Chapter 3

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The lazy morning sunlight penetrated through the window and illuminated the whole living room. The bright light woke me up. I took of my boxers and absentmindedly walked towards the shower in our bedroom. I stepped in our bedroom and a deafening scream entered my ears, welcoming me. I turned my head to the source of the sound to see Sophie and shocked as she stared my body too. Her hands covered her while her legs crossed trying to cover her womanhood. I too became cautious as I shouted

“Sorry.Sorry. Habit but it’s nothing you haven’t seen.” I smiled at her. She laughed heartily throwing cloths at me. I avoided her attack by running towards the shower locking the door behind me. That morning I made breakfast as a gesture of apology for our argument the night before. I was determined to hold on to our wedding vows and this marriage through this hole we were in even if I died trying. I was sipping on my coffee while reading the morning paper when she came down to the kitchen. She was wearing an oversized black colored hoodie over a pair of skinny jeans. Her hair was tied in a bun. I smiled covering my mouth with my hands trying to hide my laughter.

“These were the only cloths I felt comfortable in. What was I thinking? Those plaid shirts and khaki, like seriously?” she went on rambling of her fashion choices.

I couldn’t control myself anymore and blurted out laughing my head off, clutching my stomach and laughing uncontrollably.

“What’s so funny?” she asked me with a blank expression.

“That hoodie is mine and I still find you attractive with shirts and khaki but the shirt and khaki are what you wear when you are working on your sculptors. The cloths you don’t mind getting dirty.”

She blushed furiously. Bowing her head down as her cheeks turned red as red as a strawberry.

“Sorry, I’ll go change.” She said turning around to head out of the kitchen.

“Hey! It’s okay. I wear your dresses all the time. What’s mine is yours.” I answered her casually.

“You’re just saying that to make me feel good.” She smiled at the ground, too embarrassed to look at me, walking towards me at the dining table.

I smiled seeing her flustered. “Have breakfast with me. I made your favorite.”

“And that is?”

“Blueberry pancake with a side of spicy rice cakes.”

“You’re kidding me right?” she asked, her face clearly disgusted.

“Nope, you have a weird appetite. It was even weirder when you were pregnant. You craved for soap. It’s a good thing I was strong enough to fight you off or our daughter would be bubbly at birth.” I laughed at myself.

“You’re kidding me.” She smiled trying to hide her laughter.

Awkward silence began enveloping us once again. I didn’t know what else to say. It was like this was the first breakfast we ever had together. She broke the silence when she said,

“So what’s routine for me?”

I stared at her thinking before I answered

“Well, for starters, you usually wake up early to make coffee and breakfast. Then you wake Seohyun for school, you prepare her cloths and backpack while I prepare her lunch box. We have breakfast and during breakfast you would always check your mail. In between which you would glare at Seohyun for playing her food. Then I send her to school while you pay the bills or run errands before you head to your studio. I can show you your studio, whenever you are ready.”

She nodded, mentally noting what I told her.

“So where is Seohyun?” she asked.

I paused a while, cautious when talking about our daughter.

“Jiyong is taking care of her for the time being while we...erm... fix us..” I said pointing to the two of us.

“She’s close to Jiyong?”

“Well, yeah. She really likes being with the boys and Jiyong is her Godfather. Chaerin is her godmother.”

She nodded, still looking down at her food.

“Well, I have to get to work. These are your keys and phone. My number is your number one speed dial so don’t hesitate to call me for whatever. Even if it’s to ask where your favorite earring is or what your favorite ice cream flavor is. I’ll pick up.”

She nodded in silence as I stood up from my seat. I was fighting the urge to kiss her like I would usually do. The lack of affection between us was seriously making me blue balls and I was missing her badly. She stopped eating and stared at me.

“What?” she asked.

“Can I at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter