Lovers from the past (part 2)

예기치 않은 (Unexpected)

 

Authors note: The girls from the pic are not Jiwoo and Jihye. It'd be good if you didn't imagine them as these girls. The pic simply matches the concept. That's why I decided to use it for this chapter.

 

~*~

 - Hey Jiyong! How you've been? - Jiyong's friend, Taeyang, as you assumed, was walking towards you.

- Hey buddy! It's Han Ji Woo, my wife, - Jiyong gently wrapped an arm around your waist. You felt yourself stiffening. Your body reacted strange to his touches. Every time he touched you, you felt like shivering and when he rested his arm on your body it started feeling warm. 

- Hello, I'm Han Ji Woo, - you smiled. 

- I'm Taeyang, - he smiled back. His eyes smile was priceless. You got shocked at how attractive Jiyong's friend was.

- You look amazing, - Taeyang said to you. You were in the red cocktail dress that Jiyong bought for you while Jiyong was wearing matching red suit with fashionable black jeans. You thanked Taeyang. He gave off a vibe of someone who was loyal and gentle.

You were introduced to couple of Jiyong and Taeyang's friends and were chatting with them when you heard a familiar voice:

- Omo, Han Ji Woo-ssi, are you here too? - you looked around and saw Song Ji Hye. You sighed, feeling annoyed. Did she follow Jiyong even till here?! 

- Of course I'd be here, - you felt yourself getting angry. Today was full of surprises. You just started forgetting about the meeting with Woohyun when she had to come and ruin everything again. You knew that her being here led to nothing good. You looked at Jiyong to check his expression. You couldn't read his face. You didn't know what exactly he was feeling. 

- May I join you? - Ji Hye took a seat beside Jiyong. Jiyong was now sitting between you and her. 

 Taeyang wanted to switch your attention to something else and started talking about another topic. Soon Ji Hye joined the conversation too and when you were all talking about work and other trivial things she kept trying to do skinship with Jiyong. She kept lightly brushing her arm on his. You just silently watched them and looked away. After a while you all decided to dance. Jiyong quickly took your hand and led you to the dancefloor. You felt proud that he asked you for a dance instead of her. But on the other hand you were doubtful if he asked you for a dance just because you were his wife. Jiyong wasn't smiling at all. He was in deep thought. Even when his hands were holding your waist and your hands were on his shoulders, you both swinging to the slow music, he didn't smile nor did he say anything. You felt hurt. You didn't know why that Ji Hye girl affected his mood so much. You wondered if he still liked her. You were done dancing and went back to your table when Ji Hye asked if he could borrow Jiyong for a dance.

- Well it's up to him to decide, - you answered. Jiyong swiftly got up and started roughly dragging Ji Hye to the exit. 

- I'm sorry. I'll be back, - he turned to you and continued walking. You were left speechless.

 

Jiyong's POV

- Well it's up to him to decide, - Jiwoo said with a calm voice. Why was she so distant? Why couldn't she say that I was her husband and she wouldn't like it. Weren't all our hugs and the memories that we created over the past weeks was enough for her to even say out loud that I was her husband? Even when she introduced me to that Woohyun guy she didn't say that I was her husband. She never actually said that. Or did she still have feelings for Woohyun? He even affected her mood so much. I was hurt today. And I felt like my pride was stepped on. When Ji Hye asked her to let me dance with herself I wanted to interfere and say that I didn't want to. But I stopped myself to know Jiwoo's reaction. As always, she was keeping her distance. It made me angry and didn't even try to explain when I went outside dragging Ji Hye with me other than saying that I'd be back. I was too angry. 

- Yah, Song Ji Hye, can't you leave me alone? - I shouted at her. I felt like my head would exlode fom the time I saw her tonight. In my head I was picking out the words to hurt Ji Hye so much that she would never come between me and Jiwoo again. I had enough tonight, she was getting on my nerves.

- Oppa, didn't I tell you that I want you back?! - she shouted back.

- Well I DON'T WANT YOU BACK. I have my own wife now. I've had enough. Just disappear from my life.

- Wife? What kind of wife is she? She didn't even say anything when I was touching you and even when I asked you for a dance. Does she even feel something towards you?! - her words were like a knive to my chest.

- It's none of your business, Song Ji Hye. You have no right to talk about her, - I gritted my teeth.

- I'm sorry, oppa. How many times should I say this?! I made a mistake. Now I want you back. I know that you still feel something for me, - she said with in a gentle way. But her words made me even more angrier. 

- I feel NOTHING towards you. I've had enough of you. You're old news. You're not a bit interesting to me. I don't even feel hatred towards you now because I don't give a damn about you. In fact, I've forgot about you the second I saw Jiwoo. I like Jiwoo, - there, I voiced out the words that have been stuck on my chest for a week already. I didn't how I fell for Jiwoo so fast but I felt it too clearly to ignore. I looked at Ji Hye who was standing in front of me with teary eyes. 

- Goodbye, Song Ji Hye. Don't ever try to find me again, - I said coldly was turned around. - By the way, I threw away the ring, - I added over my shoulder and walked away.

I was scanning the room trying to find Jiwoo but she was nowhere to be seen.

- Taeyang, do you know where Jiwoo is? - I walked up to my friend.

- She excused herself saying that she wasn't feeling well and stormed out before I could say anything. Why didn't you go with her though? I thought that you went to the hotel with her.

- No, I was talking with Ji Hye, - I sighed.

- What?! Ji Hye?! - Taeyang asked in shock.

- Yes, I said her to disappear from my life.

- Run to the hotel now. Jiwoo must've felt because of that, - Taeyang said with a worried expression. I hesitated for a moment and sat beside Taeyang.

- You know, I think I just need to clear my mind before meeting her again, - I explained.

- What do you mean?

- I just said Ji Hye that I like Jiwoo. 

- And? 

- Let's just order a drink. I'll tell you the rest after that, - I said, taking a deep breathe.