Chapter 8

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Keys clank against each other and the lock clicked, allowing the huge glass doors to swing open. A pair of black and white Louis Vuitton stepped through the doors, closing it behind him. He looked straight at his office door. Oblivious of his surrounding, he absent mindedly walked over and turned the brass knob of his door and stepped in. Soon, the others came in and everyone was busy with their own work. Morning turned to noon yet the office seems to be missing one of its workers.

“Have you guys seen Seunghyun hyung?” Daesung asked worryingly as he handed over a cup of coffee each to Jiyong, Seungri and Youngbae. It was almost noon and no one has seen any signs of their eldest hyung. He didn’t turn up for work that morning. The others shook their heads as they stared blankly at him.

“I thought he was going to pick up Seohyun Saturday night after the wedding but he never showed up. I tried calling him but he didn’t answer. I drove to his house on Sunday and he wasn’t there.”

“Maybe they reached second base during the wedding.” Seungri playfully joked.

“Speaking of Seunghyun hyung, you think he left the Yu’s theme park plan on his desk? I need to make some tweaks on it.” Youngbae added.

“I think I saw it on his table last Friday. I’ll go get it, I have a spare key to his room.” Jiyong volunteered as he put down his mug on the coffee table and walk over to Seunghyun’s office.

Using his keys, he opened the partially darkened room that was illuminated by the bright sunlight that penetrated the 15 storey office window. He stepped through the door and noticed that the desk chair was facing the window and someone was sitting on it.

“Oh .” Jiyong cursed loudly, startled seeing Seunghyun sitting behind his desk in the dimly lit room. Seunghyun continued to stare blankly at the window looking towards the magnificent Seoul landscape that was painted in front of him as if he didn’t hear Jiyong.

“You’re here and you’re in your dinner wear. Were you here all weekend? Are you ok? Have you eaten? You’re pale. Are you dead? Are you breathing?” Jiyong question in panic as he ran towards Seunghyun.

 “No I’m not. It’s over. I give up.” He answered solemnly as the others scampered towards Seunghyun’s office upon hearing Jiyong’s freaked out voice.

“You never give up Seunghyun hyung.” Jiyong said he stared into Seunghyun’s lifeless eyes. The others came in all in shock to see their hyung that way. His once adorable smile was upside down into a crocked frown. His stare was empty and lifeless. His skin was pale and his body was frailer in weakness.

“No, if we’re meant to be together we’d be together. That’s just how the universe works.”

“Hyung, go back, shower and take some time off to clear your mind as much as you want.” Youngbae suggested as he squeezed Seunghyun’s shoulder.

A bitter smile cracked open on Seunghyun’s face. His eyes swollen, his nose red, his once perfectly combed hair, ruffled and exploded in a hundred million directions. He stared at his best friends with a stare that looked as if all the life in him has been out leaving him merely an empty shell.

“I keep thinking back to this one time. We were in this French restaurant and I kept talking on and on doing all sorts of bingu things trying to impress her. And she kept laughing at my jokes and suddenly she blurted out ‘I love you.’ I froze. It was the first time she said it to me. I didn’t react. I didn’t know what to respond, not because I didn’t love her back but she paralyzed me and all I know was I wanted to hear it over and over and over again for the rest of my life. And that happened 2 weeks after we met. It took only 2 weeks for her to fall in love with me before.” He wiped his tears that kept falling down his cheeks, chocking at his own words.

The others remained unspoken, their heads bowed, looking to the grey carpeted floor. Their hyung was hurting and there was nothing else they could do to ease his pain except for listening and hearing his pain.

“She doesn’t love me” he continued as he picked up his coat, keys and the framed picture. He stood up from his chair and walked towards the door. Turning back to his best friends who stayed rooted in their spot.

“Thanks for letting Seohyun stay with you Daesungie. I’m going to pick her up from school.” He said closing the door behind him.

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter