Sanctuary

City Lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now where are those wet wipes? I was sure I left them by my bedside table last week. And yet, it's nowhere to be seen. Uhm, what the heck? I searched frantically, and clumsily, around my room. 

Considering that I was still slightly tipsy while driving, I kept rubbing my eyes while focusing on the road. I was lucky there weren't a lot of cars tonight, or else I would have been in serious trouble. And yes, I know I should've just hailed a cab to go home with my current state. But in my defense, I am 63% sober and only 37% drunk. So I'm fine. Nonetheless, I know I shouldn't let it happen again. I guess I was just too excited. 

Anyways, back to those damn wet wipes. My mascara is heavily smudged from the rubbing, and I just seriously want to get all this crap off of my face.  I'm in my, ahem, our sanctuary. Where discomfort isn't allowed; one of our house rules.

"Wet wipes, wet wipes, wet wipes... Improvise?" I muttered while going into my washroom. I grabbed some tissue and was preparing to run it under the tap when a voice boomed throughout the entire apartment. 

"Honey I'm home!" Jiyong shouted, "And I've got a present for you!" 

Rolling my eyes, I continued with what I was doing with the tissue paper. "Yeah well, with this face, your Honey isn't ready to see you." I mumbled as I looked at myself in the mirror. So undone. And I'm gonna see Mr. I-know-all-about-what-looks-good soon. 

If you know G-Dragon, you'd know what I mean. 

"Yah, I know you're in here." He said, his voice sounding nearer than before.

"Bathroom!" I yelled back.

He chuckled. "I know." 

Working my eye with the improvised wet wipe, I faced my bathroom door. And my left eye is starting to hurt with how much I was scrubbing it. It's pretty much worthless since the tissue is all soggy now. But before I could get the chance to give up and throw the useless tissue oin the bin, he came into view. Wearing ripped jeans and the tackiest shirt I have ever seen, but only he could make it work. With his blonde hair all messy, and a eating on his face. I whimpered. Mostly from the pain in my freaking right eye that I was still unconsciously rubbing, but partly from his appearance. 

His smile disappeared almost immediately when he heard the odd sound rise from my throat, and he hurriedly rushed to me. "What's wrong?" he asked, grabbing my arm. I shook my head, refusing to answer him and continued to rub my eye. 

I probably rubbed too much because the next thing I knew, my eye was heating up and I instinctively gasped, "Ouch!"

"Taeyeon!" Jiyong said. 

"Shut up Ji, I just got a shock." I mumbled. Really, it wasn't anything to be worried about. I had no idea why he was exaggerating. But in real seriousness, I don't know why but that hurt.

"Stop rubbing, it's useless." he said, pulling my arm away from eye. I pouted as I watched him take the tissue paper away from hand and threw it away. That's when I noticed that he was holding a plastic bag on his other hand. I looked up to see him staring at me, a smirk along his lips. I raised my eyebrows at him in question. "You look like a one-sided panda, Taeyeon-ah." 

"Yah." I said warningly. 

His brows furrowed and he leaned in closer to me. "Are you drunk?" He asked after he sniffed the air right between us. I shook my head at him and pursed my lips. His eyes widened. "Yah, Kim Taeyeon! You drove home alone while you were under the influence of alcohol?"

"Okay, I'm not that drunk, first of all.." He was about to say something before I beat him to it. "And second, I just wanted to get home quickly!" 

He sighed and crossed his arms in front of him, the plastic bag still dangling from his hand. I'm really curious as to what it was inside. "You should've just called me and I could've picked you up. It's less dangerous that way." 

I raised my eyebrows at him. "And risk the chance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter