Lovers from the past (part 1)

예기치 않은 (Unexpected)

 

Jiyong's POV

 I opened an eye and looked at beautiful Jiwoo, whose face just inches from mine. I felt her breathing on my face as if our breathing got mixed. She was used to being hugged by me at the nights now. She even snuggled closer to me first the last night. I wondered if she really started liking me. I brushed off strand of hair from her face and caressed her cheek. She was beautiful. Every time I woke up earlier from her I enjoyed watching her asleep. She was a sleeping beauty. From the first time we met, I felt an immense amount of attraction towards her. I realized it just now. At first I thought that it was just a curiousity then I started realizing that it was an attraction. Her looks, her style, her way of talking, her way of walking everything seemed so gracious. She made me forget about everything else in the world. 

 Her eyelashes started trembling before her eyes opened completely. I didn't move farther to see her reaction. I wanted to know if she was ready to find me hugging her after last night. 

- Good morning, - I whispered to her.

- Bonjour, - she replied in french. She seemed even more attractive to me when she spoke french. I didn't feel any attempts from her to break our hug. She just took a deep breathe, closing her eyes again.

Instead she s an arm around me, burying her face in my chest.

- I think we can just comfortably hug now, - she chuckled. Her breathe tickled my neck. 

- I think so too, - I smiled. I thought that "the perfect day" from yesterday was going to continue today too. 

 

~*~

You were done having your breakfast and came back to your room to change your clothes when you suddenly remembered of the box that you received from that strange girl. You hesitated for a moment if you should give it or not but in the you decided that you didn't have any rights to decide for Jiyong and hide that box from him.

- Here, a girl named Song Ji Hye gave me this on the wedding day.

Upon hearing her name Jiyong's expression changed. He became sad? Or angry? It was a mix of two. He silently took the box out of your hands and opened it. When he saw the ring his aura darkened even more. 

- Is she the ex that wanted to get back with you? - you guessed right away.

- Yes, - Jiyong said emotionless. 

- Can I ask what happened between the both of you? Because she seemed like she wanted to start a fight with me. She seems to still have feelings for you, I guess, - you said.

- Feelings? She doesn't have any of those things. Well I was wrong when I thought that she liked me back. She was just amazed by my status and my money, to be honest. I found it later when she changed and asked me to break up because she met someone else, - he said with a sad look in his eyes. It felt like he still had feelings for her. Or was it a feeling of hurt? Then doesn't it mean that he liked her that much? 

 

~*~

You and Jiyong were in The Eiffel Tower, admiring the view of Paris, when Jiyong slowly took your hand in his. He gave a squeeze to your hand and smiled, still looking at the view. 

- Han Ji Woo? - you heard a familiar voice. You turned around and saw that person. It was Woohyun. You felt like your heart stopped for a moment. You automatically took your hand from Jiyong's and looked in Woohyun's eyes. A mix of shock and some kind of sadness was written in them.

- Hi. What are you doing here? - you broke the silence.

- We were having a photoshoot here, - he shortly answered. His eyes shifted to the man beside you.

- Oh yeah, it's Kwon Jiyong...- you couldn't find any courage to tell that he was your husband.

- I'm Kwon Jiyong, Jiwoo's husband, - Jiyong said again. You felt him getting angry because you didn't inroduce him as your husband. But you couldn't help it, you just felt sad and vulnerable and you wanted to go home and cry a river.

- I'm Nam Woohyun, - Woohyun said shortly. He didn't mention that he was your boyfriend, the only guy that you have ever fallen in love with. 

- Hey Woohyun, the manager just called. We have to go back to the hotel now, - apparently another member of his group called.

- Sorry, I have to go now, - Woohyun said and threw one last look at you before walking off.

- Who was he? - Jiyong asked turning to you, even if you sensed that he knew the answer already. 

- He was the love of my life once, - you replied and asked Jiyong to go back to the hotel. 

 

Jiyong's POV

"He was the love of my life once"... Those words kept lingering in my head. They hurt me. On the way back to the hotel she didn't say anything she was just walking by my side like she was in the other world. When we went into our room she went to take a batg right away. I wanted to say something but I was afraid that she wouldn't like talking about it and get angry at me. 

 

 With closed eyes you were lying in the bathtub, trying to calm yourself, when tears kept running down your cheeks. You wanted to scream and cry as loud as you could but you didn't want to show Jiyong this side of you. 

Flashbacks

- I'm Nam Woohyun. Nice to meet you.

- I started caring for you, Jiwoo-ah.

- I think I like you.

- I love you. Will you be my girlfriend? 

- I know it's hard but I can't keep torturing you. I don't want to make you keep waiting for me. You need to have your life too.

- Let's just break up. Because you seem like a stranger to me now, - it was your words. 

All those words that he said to you. All those memories that you shared with him. It felt like it was all burned down the ground when he debuted. You respected his dream to become the best singer in the world but when it started coming true the distance between was getting bigger and bigger day by day. Until it was unbearable and you almost became strangers to each other. That was when you said those words to him. Even though it hurt you to death you felt like you were pulling him down from reaching his dream. You wanted to see him free... You wanted to set yourself free too... As days went by you hoped that you'd forget him. But it was 2 years already since you broke up. But as long as you remembered you didn't think about him for the last two weeks only. You opened your eyes shut. How didn't you realize? You didn't think about Woohyun for more than 2 weeks now. Since you met Jiyong... 

You wrapped your hair in a towel and got out of the bathroom.

 

Jiyong's POV

Why isn't she coming out? Is she crying? Is she feeling sad? Should I knock on the door and ask her why she looked so hurt when she saw Woohyun? No, I don't think she'll tell me that. If she wanted to she would on the way back home from The Eiffel Tower. Should I use Taeyang's call as an excuse to talk to her? I was in deep thought when the door of the bathroom opened.

 

- My friend Taeyang called. I told you about him, remember? He came to Paris by work and he invited us to a party this evenin, - Jiyong said in a rush to gain your attention.

- Yeah I remember him. I'll start preparing then, - you answered, avoiding his eyes. You feared that if he looked you in the eye he would find out that you were crying the bathroom. 

- Are you okay? - he said hesitantly.

- Yes, I am, - you answered shortly and started drying your hair.