Chapter 6

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hand in hand, a young man in a black leather biker’s jacket over a navy blue checkered shirt and long black jeans enjoyed the sunlit street of Samchungdong in a crisp January winter morning in the company of a little girl with brown long locks marvelously braided wearing a grey sweater over a ruffled skirt and knee high brown boots. The pair was the few visitors of the romantic street that early morning. The little girl happily skipped next to the young man. He smiled gleefully seeing the happy girl, running his fingers through his fluffy jet black hair as he inhaled the fresh morning air. Despite the cold air, it didn’t stop the little girl from enjoying her chocolate ice cream breakfast. Once in a while, they stopped along the cozy street for a picture or two. They turned around a corner and entered a flower market. Regardless of the cold winter happening outside, the market was in full flourish as the pretty flowers all around them bloom red, blue, pink, yellow and many more. Sunflowers, daisies, daffodils and roses lined outside the little booths of various florist. They were planning to surprise Sophie after breakfast.

“Daddy daddy look! Why is this flower so weird?” looking curiously and pointing at a spiked cactus only to prick her hand. She cried at full volume, seeking her father’s attention. He looked at her pricked finger and kissed the finger. The little girl stopped crying, pouting her lips that her father gladly pecked.

“So, have you decided what to get omma?” he asked.

“I can’t decide. Are there any pink sunflowers daddy?”

He laughed heartily at her, clutching his stomach.

“No, there aren’t any sweetheart. Sunflowers are yellow, like the sun, that’s why it’s called a sunflower.”

“ohhhhh” the little girl nodded as a sign of understanding his explanation.

She held onto her white puppy toy while she roamed the rows of colorful flowers, looking for the perfect flower for her mother as Seunghyun silently followed her from behind.

“Daddy!” the little girl shrieked in excitement upon seeing an adorable black and white Siberian husky puppy. The dog, surprised by Seohyun’s shriek, whimpered away pulling its owner with it. Seohyun delightfully ran following the puppy, trying to pat the puppy. Seunghyun looked on at the excitement and giggles of his little girl chasing the puppy. The owner then allowed her to pat the dog. She played with the dog for a while before she turned to her father.

“Appa appa” she cutely said to him pulling her aegyo.

Seunghyun kept a straight face, pretending not to understand her aegyo.

“You only call me appa when you want something Choi Seohyun. Don’t pretend like I don’t know your tricks.” Seunghyun said sternly covering his mouth, trying to hide his smile.

She pouted at him, her eyes wide open, exploding with cuteness. She raised her arms signaling Seunghyun to pick her up. In his arms, she wrapped her tiny arms around his neck, kissing both his cheeks. Seunghyun could help himself anymore. A wide smile was plastered over his face because of his daughter’s cute actions.

“Appa, I want a real puppy, pleaseeeeeeeeee.” She whispered in his ears.

“Maybe when you are a little bit older and more responsible then I’ll consider.”

“Why? I can take care of it I’m not a baby anymore. Please appa please.” She begged, still maintaining her puppy eyes.

“You’re still a baby. You are my baby princess.” Seunghyun said kissing her plump rosy cheeks. The little girl pouted in disappointment as she stared at the ground.

“Okay, now let’s pick a flower for omma then we have that croissant you like so much for breakfast, then we pick omma up at harabeoji’s house and take her to the toy store where you can pick whatever toy you want. How does that sound?” Seunghyun explained trying to cheer his princess.

“I don’t want a new toy. I want a new dress. A white colored dress. Like a princess dress and puff if I twirl around in it. With pink and red flowers around the neck.”

“Okay, a dress it is.”

The little girl cheered gleefully as she pecked her father’s lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 After picking a bouquet of red roses for Sophie, they stopped in front of a homely Italian café. Stepping inside, they were greeted by the wide smiles of the café waitresses. They both greeted them politely, scanning the whole restaurant for an empty table. There were a few customers, mostly couples, simply enjoying each other’s company in the corner of the café. They sat themselves by the window as they ordered their food. The little girl was staring at a couple by the corner of another end of the espresso bar. Staring confusingly at them she piped out excitedly.

“Daddy, look its mummy!”

He turned around to the direction his little girl pointed to. The couple was facing them but they were too occupied with each other’s lips. The man ran his hand on the lady’s white milky thigh, slowly but surely creeping up under her skirt. Her long fingers ruffling through his dark brown hair, caressing them sensually. They kissed passionately, getting rougher as they went on. His other hand firmly on her neck, maintaining their position as they into each other’s faces even deeper with every passing second, stopping every now and then to catch their breath. Her chocolate brown hair covered part of her face but Seunghyun was sure who they were seeing. He can bet his life on the identity of the couple. He felt his blood boiling inside him. His temper was slowly rising with every passing breath. His fist clenched, he felt the heat radiating from him as his breathing intensified rapidly. With all his willpower, he picked up his daughter and stormed out of the café without paying for their orders. Fuming with every step away from the café. He didn’t want his daughter to see him lose his temper. He inhaled the fresh air, still holding his daughter in his arm, he closed his eyes. His hands massaged his throbbing te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter