Chapter 2

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The following evening she was discharged from the hospital and I took her home. In the car, nothing but silence enveloped us. Awkwardness and tension was building between us. I could feel her distrust in me and I knew I needed to prove myself to her. We arrived at our not so humble abode that loomed lonely without its occupants. She looked up at the huge house in amazement like it was her first time seeing it. Our house stood marvelously on top of a hill that looked out towards the vibrant city of Seoul. The drive from the gate to the main door was aligned with spectacular white scenery. The grass covered by snow that fell lazily on top of them. Four gigantic Greek inspired pillars welcomed us by the entrance.

 

“All this must have cost a fortune.” She exclaimed in amusement.

“Anything for you.” I smiled at her.

 

 

SURPRISE!!

 

 

 

 

Shouts and scream emitted throughout the house the moment we entered. A huge banner hung in the entrance foyer that read ‘Welcome Home Sophie!!’ Balloons and streamers decorated the whole place. Familiar faces welcomed us in the house. I glanced at Sophie who was slowly inching back towards the door. Dara, Bom, Minzy and Chaerin approached her excitedly. Each of them taking turns to hug her. Sophie was quiet and she did not respond to their hug but stood rooted in her spot. A little girl slipped from Youngbae’s arms and ran towards Sophie with her arms wide open as she shouted,

“Mummy!!”

She expected Sophie to carry her into her arms but she didn’t, so the disappointed little girl turned to me. I gladly carried her consoling her as she was on the verge of tears.

“Give her time princess.” I hugged her tighter.

 The little girl pouted her lips and I happily kissed her. Sophie stormed out of the house. I let go of the little girl to follow her. She was trying to hitch a ride with any passing car, cursing under her breath. I walked up to her, my hand in my pocket, my heart on my sleeve.

 

 

 

 

“Hey” I said. My greeting was welcomed with a slap across my face. Her palm mark printed across my cheeks. I felt heat radiating from my face.

“YOU TOLD ME WE DIDN’T HAVE A KID! SO WHAT THE WAS THAT?” She screamed at me, her hand reaching towards me and another slap landed across my cheeks.

I gulped harder. I knew I needed to come clean with her before but I felt the need to protect our daughter more.

“I was only trying to protect our daughter’s heart. Do you know how painful it was to come back home without you while she kept asking. Where is mummy? Why isn’t mummy coming home? Does she hate us? Did I do something to hurt mummy? I was only trying to protect her.”

“You could have told me. I would’ve been more prepared. You should have told me. You told me we were trying. Why did you ing lied to me? All of this I just too much. All those people, I didn’t know who the they were and they were all crowding me, hugging me like we were best friends. I’m trying to fill in these ty holes I have in my head and nothing. It’s so frustrating! How am I supposed to know what other s you are hiding from me.”

“I’m sorry. We are trying. We are trying for a second child. I should have known it was too much. Forgive me babe.” I came closer to her to hug her, to comfort her. With all her might and will power she pushed me away.

“What part of don’t ing touch me don’t you understand? Am I just supposed to trust you? How am I supposed to know that girl is even mine? ” she yelled at me. I backed away, my temper was slowly rising.

“That little girl happens to be our daughter who loves you so freaking much. She came out of your ing . I was there holding your hands, encouraging you while you swear and cursed me bringing her into this ing miserable world.” I too was yelling on top of my voice.

Sophie stayed quiet while I inhaled as much air as I could, trying to calm myself down. I massaged my temple. I don’t know how much more of this I could handle. I was on the brink of giving up before I slowly answered Sophie.

“Her name is Seohyun. She is four years old and of course she is ours. She has your beautiful hazel eyes, your adorable nose and your luscious red lips. She’s very artistic too.” I smiled thinking of my only princess.

“Did we get married because of her? I mean a one night stand?” she timidly asked.

I stood there flabbergasted at her question. And I shook my head slowly answering her.

“We got married because we loved each other and our daughter was a blessing for our beautiful love.”

“It just doesn’t make sense. What happened to me? I’m suddenly married to you but I remembered being engaged to someone else.” She held her head in he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter