Jenga

City Lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shoot.

Tables are turned. Just what the heck am I supposed to respond to that? 

Whatever.

I refuse to lose to him in this game that we've both grown to love. 

"Then go ahead." I murmured huskily, leaning up to his face. 

Something flickered in his eyes. But before I can observe what it was, it disappeared just as quickly as it came. 

"Are you sure, Taeyeon?" He whispered. His lips just literally inches away from mine. Oh my God, this is happening.

I nodded, my eyes glancing back and forth from his eyes to his lips. 

And he's leaning in. Crap. He's actually gonna do it. I closed my eyes, swallowed a bit of saliva pooled in my mouth because of the nervousness I feel, and waited.

 

...And waited.

 

 

...And waited.

 

 

 

 

Nothing.

Uhm, what the ?

 

I opened my eyes to find him staring at me with a smirk on his face. I was about to call him out for being a wimp, yet again, but he interrupted me.

In every girl's favourite way to be interrupted. 

He kissed me. Well, just my right cheek; a kiss lingered for a few seconds, and I find myself closing my eyes. Slowly, I feel him kissing his way right to the corner of my lips and stopped there. His grip on my shoulder tightened as he kept pecking the same spot over and over again. I was about to turn my face so he can finally kiss the damn place I want him to, but he pulled his head back, letting go of my shoulder in the process.

I sat up straight and moved away from him, leaving the once-was-nonexistent space between us. I turned my head to see him staring at me with hooded eyes filled with lust, breathing harshly. I doubt I looked any different from him. 

"Are you okay?" He asked with that same husky voice he had earlier.

 Keeping my gaze at him, I brought my index finger and touched my lips, tracing the shape of it. Jiyong, being the typical man he is, followed that finger with a hungry stare. 

Gotcha.

Dropping my finger down on my lap, he snapped his stare back at me. Those eyes... God help me. "Ji." I said softly.

"Was that really," he took a deep breath in between, "necessary?" 

I but my lip, shrugging. "You lost, just saying." I stood up. "You pulled away first."

"Yeah, yeah." He grumbled, rubbing his face.

"I'm gonna go first. You did lose after all." He looked up at me and nodded, all the while biting his lips. Unable to help myself, I leaned down and kissed his cheek good night. "See ya tomorrow, Jiyong." 

Cold water on my face, yes, that should do. 

As soon as I got in my room and closed the door behind me, I went straight to my washroom.

Truth to be told, if I didn't leave that room right away, there was a huge chance that I might've pounced on him. And that's just not good. 

As I did my usual hygienic routine for bed, my mind drifted. It's been always like this with Jiyong and I. I forgot how it started... Oh wait, no I don't. How could I?

It was that one night, months ago. We were home and were playing Jenga I brought on the dining table. We drank, go figure. Not too much to say that we were drunk, but not too little either to say that our faces didn't heat up. It was just right. We knew what we were doing.

Anyway, it was a rainy night. Chilly outside, but the electric fireplace was keeping us warm. Jiyong and I were both in our PJs, drinking and just hanging out. It was a fine night. But somehow, with our mentality at that time, the atmosphere somewhat dared us to be bolder. So we made the decision that once the player is pulling out their Jenga block from the tower, the other would ask the player an uncomfortable question that would, if lucky, distract them while playing. Thus losing. After the first round of the most random questions like, 'How big do you think is a Kangaroo's pouch is?', our questions got bolder with the desire to win.

It went from weird, bizarre questions to oddly intimate ones. It varied from questions like, 'Where was your first kiss?' to 'How much do you get off in a week?'. Anything, to distract the both of us. 

But the thing that stepped up our relationship is when we were in the middle of our break, and Jiyong suggested that we should play Are You Nervous instead of twenty questions while playing the game. At the time, I was already so used to him putting his hand around my waist when we go out, or massage my hand while we're just watching TV. Skinship was normal to us since we've grown so comfortable and we just really trust each other. So, I agreed. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter