Chapter 10

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The white ceiling overhead welcomed him the moment his eyes fluttered open. Every part of his body ached badly and with every movement made the pain worsen. The beeping sound from the heart monitor beside him told him exactly where he was. A sharp pain travelled throughout his left hand. He looked to his left and saw a blood bag was hooked onto his arm. His shoulders hurting even more when he suddenly remembered the sound of a shot gun being pulled. The images of Seohyun lying unconscious in his arms flashed before him. He struggled trying to pull himself to sit up on his bed. The pain was excruciating that tears fell down his cheeks but he was determined to go find his daughter. At that very moment, the door swung open and Daesung stepped in.

“Hyung! You’re bleeding! Stop moving!” he said as he panicked running out to call the nurse. A few nurses rushed in towards Seunghyun who kept struggling trying to release himself from their grip. Soon a doctor came in.

“Please stop moving Choi ssi. Your wound is bleeding again. ” The nurses said assuring him yet he fought with all his might.

“I want to see my daughter. Where is she? Is she alive? Tell me she’s alright.” He pleaded hysterically.

“Seohyun! Seohyun ah! Appa is here! Seohyun! Baby, appa is here!” He screamed on top of his lungs desperately. His body wiggled trying to release the doctor and nurse’s grip on him. Daesung stood in the corner timidly as he watched his hyung’s emotional breakdown. He was so taken aback by the intensity of his breakdown and screams. He has never seen Seunghyun so hysterical that it scared him.

“Sedate him.” The doctor instructed to one of the nurses. One of them ran out of the room and returned a few seconds letter with a syringe lock and loaded ready for injection. She then injected the morphine into Seunghyun’s IV tube. A few seconds later Seunghyun’s well built frame loss control on itself as it crashed on the hospital bed and he fell into unconsciousness as if fast asleep.

“What happened to him?” Daesung asked in terror.

“I gave him sedatives to calm him down. He is in a state of immense emotional and physical trauma. It’s best that he remains unconscious so his arm can heal properly before he works through his other wounds. He lost too many pints of blood already.” The lanky doctor explained to Daesung who stayed silent listening to every word the doctor had to say. The doctor then proceeded to re stitch the bullet wound on Seunghyun’s left shoulder. Daesung excused himself out of the room after feeling queasy at the sight of blood all over the bed where Seunghyun laid.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

23 hours ago…

 

Jiyong got up from the comforts of the fluffy sofa when a loud knock pounded on his house door. He wanted to ignore it because he was too lazy to get up but the visitor was persistent so he gathers all his strength to get up from the couch. He stood up only in his boxers, heaving a sigh he picked up the t shirt he lazily threw on his body. He turned the steel door knob. Jiyong stood frozen by the visitor at the door. Two policemen looked sternly at him. Both sturdy men stood in front of him in full uniform. He didn’t do anything wrong yet their presence sent chilling nerve wrecking vibes all over the place.

“Good evening officers. To what do I owe you the pleasure?” he greeted politely bowing at them.

The two policemen bowed politely and one of them answered him.

“Anyeongheseyo Kwon ssi. Inspector Song imnida. We have a few questions about your business partner, Choi Seunghyun ssi.”

Jiyong’s eyes widen as he looked puzzled at the two officers in front of him. He then welcomed the officers to his not so humble abode. Jiyong’s crisp white clean apartment screamed Korea’s most eligible bachelor. The two officers sat on his comfy sofa and Jiyong sat in front of them.

“What happened to Seunghyun hyung?” he asked cautiously.

“He was found shot at the Han River park. We have a few questions regarding the shooting.”

Jiyong’s face turned pale as he held his breath in shock. His body shivered at the devastating news.

“Is he dead? What about his daughter? Seohyun? I’m her godfather.” Jiyong questioned hastily.

“He was sent to the general hospital. She was found in his arms, barely breathing.”

Jiyong clasped his hand to cover his mouth. Who in their right mind would dare hurt his adorable niece? Jiyong’s heart pounded in fury. He clenched his fist, the creases forming on his forehead. He will end the person who hurt his hyung if it’s the last thing he did. He stared blankly thinking of Seunghyun and Seohyun.

“Kwon ssi.” the policeman’s booming voice called out to him.

He regained his focus and looked at the policemen who looked sternly at him. The charisma oozing from the two visitors were crushing and intimidating everyone around them.

“When was the last time you saw Seunghyun ssi?”

“He went out from work around noon today but I had a discussion with him early this morning around 8. That was the last time I saw him.”

“Where were you around 2 in the afternoon today?”

“Working on a blueprint in my office.”

“Is there anyone that can clarify your alibi?”

“You can ask my secretary. She was at the office the whole day.”

The policemen nodded as they jotted down every single word I told them.

“Can you describe the relationship between Mr and Mrs Choi?”

“Ahh, they are complicated.” Jiyong answered uncertain as his hands rubbed his chin.

“Elaborate further please.” The officer asked still with a straight face.

“See, his wife lost her memory and sorta forgot who he is and who their daughter is and she’s been living with her parents ever since.” They both nodded as they stood up from their seat. They both extended their hands for a handshake. Jiyong bowed as he shook both officers leading them out of his house. Jiyong sighed as he scrambled to grab a pair of jeans. Now he knew what happened to his hyung. So that was where he went missing to. He picked up his keys. Worry was building up inside of him with every passing second. He was worried for his hyung and his niece.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s white luxurious Lamborghini sped through the lively city road, speeding on every highway as it made its way towards the hospital hastily. Jiyong was the first one to arrive at the hospital. The dark spring night was lit by the beautiful moon as he made his way from the parking lot to the hospital entrance. The dimly lit lobby reeked with the smell of strong alcohol and sanitizers with no one around except for a lone woman sitting under a huge sign that spelled inquiry.

“Where’s the ing emergency room?” he asked impatiently.

“I need a name sir.”

“Choi Seunghyun” he asked hurriedly.

The receptionist smiled at him as she typed into the computer before answering him.

“He’s still in surgery sir. You may wait for him in the OT waiting area on the 3rd floor.” The receptionist answered graciously. Panic loomed over him. Was his condition so critical that he needed a surgery? He stared at the receptionist, zoning out in deep thought. The young lady looked at him waiting for him to respond.

“Choi Seohyun?” he asked again.

For the second time the receptionist typed into the computer in the speed of light. She cleared and answered.

“She’s in the pediatric ICU on the 4th floor.”

Jiyong thanked the lady, bowing repeatedly at her making his way to the elevator. His brain was racing, his heart h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter