Soup

Unforgettable

September 4 2003

 

“It’s already 10. Did you take your days off, Mom? Your work begin at 8.”, asked Krystal as she saw her Mother in the kitchen drinking a hot tea from her favorites cup. Her mother didn’t notice her standing beside her Mother’s seat.

“Mom...” , she put back hand of hers on her mother’s forehead, “Hot. – wait here, I’ll take thermometer for you.”, Krystal ran off to get thermometer from her drawer and came back to measured Mother’s hot body, “Fever.”, said Krystal as she saw the thermometer’s screen shown number 39°C.

“Let me call, Father.”

“No.” ,Mother grabbed Krystal’s wrist as she stopped Krystal from calling Father, Krystal turned her head and looking at her Mom sadly, “Or I will take some medicine for your fever”.

“No.”

“Why? Or I’ll make you soup while you taking a little nap on the couch. You need some rest.”

“You don’t have to.”

“What do you want?”

“Nothing.”, Mother stood up and put the cup in to the sink then washed her hand, “Just stay away from me.” said Mother as she walked upstairs leaving Krystal alone in awkward situation

 

 

What have I done? I wish I could run

 

 

Krystal opened kitchen cabinet above her head, took out the old book, she wanted to make something delicious and yummy for her Mom, “Okay. Let’s see.”, said Krystal as she opened the list food. “Maybe something hot and healthy. – of course shiitake mushroom seaweed soup!! ”, Krystal stood up and preparing for ingredient of shiitake mushroom seaweed soup. She knew that this is the first time she made food for someone else, and she knew, she never good at cooking. But she always tries her best.

“It’s good for her body. I hope it will turn out well. Amen.”

 

SHIITAKE MUSHROOM SEAWEED SOUP

Ingredients:

  1. 6 whole dried medium shiitake mushrooms
  2. 6 cups warm water
  3. 4 medium sized pieces of wakame seaweed
  4. 1 medium onion, quartered and sliced thin
  5. 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
  6. 2 tbs* dry vegetable stock powder
  7. 2 tbs chopped dulse seaweed
  8. 2 tbs soy sauce
  9. 1 tbs rice vinegar
  10. 3 tbs minced scallion greens
  11. For garnish salt and white pepper to taste

 

*tbs = tablespoon

 

Directions:

  1. Rinse mushrooms and wakame and soak in 2 cups of warm water for about 10 minutes, or until soft. Save water
  2. Heat 1 tbs mushroom-seaweed water in medium-sized soup pot. Add onion and Healthy Sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add garlic and ginger and continue to sauté for another minute
  3. When mushrooms and wakame are soft, slice the mushrooms thin and chop the seaweed. Cut out stems when slicing mushrooms and discard. Add to soup pot along with soaking water, and add 4 more cups of water and dry vegetable stock. Bring to a boil on high heat
  4. Add chopped seaweed
  5. Once it returns to  a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes. Season with soy sauce, rice vinegar, salt and pepper. Add minced scallion and serve.

 

Souce : www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=recipe&dbid=63

 

“God, please...please makes my Mother eat this food. Amen.”

Said Krystal as she pouring a soup into bowl. She took out a small tray and put a bowl of soup on it. She also took out her Mother favorite’s glass, and filled the water in.

Carefully, she brought all those things upstairs.

 

She knocking her Mom’s door, “Mom... Can i come in?”

Mother opened the door as fast as lightning as her answered to Krystal’s questioned. Krystal smiled as she saw her mother walked to her bed and back to sleep.

“I’ve made your favorite’s soup. Shiitake mushroom seaweed soup.”

“Who told you?”

Krystal stepped back, worried.

“Oppa told me.”, replied Krystal frightened.

“He is not your Oppa. I’ve told you many times. He IS NOT YOUR OPPA. NOT EVEN ONCE! – Kyungsoo. My Kyungsoo is my child. Not you! Only him could give me a food!”,Mother’s eyes turned eyes, slowly, tears coming down to her cheeks. The scariest moment for Krystal is when her Mother’s turned red, her heart full with hatred feeling.

 

 

Krystal stumbled.

 

 

Mother walked closer to Krystal. Made Krystal stood up against the wall. She couldn’t moved her feet, her body getting cold, sweats comes out through her nose and her temples, makes her hair wet.

 

 

“And... THIS. IS. NOT. FROM. HIM! NOT KYUNGSOO!!”

 

 

 

PYAAARRR !! (sound of something fall down)

 

 

Mother grabbed the edges of tray that Krystal held, took it off roughly from Krystal’s hands and threw it down forcefully until the bowl and glass were broken.

Krystal couldn’t help herself crying, her lips trembling, she forced herself to not believe if this monster is her mother.

 

 

 

The Devil took her Mother’s soul.

 

 

 

For a moment, Krystal didn’t know why she stayed still in that spot looking at her Mother daringly.

 

 

Mother grinned with her eyes turned into Beast. Without hesitation, Krystal walked closer to her Mother, and she didn’t realized, she stepped on broken glass. She injured herself. Her body was shaking, but she must focused and strong to face this terrible monster, trying to not feel her painful foot.

 

The more she walked, the more broken glass stabbed her bare foot painfully, and it makes her want to cry. But she didn’t.

 

 

Her mother.

She scared. She stepped back as she saw her daughter walking closer with her death glare.

 

 

 

“Ah, I see. You want to go to Kyungsoo’s place, if you sick and die, you can go, right? – is it a good chance for you to meet your precious child, isn’t it?”

 

 

 

 

Krystal smirked, “I’ll make sure, you’ll get what you want, Mom.”

 

 

 

 

 


it's my sixth chapter, wdyt?

later, this story will getting weird and weird. maybe, i will change some plot. still, this story based on some people true story, but i do have to change it the plot, not the point.

and sorry for typo and my grammatical error. I'm not that good writing in english. but, at least, i'm trying my best.

 

Thanks for everyone who willing to subsribing my story and reading my story.

once again, i'm very thank you.