Chapter 7

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, let’s be rational. What if you saw a different girl? Are you a hundred percent sure it was Soph?” Jiyong said trying to calm his hyung as the others looked on. Seungri sat next to Seohyun, covering her ears afraid that she would pick up the curse words her father was throwing around them at the table. The little girl was clutching her white puppy plushy tightly unable to comprehend the situation around her.

 “Yea hyung. Calm down. What if it was her doppelganger or something?” Youngbae added.

“Shut up. I don’t want to hear it. She’s hooking around with some pretty boy from the past while she’s married with me. I’m done. I really am. I can’t stand just waiting for her to come around. I’m just a man.” Seunghyun fumed frustrated as he hit the table with his hand.

“Hyung, this is not you. We know you better than you know yourself. So just listen to us. You’ll regret it later if you give up.” Jiyong said.

“Maybe the accident made her nuts or something. She told me to leave. Then maybe I should. Maybe I should let her free.”

“Hyung, think again what you just said. You love noona with all your heart. This is just a rough patch. Think about Seohyun. Remember the good times you had together.” Daesung said assuring Seunghyun.

“Let’s not go down without a fight. Hwaiting hyung.” Seungri said cheering on him.

Seunghyun buried his head in his hand. Tears streamed down his cheeks. His heart was broken into a million pieces. He was slowly losing his grip on the one woman he ever loved and he felt lost. He hit the table again as the others looked on, unable to say anything. He slumped his head to his chair, allowing himself to drown in his sorrows. Two tiny hands touched his cheeks. He looked up to face his daughter’s brown eyes that seem too big for her face.

“Daddy don’t cry or I’ll cry too.” the little girl looked at him as tears began welling up in her eyes. The little girl’s touch exhilarated him, empowered him. He was staring into the little girl’s eyes, eyes that were carbon copies of Sophie’s, those brown eyes telling him that he needed to fight till the end for her. He needed to hold on to his vow. He was already half way through. He must not give up in making his wife fall in love with him. His face lit up in determination. With a new blow of assurance from his little girl, he was pumped as he sat in his chair straight. He stood up abruptly. The others looked at him in shock.

“Where are you going hyung?” Youngbae interrupted.

“I need to be where my wife is. She’s at her sister’s wedding so that’s where I’ll be. I’m getting my wife back.” He answered determinedly.

“I want to babysit this time” Daesung chirped happily giving Seohyun an eye smile. The little girl giggled. The boys said their goodbye to him each cheering on him.

Seunghyun took his wallet and car keys off the table and turned to Seohyun.

“Baby, you be nice to Daesungie samchon. Drink your milk before you sleep and don’t forget to brush your teeth.” Seunghyun warned the little girl who nodded obediently. She pouted her lips, allowing her father to peck them. She wrapped her tiny arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

“I love you appa. Tell omma I love her too.” she whispered to him. Seunghyun smiled and ruffled her hair.

He was about to step out of the restaurant when the little girl shouted for him while running towards him.

“Daddy, you forgot to kiss Poru goodnight.” She said shoving her white puppy plushy that she got when she was one into Seunghyun’s face. Seunghyun laughed and pecked the toy puppy’s nose. The happy little girl waved at him as he walked out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He went home and changed into the best suit he had. He wore a black Prada single ed suit with gold medallion buttons over a crisp white shirt. The topmost button left unfasten leaving his well built chest and magnificent neck exposed. His long black pants hung on with suspenders over his shoulders where as his Louis Vuitton dress shoes sparkled reflecting every light that hit it. His cufflinks twinkled with every hand movement made. He was looking smart and charismatic as ever.

 

 

 

The pleasant February breeze blew, cooling the guest that was starting to arrive at the Park’s enormous mansion. The wedding reception was held in the garden, with beautiful white and red candle illuminating the pathway. The entire reception area was filled with white and red roses that released its sweet scent to all that was present. Seunghyun maneuvered through the crowd aimlessly with a drink in hand. His eyes looking wildly around for that familiar face.

“Hey!” a man’s voice from behind him greeted. He turned around to face the groom looking dapper in his ensemble. A huge smile cracked on his face as he shook the groom’s hands.

“Congratulations!”

“Ah, thanks hyung. Glad you made it. So how are you?”

“I’m hanging on but more importantly how is the groom? Nervous?” Seunghyun jokingly asked him.

“Err, I don’t know if this is nervous or what but my fingers keep twitching at the thought of marriage.” Donghae confessed.

A few feet away the bride who has been eavesdropping came storming at the two man, pouting and fuming angrily.

“So you don’t want to get married with me?” she asked accusingly at Donghae. The flustered groom stuttered trying to reach an answer. Seeing the drama unfolding in front of him Seunghyun swiftly answered.

“Freddie Mercury once said, his fingers twitched like crazy everytime he writes a song. He said it was because it was the birth of a masterpiece. Something genius.”

The grooms face went from pale and back to normal in seconds. He sighed in relieve at Seunghyun’s answer and nodded continuously agreeing. He patted Seunghyun’s shoulders before he left Seunghyun and Sara.

“So was that all true?” Sara asked smiling at him. Seunghyun simply raised his eyebrows, smirking mischievously at her.

“Maybe. Cut the man some slack Sara. Guys are idiots, every little thing make us tense.” Seunghyun answered jokingly.

“You’re really nice Seunghyun ssi.” She said before leaving him to entertain the other guest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Once again, Seunghyun was alone with only the drink in hand as his company. He knew no one that was present. Looking around, his attention was caught by a brown haired girl that was happily dancing with Minwoo. Her smile literally lit the whole room yet Seunghyun’s heart out. His eyes fixed on her. She seemed happy, genuinely happy. His trains of thoughts were interrupted by Sophie’s father’s booming voice gre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter