know you are a smart lady. In the future you and Jiyong will thank me for this."The old Kwon gazed at her deeply like he knows what she is thinking.

 

"But Sir I don't think its right to destroy someone's relationship, even though I hate your son I feel that he really loves his girl. They deserve to be happy. I don't see why you have to resort to this kind of thing. I'm not a wrecker." Dara coudn't hide her temper, her voice were a little but shaky.

 

"Well there are things that you have to sacrifice to see what the truth beholds Dara. It takes time before people realize that not all the things they see, think and feel is true, sometimes it's just an act of impulse and rebellion just like my son. And I'm willing to sacrifice my friendship with your Dad just because I love Jiyong. I want him to realize that Sohee is not the right girl for him."

 

"What if its not the solution? Just tell it to him Sir, he will understand you. You can persuade him about this girl." Dara pleadingly said.

 

"It's not that easy I know my son very well the more I pursuade him the more he will do it. And what makes you think its not the solution? The only way to stop my son from his insane decisions is to find a girl that suits with him and... that's you. It's you I've been looking for Dara. You're the perfect girl for my son."

 

"What if you're wrong? You'll just make our lives miserable Sir. Do you think he will stop seeing his girl after arranging our marriage?... I don't think not."

 

"I'll disinherit him. I know for a fact that he doesn't care about his provisions but knowing my son he wants to give the world to the girl he fell in love with, he cannot do that without the wealth he'll be inheriting."

 

Just then a roaring motorcycle arrived. Dara and Mister Kwon looked at each other.

 

"I will wait for your answer after a month Dara. Its either a YES or a NO. Hope you'll make a smart decision." And with that Mister Kwon headed off to the veranda.

 

Jiyong doesn't mind greeting the people at Dara's apartment. He arrived with a grim face. He was again called by his father to go there and meet his nemesis. He knows his dad wants to shove Dara into his mouth again. He hated it.

 

"Jiyong why don't you go inside Dara is already waiting for you. We're about to go We know the two of you has a lot to talk about. Right Junhyeong and Minsuk?"

 

President Park just nodded sadness and weary was visible on his eyes.

______________________

 

Dara was drained from the talk she had with Mister Kwon. She feels like all her  energy was by. dries off and her head is throbbing painfully. She needs to decide as soon as possible but what she has to mull about? As if she has a choice. She doesn't want to worry her parents especially her Dad. She has to act faster.

 

Jiyong went straight inside the house after all the people inside the apartment went away. Only the two of them were left. He's looking for Dara. He found her at the kitchen her back facing him while she's drinking water.

 

"We see each other again huh?" Jiyong said a bit louder which startled Dara.

 

"Not again!" her mind screaming. Instead of answering him she closed her eyes and try to ease her headache. She breathes deeply. She's like that for a minute or so. Jiyong just looked at her.

 

 "What did you and my father talk about?" He's not getting any answer from her. His forehead creased annoyingly.

 

"Someone's become a deaf and mute now huh?" He sarcastically said. Again she didn't answer him. Jiyong saw a paper he annoyingly crumpled it and threw at her. It hit her shoulder lightly.

 

"I'm asking you."

 

Dara sighed deeply she plastered a fake smile on her face. She faced Jiyong and went near him.

 

"Look here Mr. Kwon" She smiled her not so genuine smile. "Why don't you ask your father about it. I'm not telling you anything. And did you just throw a paper on me?" She rested her arms on her waist ark her brows. "I didn't know you're a hot tempered impatient man... lucky you I'm not in the mood or else I will color that eyes of yours black again." She rolled her eyes and turned her back.

 

"Listen Ms. Park whatever my dad told you forget it I know it's all about that ing marriage again. I'm not going to marry you."

 

She hastily turn around to face him. "Why don't you tell that to your Dad huh? Do you really think I want this? I love my life, my freedom and my dreams to waste it on that stupid arrange marriage."

 

"Then say NO to him." His jaw is clenching.

 

She wants to scream at him. Its easy for him to say that because he is not in her shoe.

 

"Why would I do that? It should be you. In the first place this is all your fault. Why do you think your father did this? Its because of you and that Sohee girl."

 

"Dammit don't bring her up into this ing problem."

 

"Why!? Its true she's one of reason of your father's madness." Dara is now half screaming. "Why don't the two of you just marry each other or elope with her! Just leave me and my family alone!"

 

GD didn't answer. Dara sneered at him.

 

"Ohh! I think I know the reason why the two of you can't do that." She looked at him sarcastically. "Its because you'll be disinherited! So we're on the same boat I guess that's why you can't disagree with him. Did I hit it?"

 

He stared at her darkly. "I swear! You'll regret it once you agree."

 

"Awww I'm scared!.. don't be a hypocrite Mr. Kwon I know you need me too and besides... being Mrs. Kwon Jiyong..." She smiled "is not that bad after all... its in fact nice to hear I like it."

 

Jiyong went near her. Gazed her darkly. He hit the table with his fist tightly clenched. "Let's see how good is to be Mrs. Kwon Jiyong." and with that he left.

 

Dara whose holding her breath sighed heavily when she heard the motorbike gone away. The tears she controlled starts to fall. "You're doing it right Dara."

 

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!:)

Sorry for the short and draggy chapter T.T I'll do my best to give you next exciting chapters just bear with it for the mean time.

And wow thank you very much for the 30 upvotes <3<3<3 Thank you for viewing, commenting, subscribing and voting my story, it means a lot to me to continue this. It really warms my heart reading your comments.<3<3<3

BTW hello to my friend who I think reading this by now. She is the first friend that I let to read my story. You know who you are unnie:) 

Don't hesitate to voice out your opinions I swear it helps me alot.:)

ENJOY THE YULETIDE SEASON AFF FRIENDS :))

 

xoxo

 

silly-ahjumma