Wine

City Lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What is that store, anyway? Is it new?” Sooyoung asked as she flipped the pages of the menu, “Kyungho oppa wanted to go there, but frankly it looked shady.” She pursed her lips and continued to read over the list of various food presented at the restaurant.

I bit my lip, trying to stifle my laugh, shaking my head.

But deep inside, I’m screaming. She’s stalling, I knew that. Trying to make me more nervous then I really am.

She’s gonna ask. I’m sure. She will, but she’s stalling.

“Should we just order the wine and cheese platter?” She looked at me, her eyes sparkling. She’s obviously enjoying this. She knows I know. Damn.

“Sure.” I smiled. Not gonna get to me, Sooyoung-ie.

After we set our orders, we talked about the upcoming concert, the outfits and how she proposed different ideas once again, running it by through me first before going to the company.

 

 

Time passed and the food came, we’re still talking. I’m still nervous, she’s still talking. Until…

“We’re gonna be so busy for quite a while, huh.” She mused, dabbing the corner of the corner of her lip to remove some leftover cracker bits.

“I know. I’m gonna miss sleeping.” I said as I took a bite of a triangular cheddar cheese.

“Is that the only thing you’re gonna miss?”

I coughed, the cheese getting stuck in my throat. She just stared at me with her eyebrow raised as I downed the rest of my wine. “Excuse me?” was the best I could come up with.

“I just asked you a question, Taeyeon-ah.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

She scoffed and shook her head. “Yah, I’m giving you a chance here before I annoy you for days about it. And you know how I can be when I’m persistent…”

Unfortunately, I did.

It .

“What do you wanna know?” I asked quietly.

She smiled triumphantly and asked, “Who is it!?”

I looked at her innocently. “Who is who?”

“Who is Ji?”

“Who is who?”

She slammed her hand down the table. “Yah, Kim Taeyeon.” She widened her eyes at me, letting me know that she is in fact on to me.

“Okay!” I said, raising my hands up in surrender. She folder her arms on top of the table and looked at me expectantly. “Ji…”

“…..yes?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ji is my friend.”

 

Do you know those animated/cartoon things where the character’s insanely happy and hopeful face suddenly drops? Choi Sooyoung’s face was exactly like that.

“I figured that out,” She said accusingly. “But who is he? What’s his name?”

I pursed my lips. “Why do you need to know?”

“Because I’m Choi Sooyoung.” She smiled, as if that itself is the explanation to everything. “I’m your friend, and I’m one of the members of the girl group you’re in. I’m in a happy relationship with my boyfriend,” She leaned forward, “And I can help you with hiding this. To make it easier for you.”

I laughed nervously, “To make what easier for me?”

She sat back on her seat and grabbed a cheese triangle and took a bite. “Don’t think I didn’t know you c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter