Present : The Sacrifice

Secretly Imprinted

Hana is awaken by the gentle pressure on her back. Hmm... she stretched awkwardly and opened her sleepy eyes to see Luhan's bare chest in front of her eyes.

After she comforted him, again, she managed to make him sleep peacefully by letting him lay his head on top of her chest, listening to her heartbeat.  It's weird, she thought. The only thing that has succeeded in keeping him calm in his sleep after his nightmare is her heartbeat. Not anyone else. Hers.

Perhaps his nightmare has something to do with me? 

Hana scoffed at the thought, ignoring the slight ache in her chest. That's impossible. Why would he dreamed of her anyway? For all she knew, she is nothing but his little sister. 

Before she let herself overthink- it will surely ruin her day before it even started -Hana looked up to see his face. His completely beautiful, striking, attractive face. Somehow, during the night they've managed to turn both of their position completely, leaving Hana to sleep on his chest. She took advantage of his sleeping state and let her eyes wondered greedily on every inch of his perfectly sculpted face. If only... 

Hana shook her head and will herself to stop staring. But before she could completely tore her eyes away from him, she catched the slight flutter of his "sleeping" eyes. Hana giggled and teasingly poke her finger on his nose. The sound of his fake sleepy groan made her guwaffed. She then pinched his cheeks with both of her hands and tickled his neck with her nose. The smile on Luhan's face gave away his horrible acting. Luhan opened his eyes and looked at her softly, showing his sleepy smile - the girl's favorite smile of him actually - to her.

"Caught." He said. 

"You're a horrible actor." Hana said, laughing at him. Luhan playfully growled and turned their position around. He straddled her between his legs and tickled her waist.

Her shriek and laughter filled his bedroom completely.

"Stop." She begged heartily. 

"Take it back." 

"No!" 

"Then be prepared to feel my wrath!" He tickled her harder.

Hana tried to stop him with her hands but her actions went fultile. After minutes she became hysterical, laughing louder in front of Luhan. Luhan grinned wider, enjoying her torment. 

"I can't breath." She shrieked.   

Luhan suddenly stopped and kissed her on the forehead. Hana's laughter stopped completely as she looked at him in bewilderment. His eyes gazed at her with the most tender look she has ever seen. 

"I need to brush my teeth." Hana uttered quickly. Missing her panicked voice, Luhan laid back and pulled her towards him.

"No you don't. Let's sleep again." He said lightly, trapping her body between his arms. 

The feel of his body wrapped tightly around her crumbled her walls. 

"What are we?" She whispered to herself.

When his shocked expression met her eyes, she knew she has voiced out her question out loud.  

"We're brothers and sisters." Luhan quickly said, his face devoid of any emotions. Hana felt a pang in her heart as he loosened his hold around her tiny frame. 

Hana burried her face on his chest and breathed deeply, hiding her bitter smile. 

"I really need to brush my teeth." She said as she wiggled out of his arms and walked into the bathroom.

"Hana, I..."

Just like that night, Hana slammed the door behind her. 

 

 

After she finished her morning routines, Hana went outside of the toilet only to find his bedroom empty. She walked outside of his room and the smell of eggs met her nose. She leaned on the kitchen door and watched Luhan's back as he cooked their breakfast.

"Good morning." Luhan said without turning around, smelling her from the distance. 

"Do I smell good now?" Hana snickered and laughed lightly. Even without her meaning to, she felt another pang in her chest when his relieved smile met her. We'll just pretend that it never happened, just like always. Her smile hid her bitter thought.  

"Kind of." Luhan jokingly said. Hana fake her smile and shook her head in amusement.

Can she really let it go? No. Not now. Not again. 

"The food is ready." Luhan said as he put the eggs and sausages on their plates. Her favorites. 

"Thanks Luhan." Hana whispered. His expression dimmed lightly at her unexcited response. 

They ate their breakfast quietly, sensing the slight tension on the air. 

"What are your nightmares about?" Hana asked, breaking the quiet air. Just like what she expected, his posture went rigid and his spoon stopped halfway.

Hana was about to take back her question as Luhan's tortured eyes met hers, but then she remembered that she has to be strong. She deserved to know.

She's the one who has to go to his room every night to calm him.

It's not that she hate her obligations, in facts she loves it. That time is probably the only time that she could hold him tightly in her arms and tell him honestly that she never ever wanted to let go of him.

That time in the night is the only time where she can voiced out her feelings freely while he accepted her with open arms. 

"It's about my mate." Luhan whispered softly, avoiding her eyes. 

"What about her?" Hana asked calmly, trying to hide the storm that raged inside of her. Squeezing her heart tightly. 

"She died in my dreams." Luhan muttered and she could hear something in his voice breaks. 

Hana knew it's sick, but she can't help but to think of what would happen if she's the one who died in his dreams? Will he care? Probably not. 

"What does she looks like?" 

"I don't know Hana. I told you. None of the werewolves knew what their mates look like until we meet them. Her face is blurry in my dream. But it's still painful." 

"You must've love her a lot." Hana whispered, unable to hide the pain in her voice. But looking at the faraway look on Luhan's eyes, she knew he didn't notice it. 

"More than you could ever know." Luhan said softly. His stone cold face gave nothing away. Then he looked at her across the table and a hint of tenderness crossed in his hard eyes. And what's that...pain? Before Hana could be sure, Luhan stood up and turned his back on her to empty his plate on the bin. 

How long does a heartbreak lasts? Hana thought.They said that it'll last for days. But as she looked at Luhan's back and still feel the same pang in her heart, she knew that hers will never stop breaking. No matter what she did, whom she met and who'll she become in years to come, she will never be able to get over him. She will always love him for as long as she live. He's the one who taught her what love is. He's the one who saved her. 

But no matter how hard she loved him, no matter how much, he'll meet his mate in days to come. It's completely inevitable. It's absurd, she thought. They said that when a wolf imprinted on their mate, he will love them unconditionally. There will be no love on the planet that can be compared with their love.

There's a slight error in that theory, she thought bitterly. Because no one. Not even his mate's love for him could be compared with hers. 

Hana look at the man in front of her. They man who saved her, fed her and protects her for all of her life. He's the mother, father, brother and friend that she has never had.  She'll do anything for him. She owed him her life.

So she'll sacrifice her entire whole being for him. 

"I need to look for a job." 

Luhan turned around and look at her in confusion.

"What? What for? You don't need a job. I told you Hana, you can use my money. Do you want anything? Do you need anything?" 

"I want to look for my own place."

"Your own place?"

"My own house... or apartment."  

Luhan dropped the glass that he's washing on the floor, breaking it into million of pieces. 

He turned around and grabbed her shoulder in inhuman speed. Upclose, Hana could see his anxiety, confusion and fear. Before she could say anything, Luhan showered her with endless questions.  

"Wait. What? Why? Are you unhappy here? Is there something wrong with this house? Do you want a bigger room? I can build it. Or a bigger walk in closet? Or perhaps a bigger toilet? I can build you a pink toilet. Pink is your favorite color, you don't have to leave. Or perhaps did I do something wrong? Did I say something? Hana I'm so sorry I was just-" 

Hana put her hands on top of his mouth to cut him off. She looked at him tenderly and knocked her forehead with his.

"I need to leave. I depended too much on you, I need to start to learn to stand up on my own. Or how else will I survive when you finally meet your mate? And before you'll say anything about that... No. I won't stay when you finally imprinted on someone. It's doesn't feel right. And I need to give space to you and her. You guys will meet soon, I promise."

Hana looked deeply onto his conflicted eyes. She smiled slightly and moved her hand  to the side of his face. She his temple and spoke so softly. Her determination hiding away the pain.

"Yes Luhan, we're going to look for your mate."

 

 

Author's Note: 

SERIOUSLY? 161 SUBSCRIBERS? YOU GUYS MADE MY DAY!!! 

I'm sorry for the slow updates, school's an . 

Special Thanks for the Upvoters! 

-Kim_Joyce

-Aldimia

-Sonachi

-Kat_kitty

-akishun

-crystexo

-lucy_0960

-buttercup_princess

-regretmessage

-pinkyluhanniexotic 

-BabyHan

-uchiha_yrha

-QizHerA

-nouchan

-hippo_gux

-XaceX13

-Ainizzamani

-Northpole

-nurmuyassarah

-rudelysweetk21

-Krysxox

-celine9182

-tinned

-Dal-ia

-Cheonjiy

-nina3132