The gift

예기치 않은 (Unexpected)

 

The days went by like this and it was the day of fashion show. Almost all the clothes and bags in this collection were Jiyong's designs. But three of them were yours. Jiyong insisted on adding them and his support really helped you gain more confidence. You were feeling super nervous as models were coming back from runway. The backstage was chaos. Your head felt like it was going to explode. 

- Where is her necklace?! - you asked in a loud voice, helping the model to fix her outfit. 

- Here, - one of the workers brought it to you.

- You all remember, right? The last three are Jiwoo's designs. So the last three models must go on the runway with Ji Woo. While I appear right before her, - Jiyong explained.

You were on stage when you felt those bright lights making you unable to see the audience clearly. You felt like sleeping right on stage. You were too exhausted.

- Hello, everyone. Thanks for coming. In this collection, even though most of it was designed by me, three of them were designed by Han Ji Woo. She is my wife and our new designer, - Jiyong said and squeezed your hand tight, giving you an encouraging smile. - If you like her works, please let us know. Your feedback is very important, - he concluded. You felt too happy to describe. His words touched your heart. As always he always knew what to do to make you love him more. He was the light, the Sun of your life. Everyone applauded and you looked at your husband, who was too amazing to be real.

Once you were backstage, you felt yourself like everything around you was moving. You took a seat on the sofa while Jiyong came running to you.

 -Oh My God, Ji Woo-ah, jagiya! What's wrong with you? - he said, seeing your exhausted state. You felt your whole body getting weak and when you tried to close your eyes, everything became dark. 

 

Jiyong's POV

- Ji Woo-ah! Ji Wooah! - I ran towards her and kept shaking her body. She didn't open her eyes. She was unconscious. Everyone came running to the sofa.

- Someone call the ambulance, - I said loudly. I was losing control. I didn't know why she lost her conscious. Maybe I made her work too much. I leaned to her and made sure that her breathe was stable.

 

~*~

You barely opened your eyes and closed them again, as the lights were too blinding. You attempted to open your eyes again. The ceiling wasn't familiar at all. It seemed like it was white. You put your head up a bit and looked around to find your sleeping husband beside you. He looked like a little child while he was asleep, which made you smile. You fixed his hair a bit and he suddenly started moving. You put your head back on the pillow and stayed frozen, afraid that you woke him up. He looked at you and swiftly pulled up his upper body. 

- Ji Woo-ah, - he said, holding onto your body. It was written all over his face that he was too worried to say all those words that he wanted to say.

- I'm okay, don't worry, - you held his hand.

- How can I not worry? I got so scared! - Jiyong replied, holding your hand with both of his hands. 

- But I opened my eyes now, - you tried to smile.

- That's such a relief, - he said, tightening his grip on your hand. - Wait, I will let the doctor know that you're awake.

- Okay, - you smiled.

 

- How are you feeling? - doctor asked, entering the hospital room.

- Fine, thank you for taking care of me, - you replied.

- Was it all because of overworking? - Jiyong asked. 

- It's one of the reasons, but I didn't tell you the main reason, - doctor smiled. You and Jiyong both looked at him in anticipation.

- I was waiting for your wife to wake up. Congratulations! Your wife is pregnant, - his smile spread even wider. You and Jiyong stayed silent for a while. You didn't know how to react. But you knew one thing, you never felt so many emotions because of just one sentence.

 

Jiyong's POV

Did I hear it right? Pregnant? My wife? Ji Woo? Oh My God. Thank you, God. Thank you for giving me such a big gift. I never expected her to get pregnant so fast. I was too happy to describe. I didn't reply anything to the doctor. I just ran to my wife and took her in my embrace.

- Baby, you're carrying our child, - I said to her as if it wasn't obvious already. 

- I know, - she chuckled. After hugging her a little longer I turned to the doctor.

- Thank you, doctor. Can she go back to our house now? - I asked.

- Yes, I'll give you the list of vitamins that she should take, - he smiled.

 

~*~

After returning home you met all the family and close friends who came to congratulate you. You wondered how they got to know so fast. But no wonder, when it's about Jiyong, everything spreads faster. At the moment this fabulous man was lying on your lap. After spending some time with your family and close friends you two went upstairs to rest. The moonlight was lightening the whole bed, which made Jiyong's eyes sparkling and black. You stared at him in awe. You caressed his fringe with the tip of your fingers and caressed his collarbone, down to his chest. He held your hand and smiled at you.

- What? - you asked, as he was just plainly staring at you, never taking his eyes off. His smile was spreading even wider with each second.

- I love you, - he whispered.

- I love you too, - you leaned in and pecked his lips. He caressed your cheek with your other hand, making you stay in your current position.

- I'm so happy right now. You made my dream come true, - he said, looking into your eyes. You smiled at him warmly.

- If it's a girl, I want her to be beautiful as you. If it's a boy, I want him to be caring as me, - Jiyong playfully said. You never expected those words. So you lost your ability to speak for a while.

- I think it's your turn to be unpredictable now, - you chuckled. - But... do you want a girl or a boy? - you carefully asked.

- To be honest, as long as the child is ours, I think both are fine. But I always dreamt of having a daughter first, - he answered.

- Really? Because most of the times men like having a son first, - you expressed how surprised you were by his reply. - I want a boy or boy and girl, twins.

- Woah, twins would be amazing, - he agreed.

- I know right! Twins are the best, - you smiled. 

- No matter our child will be a girl or a boy, I want him to have the happiest family ever, - Jiyong said, caressing the skin below your stomach. You felt warm and secure by his touches. You felt like you were the happiest woman in the world.