Urgent Surgery

Unforgettable

“HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! STOP! DON’T HURT HIM!”

“Woohoo... and the hero came right before the evil almost win! So HEROIC!”

“I said, DON’T HURT HIM!”

“What? Who are you? His bestfriend? Or his lover? – oh, I know, so you are lover, huh?”

“NO! HE IS MY BEST FRIEND. NO ONE CAN TOUCH MY BESTFRIEND!”

“How about make a deal?”

“Deal what?!”

“Everything comes with a price, right?”

“Come on, tells me, what do you want?!”

“NO, KYUNGSOO! NOOO!”

 


 

March 3 2002

 

“Where’s your brother?”, asked Mother as she brought all the foods in her hand toward dining table, “Let me help you., Mom”, Krystal taking one by one all the foods her Mother brought, she neatly arranged the food beautifully, “Did he call you?”

“Nope. Maybe he went to his friends.”,as Krystal shakes her head and  grabbed a glass of water then took a little sip.

“Try to text him – He never comes home this late.”

“Okay.”, Krystal went to her bedroom, took her cellphone while her Father was wandering around in the living room, “What happened?”, asked Mother

As Father shrugged his shoulders he says, “Nothing. I’m just worry about our boy.”

And then, the phone were ringing

 

 

 

“Good night, Doctor. We need your help in Emergency Room, right now.”

 


 

“Who’s that?”

“Emergency calls.”

“From?”

“Hospital.”

“Oh. Okay then. We will waiting for you.”

“Don’t wait me. Maybe I come late, today. – bye then.”

“Bye.”

 


 

Kyungsoo still not coming home yet. It makes Krystal worried, “I made you a chicken soup, Oppa. And now, that soup already cool.”, mumbled Krystal as she looking at a bowl of chicken soup she made for her brother. It’s already one hour her Father went to hospital for urgent surgery. Her Mother didn’t touch the foods either, waiting for her beloved person come home.

 

“I’m hungry, Mom.”

“No. Wait until your Father and your Brother come home.”

“It’s already midnight. – maybe Kyungsoo sleepover in his friend’s house. Don’t  worry about him.”

“You... really stupid kid. How could you eat those foods when nobody comes home, we always eat together.”

At least, we can eat together.”

“No. I won’t.”

 

Without realized it, Krystal already fall asleep on the couch in the living room alone. And her Mother left her alone in the house, and went directly to hospital after she got called in by her husband.

 

2 hours later (It’s already March 4 2002)

 

Krystal woke up and looking at her phone, “3 am.” as she yawning. She walked to the kitchen and sitting on the floor in front of refrigerator, she sent a message to her brother, “Where are you? I miss you. Did something bad happened? You didn’t answer my phone calls.”

 

But, no replies.

 

Krystal frustated. She already sent him a messages like for 20 times. But still no replies from him.

 

She felt lonely.

 

As she give up on texting him, unknown number called her, and she heard someone talking in husky voice and desperated, she wonder who he is, she can not hear what he said, because she knew, that person is crying over there. Only one sentence, caught her ear, “Krystal. I’m sorry.”, and that person hang up the calls after that.

 

 

 

March 4 2002

 

“MOM! DAD!”, shouted Krystal as she seeing her parents came home together, but before she went to hug them, she smells something bad happened, she hiding her suspicious face towards her parents trying to not gained attention of her parents. A part of her knew that her parents cried a lot before they got home, she didn’t know what happened before, the only thing she knew is her parents is completly mad at her. She can tells by looking at her parent’s gaze. Totally scary. But, the questions is, what mistake did she makes?

 

“YOU SON OF B**CH! THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!”

 

Mother slapped Krystal’s cheek really hard, until the red mark left on her face and the corner of her lips was bleeding. Krystal opened her eyes wide, she touched her burning cheeks, feels it! Her own mother slapped her on the face, what sin did she does until her Mother slap her.

 

Her Father speechless.

 

Krystal crying.

 

She is running toward her room, left her parent alone.

 

“Oh my God... oh my God... I slapped Krystal. Oh my God. What’s wrong with me?!”