Proposal

예기치 않은 (Unexpected)

 

 

 

You were in the car with Jiyong, throwing glances at him from time to time. As time went by, you got more curious where he wanted to take you. You were wearing a floral dress with comfortable flats and your hair was tied in a bun. And Jiyong was dressed in all denim. He had denim jacket and jeans on him. 

- Why are you staring at me? - he smiled at you. 

- I wasn't staring, - you tried to defend yourself.

- I know you were, - Jiyong smiled at you. - I would stare at you too but for our safety, it's best for me to pay attention to the road, - he smirked.

- Oppa, you're too sweet, you know that? - you giggled.

- Then should I become a bad boy starting from now? - he throwed a playful glance at you.

- Well if you want, - you cooed.

 

Jiyong opened the car door and took your hand in his, leading you to the big building in front of you. You noticed the words "Art exhibition" in front of you. The architecture of the building you were entering was so beautiful that it took your breathe away. 

- So beautiful... - you whispered in awe.

- Something more beautiful is waiting, - Jiyong replied and squeezed your hand. As you went in, you got much more suprised. The walls of the room were filled with beautiful paintings, hanging on it. And there were lots of people, who came to take a look at these amazing works of art. As soon as you walked in, the guests who came started whispering and behaving like they saw a celebrity. You wondered why they had such a reaction. 

- Jiyongie! What's up? - you saw Taeyang, who was approaching you and Jiyong. "What is he doing here?" - you thought.

- Hey, - Jiyong replied, smiling.

- Hi there, - Taeyang said to you.

- Hello, - you smiled. 

- Woah... as always, you look amazing, - Taeyang complimented you.

- Thank you, - you replied.

- Of course she does, she is my wife after all, - Jiyong bragged, as if Taeyang wasn't aware of that. You bit your lower lip to prevent yourself from laughing. Jiyong was so cute and childish sometimes that you wanted to pinch his cheeks.

- I know, - Taeyang laughed. 

- Taeyang is helping me with the exhibition here, - Jiyong clarified after a while.

- Helping you?

- Yes, it's Jiyong's exhibition. These are his works, Taeyang pointed at the paintings.

- Really? - you got shocked.

- Do you think we are lying? - Taeyang laughed.

- No! It's just he never told me he was this good at painting, - you explained.

- I just don't like bragging, - Jiyong shrugged his shoulders and you all started to laugh.

- Who says, - Taeyang laughed even harder. - Anyway, you have to see something here, - Taeyang shifted his sight to you. You looked at him with confused expression.

- Yes, let's go, - Jiyong said and took your hand, making you follow him. After you reached a door, he covered your eyes with his hands.

- Is it such a big surprise? - you chuckled, while he pushed you slightly from behind to walk towards his surprise. 

- See for yourself, - he replied, after stopping you and uncovering your eyes.

 You opened your eyes and there it was. His surprise. It was a big painting, probably the biggest painting that you've ever seen in your life. A big painting... of you. Yes, it was you. You blinked a few times to prove yourself that it wasn't a dream. It was reality. He painted a picture of you. 

- Oh My God...

- Do you...like it? - you sensed some kind of nervousness in his voice.

- I don't just like it... I love it, - you turned to Jiyong and wrapped your arms around his neck and looked in his eyes. - Thank you, - you pecked his lips. He smiled and rested his chin on your shoulder, inhaling your scent.

- If you knew, how nervous I feel right now... I've been worrying so much. I didn't know if you'd like it or not, - he said, almost whispering.

- You shouldn't have worried. Because I love it. I think it's the best gift that I've ever received, - you sincerely replied. 

- Really? - he pulled away and looked in your eyes again, smiling like a kid. 

- Really, - you smiled and placed a peck on his cheek.

- Nobody saw it, except me. I wanted to show you first, - he added. His words touched your heart even more. You weren't sure if you were worth this gift and these words... You really didn't know how you could thank him.

- Oh My God, oppa, I don't even know how to thank you now, - you voiced out your thoughts. 

- No need to thank me, - he smiled. His smile was so sweet that he made your heart melt.

- I guess I can let everyone see it now, - he looked at the painting. - I wanna show the world how beautiful my wife is, - his smile spread even wider.

- I wonder if I'll ever be this talented to show the world how handsome my husband is, - you replied, looking at him.

- You don't need to. Everyone already knows, - Jiyong smirked. You didn't reply anything and just laughed.

 

   Jiyong asked you to wait there and he came back after a while, leaving the door open. People started coming in after him. You couldn't move out of shock.

- Hello, everyone. Thanks for coming. This is the main painting of this exhibition, - he took your hand in his and walked farther from the painting, so people could see it more clearly. After everyone in the room took a look at it, they started turning their heads and whispering words like "Woah so she is the girl in the painting?" "She is so beautiful" "She is so lucky". 

- This is my wife, Han Ji Woo. Yes, she is the girl in the painting. And today, I wanted to propose to her like a normal couple even though we're already married... Han Ji Woo, will you... be my wife forever? - he kneeled in front of you and took a pink diamond necklace from his pocket. You felt your eyes tearing up. You couldn't express the happiness that was filling you up. You looked at him and sensed how nervous he was. He pursed his lips and closed his eyes, waiting for your answer. You took his hand in yours and pulled him a bit, as if telling him to get up. He got up and tightened his grip on your hand, looking in your eyes. 

- I will be your wife.. Forever, - you replied, looking at him with sparkling eyes. You heard everyone applauding but it felt like all the noise was coming from a far away place. Because you felt dazed with this man. He made you so happy that you felt like he gave you all the world's happiness. 

- Let me, - he whispered, cutting the distance between you and putting the necklace on you. Everyone in the room applauded again and you smiled at the man in front of you. The man that made you the happiest woman in the world. Jiyong took your hand and after bowing to people who were watching, he led you out of the building.

- Where do you want to go now? - he said, after getting in the car. 

- Anywhere you want to go, - you replied, still feeling hypnotized by him.

- I wanna go home, - he chuckled, looking at your amazed expression.

- Okay, - you replied, not taking your eyes off him.