Chapter 1

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Life, as they say are collective moments that make it as we know. These moments determine what’s to come and go. The thing is each one of us, is the sum total of every moment that we ever experience, with all the people we’ve ever known. We are all connected. And it’s these moments that make our history. Like our own personal greatest hits of memories. We play and replay in our minds, over and over again. These moments impact us in unimaginable ways.

 

 

A young man with jet black hair had his arms wrapped around a red haired young woman. It was a cold winter night but they had each other’s company to keep warm. The snow that lazily fell was slowly turning into a blizzard. The wet empty street resonated their laughter as they walked arm in arm towards their car parked on the other side of the street.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“There’s a rumor saying that when you do it in the car, you can get preggers” she smiled cunningly at me.

 

I laughed heartily at her. I reached out to the passenger seat next to me, and lined my fingers down her jaw line. My hand then fell to her thighs, running up those milky y thighs of hers. She giggled because she was very ticklish. Staring into her beautiful hazelnut eyes, inching myself closer to her. Our lips locked, I tasted the sweet taste of her lipstick as I her plump lips. Her fruity scent shampoo intoxicating me, I loved this woman and I was the luckiest man alive. I kissed her deeper, intertwining our tongue, I tasted the chocolate we had for dessert in . Inhaling her body, kissing her neck then everything went blank. Pitch black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A continuous beeping sound emitted next to me. It went on and on, bothering me until I opened my eyes. My sight was welcomed by a white ceiling and curtains around me. I pushed myself up to sit upright. My body ached, every part of it pained. I look to my wrist and found a blood bag linked to it. I looked to my right, the monitor that kept beeping indicating my heartbeat. I was alone. I called out for someone and a petite middle-aged nurse came as soon as she heard my voice.

“What happened to me?” I asked as my voice cracked and shivered.

“You were in a car accident. Do you remember your name?” She answered me. I stared at her blankly as the memory flooded back in.

“Yes, Choi Seunghyun. What about my wife? I want to see my wife.”

“She’s in the ICU. You can see her once you are discharged. The doctor will be with you soon.” She said as she left me.

 

I slumped back on the soft hospital pillow trying to remember what happened. Worry showered me as I thought about Sophie, was her condition really bad that she had to be in the ICU. My train of thoughts was interrupted when a short old man withdrew the curtain around me. He smiled kindly at me.

“Good Evening Mr Choi. Let’s begin with a few questions.” He said waving his pen-like torchlight in front on my eyes.

I nodded obediently not uttering a single word.

“What is your name?”

“Choi Seunghyun.”

“When is your birthday?”

“Fourth of November 1987”

“What city are you in?”

“Seoul, South Korea.”

“Seems like your memory is still intact. That’s a good sign.” He said smiling while his hands were busy scribbling on the clipboard he took from in front of my bed.

I looked on at him while he was scribbling, by the time he was done I asked,

“What exactly happened to me?”

“A snow truck hit your car from behind. You knocked your head on the steering wheel and lost a few pints of blood, but apart from that you are perfectly fine.” He said still smiling kindly at me.

“What about my wife?”

He hooked back the clipboard to my bed, his hands behind his back, inhaling air into his lungs before he began and he had a grim expression.

“She was found a few feet outside the car. She smashed through the car window. As of now her condition is still uncertain. Her hemorrhaging has stopped but I have to put her in a comatose state for at least two days tops to give time for her brain swelling to subside and heal itself.”

I felt my heart drop into my stomach. My aching body now felt numb, I wanted to run to her, be with her but I couldn’t even move my own muscle without tears threatening to fall due to the immense pain.

“Is she going to be alright?” I chocked.

“Only time will tell but don’t fret, she is in good hands. If you excuse me, you need to get some rest so I can discharge you sooner.” He smiled drawing the curtain close behind him.

 

 

 

I was discharged in the afternoon of the following day; instead of going home I went straight to the ICU. At the ICU waiting room I was welcomed by our bestfriends, Jiyong, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri.

“Hyung!” they all greeted excitedly, Seungri running up to me hugging me tightly.

“Not too hard, I still ache.” I uttered, clenching my teeth, resisting the pain as Seungri loosen his arms that were around me.

“Mianhe hyung.” He said bowing his head. I patted his back as a sign of forgiving him.

“How long have you guys been here?” I asked.

“Every day since you guys got admitted.” Jiyong confessed. I smiled thinking how much they have sacrificed for me and Sophie.

“Go home, you guys need rest. I’ll be here with her.” I said.

“Hyung, you are the one that needs rest, not us.” Daesung uttered.

“It’s okay. I want to be by her side if she wakes up.” I said smiling at them.

 

They all nodded, respecting my wish as they picked up their belongings and headed out of the waiting room. Alone, I went to her side of the bed. I stared at her beautiful face that now had cuts and scratch marks all over. Her red plump lips looked dried and pale. Her rosy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter