Dishes

City Lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My eyes flew open when I heard the front door close. What even? I turned to the electric clock on my bedside table and the time says 6:46. Isn't that a little too early for Jiyong? Hmm... I turned to sleep some more when I felt a rustle of a paper on my pillow. What even... Sitting up, I my lamp and check it out.

 

Was needed in the office today.
Left a plate of bacon and eggs on the table.
Eat, Taeyeon.
See you later.
xx
- Ji 

 

I tried, really tried to siftle my smile, but... D'aww. That was cute. Sighing, I placed the note on my bedside table and looked around. Well, as long as I'm already up anyways. Might as well start off my morning already. Besides, I'm famished for some bacon and eggs.

Yes.

But first, morning routine

~.~

"Kim Taeyeon!  You still haven't given any of us some answers. I swear to G-"

Delete.

"Unnie, Fany unnie told me to call you to ask you where you are. I don't have any idea why as you told us where you were off to. Your condo, right? I don't understand why Fany unnie is being so antsy and-"

Delete. 

"Taeyeon, just a reminder that you have rehearsals tomorrow for your Japan tour and you're also gonna practice new coreography for the TaeTiSe-"

Delete.

My goodness. You'd think my mini vacation would actually feel like one. Well, it does. But the moment I checked my voicemail messages, I instantly regretted it. These people... I digress.

I swear, if it weren't for that stupid slip up that day Tiffany and Sunny asked me, I wouldn't be too worried. But it happened. So now, I'm paranoid.

What if they find out? What if they track me down? What would they say?

Inhale, exhale. Repeat. 

Okay, I should be fine.

After debating it through my mind, I decided to fire up a text to the people who left voicemails on phone. For starters, Hwang Miyong ssi...

Fany, I'll see you tomorrow.
Don't be to excited. Or angry. Whatever you're feeling.
I'll let you know soon, okay? 
Love you.

Sent.

Next, my lovely Seohyun.

Maknae-ah, don't worry about unnie too much, arrasseo?
I'm fine. Ignore your Fany unnie.
She's being her usual irrational self.
Tell her to go shopping.
Take care, love.
-- Taeyeon unnie.

Sent.

Good. Okay, last one, manager oppa.

Arrasseo, oppa. 
I'm looking forward to it... almost.
See you tomorrow.
-- Kim Taeyeon. 

Sent.

Cool. Okay, that wasn't too bad. I put down my phone on the table and focused on my food. I'm at the dining table, sitting with my feet criss-crossed under my as I enjoy my breakfast. What Jiyong didn't mention on his note was that he also prepared some french toast along with the bacon and eggs combo. And I am enjoying it. Yep. 

As I chewed, my mind drifted off to Jiyong. As it usually does, lately so it seems. I wonder what he's doing right now. I hope he isn't working too hard. Did he have time to eat breakfast here or just pack some and ate along the way? I tilted my head and stared at the clock on the wall. 7:30. I wonder why he's needed in the office today? It was supposed to be his day off.

"Must've been something important." I muttered under my breath.

Oh well. 

When I finished my food, I got up and put my dishes on the sink and stared at it. Eh. I'll tend to that later. That could wait.

But Instagram can't! I gushed excitedly. In my head, of course. I hurried down to the couch, plopped down and opened my beloved app.

Scrolling time.

~.~

"A nae wangjanim! Eonji I momeul guhareo wa jusil tengayo?" I sang the adlib along the loud music blaring through the speaker as I scrub my plate with the sponge. With matching dance moves, of course. Well, an attempt to it, since I am washing dishes. 

"Enjoying yourself?" 

I jumped and yelped, frightened at the unexpected whisper in my ear. But before I could turn to look at him, I felt his arms wound around my waist, effectively caging me. 

Good thing I dropped the plate before he did that. 

"Missed me?" I felt him sniff my neck and I shuddered, feling my eyes close against my will. "You smell good." 

I laughed shakily and unconsciously tilted my head, giving him more access to my neck. 

Stupid instinct.

I felt, rather than saw, him smile. He started dropping kisses along my neck, still in that same position when he arrived. "Who knew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter