Flutters

City Lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I carefully removed the other earphone from my right ear and stared at her.

"Well?" She said, staring back at me.

Think! FAST!

"Uhm... What?" Right, Taeyeon. Acting like you don't know anything is always good.

"What 'what'?"

"Huh?"

"Yah, Kim Taeyeon!" She said, her voice increasing but not too much to wake up the other girls.

"I didn't hear what you said!" I defended. "You surprised me and I was listening to music. How was I supposed to comprehend what you were saying!" 

Yes. Good job, Taeng.

"Oh." She said, pretty convinced. YES! "Well, I asked you who Ji was and why you should cook for him the next time he sees you?" 

"How did you even no about that?" I retaliated.

She actually made a slightly embarrassed face. "I accidentally saw your text, sorry." She pressed her lips together. "But really," She grabbed my forearms, "Who is he?"

I sighed. "First of all, how are you even so sure than Ji is a 'he'? Hmm?" I asked with a straight face. Seriously though, how could she have known?

She squinted her eyes at me and started to slowly lean her face close, while mine started to move backwards. "You can't lie to me." She said, as if it was the most obvious fact in the world. "Well, isn't he a 'he'?"

"Choi Sooyoung, it's too early for your games." I nervously chuckled.

She raised an eyebrow at me, still skeptical. When the front door opened. We both jumped up in our seats from the shock. 

"Good morning, Sunshines!" Manager Oppa's voice bellowed throughout the whole unit.

"This is not over, Taeyeon." She said, crossing her arms. I just bit my lip and looked away. She sighed. "I love you, you know that right?" I peeked at her and she had her gentle Sooyoung smile on her face. I nodded. "Just, no secrets, as much as possible."

I was about to respond when Manager Oppa barged in the kitchen. "Morning girls!" He greeted us. "Where's the other seven?"

"Still sleeping, oppa." Sooyoung answered.

"And why are you up so early? It's your rest day today, so are the rest of the girls, except Taeyeon." He asked Sooyoung.

"I went to pee awhile ago but I saw Taeyeon so I decided to have a little chat." She glanced at me before turning back to Oppa and shrugging.

"Oh, I see." He answered. "Well, make the best out of your day off today, okay sweetie?"

"Neh, Oppa."

"Alright." He clasped his hands. "Taeyeon, you ready?"

"We still have time, don't we?"

"Yes, why?"

"I just have to prepare some more things."

"Why didn't you prepare it yesterday?" Oppa asked, his hands on his hips.

"She wasn't here yesterday." Sooyoung interjected.

"Where were you?" He asked.

"I was at my condo." I answered, a little too quickly for my own liking.

He looked at me incredulously. "That's funny." He said, nodding slightly, "'Cause I went there yesterday to finalize some details about today's trip but no one was answering your door."

I paused for a minute. 

Outside, I managed to do my 'Lost' face. The one where I look like I don't have any idea what's going on.

But really, I'm internally screaming and I'm also pretty sure I'm running in my head.

As much as I wanna do that, I need some damage control.

"Really? I asked instead. "What time?"

He thought for a second before answering, "Sometime around the morning. Why do you think I texted you?"

"Oh!" I exclaimed. "Yeah, I was uhm... I was out shopping. Yeah," I nodded, "I ate brunch outside too."

"By yourself?"

"By myself." I nodded solemnly.

Throughout the whole debacle, I also watched Sooyoung from the corner of my eye. And not once did she switch her gaze from me. It took everything in me to not to look back at her.

"Oh, arrasseo." Oppa nodded, rubbing his chin with his knuckles.

Don't look.

Don't look.

Okay, just one.

No.

I glanced at Sooyoung and caught her stare.

Crap.

I'm weak.

She smiled at me, a smile that says, 'I'll let this go for now because you're uncomfortable, but it's not over.'

Don't ask me how she has that.

She just does.

"Okay!" I stood up. "I'll go prepare my stuff now." I said, walking quickly to my room.

Quickly, Kim Taeyeon.

QUICKLY!

~.~

"You'll have the rest of the day for yourself." Oppa said as we exited the elevator.

"Really?" I asked asked enthusiastically.

"Why are you so perky?" He mumbled. I chuckled at that.

After almost seven years of being a SNSD member, I've gotten the hang of travelling. But oppa has always had a problem with planes. He has no problems with the flying itself, but the taking off and landing part... Sheesh. It takes him a few hours to recover. Some childhood issue.

None of my business.

We walked across the hall until we stopped infront of my hotel room. "This is where you'll be staying." He said, giving me my card which I gratefully accepted. "I'll occupy the room next to you."

I glanced to my right and sure enough, he passed by me and stopped infront of the door next to mine. "See you, oppa. Rest well."

"Thanks!" He said as I closed the door behind me. Pulling my luggage across the narrow hallway, I was greeted by a spacious living room, with glass windows as the wall, giving me a fantastic view of Bangkok. I left my luggage at the entrance and walked to the window, sighing at the sight. It was just as beautiful as I remember it. 

I toured the rest of the room and was grateful that they gave me a suite. At least I could make myself really comfortable here. As a homebo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter