A day with him

예기치 않은 (Unexpected)

 

Your eyelashes trembled before opening completely. You felt something heavy on your waist. It was Jiyong. Jiyong?! Jiyong?! Your eyes opened completely in shock. Was he hugging you right now? 

- What do you think you are doing? - you said loudly and tried to push his arms off you. 

- Whaat?! - Jiyong groaned.

- Why were you hugging me? - you panicked.

- I just wanted to, - Jiyong answered half-asleep.

-Whaat? No, no, no. I will say to your mom right now that I need another bed, - you got up. But you couldn't make a step towards the door, because Jiyong pulled you by hand and made you lay back on the bed. In one swift motion he changed your positions and hovered over you, gripping your hands above your head.

- Shhh, I won't do anything to you. I promise. But what can I do when you are so fiesty? You keep making a big scene out of nothing. I promise, I won't do anything against your will. And it was just a hug. We're married for God's sake, can't you just accept being hugged by your husband? 

- What? Out of nothing? It's everything. Is sleeping in the same bed and hugging normal for you? And for the record, we're not married yet.

- But we will be married. Very soon. And by the way, weren't you the one watching me changing my clothes? Wasn't it normal for you back then? If it was, then is hugging something that we need to make big fuss about?

- Whatever, - you rolled your eyes. He was using your own actions against you. Everything he pointed was true. What could you do other than rolling your eyes and agreeing even though you didn't say it out loud.

- You're free now, - he smiled sweetly at you which made you want to push him on the face. Even though his smile was pretty right now it irritated you.

 

After having breakfast your omoni and aboji suggested you both to go shopping. When you said that you didn't need any clothes right now Jiyong's mom said that it was a preparation for your honeymoon. Your jaw dropped upon hearing it. And you slowly nodded.

 

- This, this and this, - Jiyong was in the process of picking out the best cocktail dress for you to wear during honeymoon.

- Can't we just buy that pink one? I'm tired already, - you said standing in the dressing room.

- I found a great red one for you. I'm sure you'll look great in it. I bet you will, - even if you didn't see him you felt him smiling. 

You took the red dress and put it on yourself, hoping from the bottom of your heart that Jiyong would like it. You couldn't run from him so if he didn't like this one too you knew that you had to try out other dresses. You went out and stood in front of Jiyong. 

- Tell me it's the best one, - you smiled, hoping that you could affect Jiyong's decision.

 

Jiyong's POV

She came out and I almost fell off my chair. Because she was shining. She was too beautiful. She looked the best in red and this dress was showing off her well-built body. My fashion taste never betrayed me. 

- You are beautiful, - I replied to her. And her smile spread wider across her lips. Her smile was beautiful too. I think it's the first time when she wholeheartedly smiled at me. My heartbeat fastened.

- Let's take it, - I looked at her in awe again before she ran off to the dressing room to change to her own clothes. 

We went to a shoe store. 

- Why don't you buy some shoes? Anything you like, - I suggested.

- I don't need any. I feel awkward because you bough all those clothes and even a cocktail dress today.

- It's nothing. Of course I would buy them to you. Who else would other than your husband? - I tried to "remind" her that I was her husband.

- Thank you, - she said almost shyly. 

- You're welcome, - I smiled at her. She smiled back.

- Oh here, look, these red high heels would look just amazing with your dress, - before she could react I kneeled down in front of her and took of her ballet flats before I helped her wear the high heels.

I looked up at her and smiled. She returned a weak smile. Was she that shocked? I was just being myself though.

When she was wearing two pairs of the high heels she almost lpst her balance and as I was still kneeling down in front of her she used my shoulder to steady herself. She pulled her hand back and I got up when I heard someone calling me.

- Jiyong oppa! Jiyong oppa! - I turned around when I saw Ga Eun running towards me, energetically waving me. The last person I wanted to see now was her.

- Oh, Ga Eun-ah, what are you doing here? 

- I just came to shop and saw you with a girl. Is she your fiancée, that everyone was talking about? - she pointed at Jiwoo.

- Yes. This is Han Ji Woo, my fiancée. Jiwoo-ssi, this is my old friend, Lee Ga Eun.

- Oppa and I were in a relationship 2 years ago, - she blurted. She was so annoying. Why did she even decide to tell that in front of Jiwoo?!

- Nice to meet you, - Jiwoo said, looking at Ga Eun straight in the eyes. 

- Do you have green eyes? It's strange for a korean, - Ga Eun stated. I looked at Jiwoo and felt her angering boiling up.

- Yes, I'm special like that, - Jiwoo smiled only with her lips.

- If you don't have anything to say, why don't you go back to what you came here for? Because we have our business too, - I bluntly said to Ga Eun.

- Woah, oppa, why are you so cruel? Can't I talk a bit more with Jiwoo-ssi? - Ga Eun replied. Her reply annoyed me even more.

- Actually we're really busy, - Jiwoo said to my shock. Was she taking my side now? Or was she too annoyed by Ga Eun? 

- Okay then. See you, - Ga Eun said pouting and went back.

 

- Jiwoo-ssi, sorry, I didn't expect to see her here, - I tried to clarify the situation.

- No, it's perfectly fine. Was she the ex that asked you to get back with her? 

- No, she was the other one, - I said almost whispering. But the fact that she was having an interest in me made me glad.

- Let's take these. They look great, - I said about the shoes and suggested her to take it.