Past: Growing Up #1

Secretly Imprinted

It only has been a month since Hana moved into Luhan's house. And Hana already felt like she's in heaven. Compared to the cardboard that she used to slept on, the bed on Luhan's house felt as soft as cotton. The food is amazing too! She never felt the feeling of hunger that she used to feel before. Her clothes are all brand new and in her room, lots of toys and plushies could be found. 

Luhan is also very nice to her. He protects her and comfort her when she's sad. He makes her happy. The light in her eyes turn brighter, and her smile became wider. 

Just like what Lay had said, Luhan has proven himself to be the most caring, protective(overly) and loving big brother anyone could ever had. Luhan's overprotectivenes towards Hana cause his friends to roll their eyes at him at least twice in an hour. "He's worse than ten overprotective naggy moms combined" Chen has said. None of the other pack members dare to disagree. 

Lay's speculation of Luhan's feelings could be proven clearly in a few occassion that has happened. The members has also witnessed the change that both of them has brought to one another. Lay was right, as Hana grew up, Luhan adjusted himself to be exactly what she needs. 

 

----------------------------------

 

Luhan makes her feel worth when she's feeling worthless.

 

When Luhan and Xiumin took Hana to the toys store about a month ago, just two days after Hana met Luhan. Hana found herself drawn to the soft hello kitty plushie in one of the stand. Luhan noticed her awed look as she looked at the fluffy toy and he smiled softly at her. He had sell the ancient coins that he kept for years to raise his bank account so he could buy everything for the girl. 

Luhan is a millionaire alright. All of the members in his pack are. They kept things from the past and sell it to museums years later to get the money they needed. One small coin from a century ago could cost more than a million won if it was sold to the right person. And Luhan has kept millions of ancient coins. He also kept ancient swords, first generation of shoes, bicycle, the very first telephones and other precious ancient things. At yesterday's night auction he has successfuly sold some first generation coins to a coin collector who paid him one hundred million won for each. The number in his bank account is enough to buy the whole toy store for Hana.

"Do you want this?" Luhan pointed to the biggest Hello Kitty doll on the counter. Hana's blue eyes shone so bright at the sight. 

"Can I? B-but..it will become dirty..." Hana's eyes dimmed. 

"What?" Luhan and Xiumin asked in the same time. 

"On-once, a little girl dropped her plushie on the street.. I hold it and she cried.. Telling her mommy that her plushie is dirty because a dirty little blue eyed girl hold it. Her mommy slapped my hand slightly and took the plushie from my hand. When they walked away, my mommy said th-that I deserve it. She said that they're right. My hand is too dirty to hold such pretty things." 

Hearing the little girl innocent revelation caused a pang to the older guys heart. This is why Hana was so cautious in the toys store. At first Xiumin and Luhan just thought that she was being shy. They never thought that it was because Hana think that she's dirty.

Xiumin looked at Luhan and he could tell that Luhan is furious at Hana's statement. Xiumin didn't blame him. Even him is angry when he heard her story, moreover Luhan, the werewolf who imprinted himself on her. Xiumin quickly grabbed Luhan's shoulder with his palm and hold it tightly when he saw the familiar tremble on Luhan's body and his unfocused eyes.

Luhan's losing control

Xiumin eyes widened in fear. No one could stopped him before when he's this angry. And no one ever tried since Luhan never lose his control before. In the pack, Luhan has the best control over his anger and his werewolf side. So this sight is new to Xiumin and Xiumin have no idea how he'll handle the situation. I need to call the others. 

But it was proven to be unecessary. When Hana slipped her hand on Luhan's and squeeze it, Luhan eyes found its focus. Xiumin watched in awe as his friend heaved a deep breath to calm himself. When Luhan finally gained his control, Luhan kneel down so he'll be eye level with Hana and hold Hana's shoulders tightly, forcing the little girl to shift her attention from the dolls to him. 

"Hana, I want you to listen carefuly to me. You are not dirty. You are worth it. You are worth every single diamonds in this world. You are priceless. You are not dirty. You. Are. No. Dirty. Don't you ever forget that." 

The look in Luhan's eyes makes Xiumin realized something. Luhan look so convinced of himself that the five year old Hana couldn't help but to believe in what he said. 

"I'm not dirty? I can touch that plushie?"

The trace of uncertainities in Hana's voice broke something in Luhan and Xiumin's heart. 

"You can have every single plushie in this whole world" Luhan said without a moment of hesitation. 

He changed. 

"You can even have every single diamonds in this whole universe" Hana heard Xiumin say next.  She looked at the both of them and the sincerity in both of the older guys eyes brought the courage in her heart as she turned around and touch the smallest hello kitty plushie with her index finger.She quickly put her hand on her back after one small touch. She observe the small doll in front of her and smiled brightly when she realized that there was no dirt in sight. She turned to Luhan and Xiumin with the brightest smile on her face.

 

"I'm not dirty!"  

 

 

-------------------------------------

 

Luhan look after her when she needs protecting. Sometimes too much. 

 

Luhan took Hana to the children's playground for the first time with the other pack members. He has succesfully gained the attention from the bystander because of his constant nagging.

"Hana! Be careful! Don't run too fast!" Luhan nag as he chased her all around.

Hana just giggled and run faster, making her way to the big slide on the middle of the sandbox. When she got there, she immediately climbed up the small stairs. Luhan was about to follow her when two hands stopped him.

"Hyung. Look at the sign. It reads 'specially made for 3-6 years old' For what I've known you're a fully grown werewolf who has the strength of twenty grizzly bears. That slide won't hold your weight."  

"What are you talking about Chen?! She's climbing there on her own! What if she fall? She could get herself hurt!" Luhan looked at Chen like Chen is the dumbest person on earth. 

"FOR GOD SAKE LUHAN THAT SLIDE IS BARELY ONE METER HIGH!" Kris who heard him, shouted at him inrediculously. 

That shuts Luhan up immediately. 

Only for a few minutes unfortunately, because when Luhan turn his attention back to Hana, she was sitting on a swing with Chanyeol behind her, pushing the swing so it'll move. 

 

"CHANYEOL THAT IS WAY TOO HIGH! ARE YOU CRAZY!" 

 

 

--------------------------

 

Luhan found a way to mend her heart even before she breaks it. 

 

When Luhan took Hana for the eleventh time to the sidewalk where he first found her so she could wait for her mom, Hana has insisted to wait for a few more hours. 

"What if she come when we already went home? Maybe that's why we never crosses path before. Can we wait for a few more minutes please?" Hana pleaded. Luhan didn't have a heart to say no to her. He never have. So they waited hand in hand.

Hours went by and just like what Luhan expected, her mom didn't come.  

Hana didn't lose her spirit though. She tug Luhan's hand and pull him to follow her as she went to circle the block. 

"Maybe she lost her way! Let's find her Luhan!" The five year old girl said excitedly, feeling good about herself to finally come up wih a solution on why her mom didn't come back to look for her. Luhan looked at Hana with pity.

How could he tell her that her mom could not possibly lost her way since the sidewalk is well known to almost everyone in town? How could he tell her that he has asked his pack members to look for Hana's mom using her scent that's left on the cardboard but none of them even found a trace of her in the area? How could he tell her that her mom is not coming back? How could he tell her without breaking her heart?

Luhan smiled sadly as he follow the younger's steps. As time goes by, Luhan could tell that she's losing hope. He could tell by how her step has slowed and how her eyes has looked down instead of wandering around searching for her mother. He could tell by how her shoulders are slumped and how her hold on Luhan's hand loosened. Every single day her mom didn't come back, he could see a string of hope that her mom would ever come back slipped from her little hand. Luhan knew very well that in the end, she's going to lose hold of all of those strings and get her heart broken. And there is nothing that he could do about it. 

As they walk on by, Luhan saw an ice cream vendor just meters away from where they stand. He stopped and tug Hana's hand to get her attention. Hana's eyes shifted from the sidewalk in front of her, to the vendor. Her eyes widened in happiness. She has never tasted an ice cream before! For a moment, Hana forgot about all of her dissapointment. She looked at Luhan expectantly with a big smile on her face and Luhan smiled back at her. 

"Let's go get ourself some ice cream" Luhan simply said and kneel down so he could carry her to the colorful vendor. Hana squealed happily and kissed Luhan's cheek. 

 

In that moment Luhan knew that even if he could not avoid the time where she get her heart broken by the realization that her mother has left her, he could still mend it. Because he'll stay. 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

I'm so sorry for the late update! I just moved into a new apartment in Singapore and the last few week has been hectic! Thank you for everyone who waited. 

welcome new readers! I hope you like my story. Don't forget to comment and leave feedbacks ;)

To the subscribers.. I CANT BELIEVE YOU ALL SUBSCRIBE TO THIS STORY THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL. ESPECIALLY THE ONE WHO UPVOTES I CANT CONTAIN MY FEELS THANK YOU SO SO MUCH @Dai-ia , @nina3132 and @ cheonjiy ! YOU GUYS MADE MY DAY 

Sorry for the crappy update and grammar mistakes.. I'll try to update a better quality chapter next time :) 

<3