Miracle

Life Is Fair

 

Dara slowly opened her door to check outside. She knows she is being nosy.

 

'But a crying Kwon! Who wouldn't want to see mean Kwon crumbling down?!'

 

She remembered Jiyong making fun of her just this morning. 'Revenge is mine! Bwahahahahaha!'

 

She did not see anyone outside so she tip-toed to the street just to check. She looks like a thief silently escaping from the crime scene.

 

'Kekekeke~'

 

She was planning on laughing at him so loud he wouldn't wish for tomorrow, mock him to death and never make him forget that for once, Dara had the last laugh. 'Victory is miiiiinnneeee!!'

 

 

But Dara stopped in her track as she reached the side walk. Her smile faded and she slowly stood up straight.

 

There, just a few steps away from her is Jiyong, sitting on the side walk, hugging his legs with his head on his knees.

 

Dara frowned. She is not used to seeing Jiyong in such state.

 

She expected to see Jiyong looking so weak. Of course, hearing him shout and wail, she won't see him jumping for joy, right? But seeing him now, Dara felt for Jiyong.

 

Her plan of making fun of him forgotten, Dara slowly walked towards Jiyong. She could see then Jiyong's shoulder trembling. 'Is he still crying?'

 

Dara bit her lip. She did not realize she's already standing beside Jiyong, who is still in the same position. Not knowing what to do, she silently sat beside him. She can still hear Jiyong faintly crying to himself.

 

Dara doesn't know why she didn't just mind her own business and left. 'What do I care?'

 

Then she remembered how Jiyong sounded while calling out for his mother. Dara sighed.

 

She slowly reached Jiyong's back with her right hand. She felt him stiffened. Dara bit her lip. She was about to take her hand back when she felt him relaxed. Dara exhaled. She didn't know she was holding her breathe.

 

Not knowing if she needs to do anything else, she rubbed Jiyong's arms with her left hand.

 

With one hand on his back, and the other on his arm, she was almost hugging him. Surprisingly, Dara doesn't mind. She can't even understand why she can't leave him.

 

"I'm here," Dara told Jiyong. She doesn't know why she said that, but it just felt right to say it.

 

Dar looked up in the sky and saw her favorite constellation, Orion, just right above them. A certain warmth and comfort enveloped her heart seeing the stars twinkling above them.

 

Then her gaze retuned to Jiyong who hasn't moved since she came. Well at least, Jiyong's breathing has become steady now. She guesses she's not crying anymore. But the two of them stayed in that position.

 

 

 

If anyone who knows them will see Dara and Jiyong right now, they might think that a miracle struck them. Never had anyone seen Dara and Jiyong just sitting beside each other quietly, one comforting the other.

 

 

 

-------

 

shout out to my new subscribers ddeobukki, mara625, peppiwelsh1, shyness28 and sraxzy! ^_____________________^

 

i promise promise PROMISE to make the next chapters longer and with more events. i just realized that i have one scene per chapter. i'm dragging the story right? sorry. i'll try to be better. *shy smile*