Yours

City Lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"But she assumed that we were dating."

He stayed silent at that. 

"Ji..."

"Would there be something wrong with that?"

I... didn't know what to say. I just stared at him, his side profile as he drove. His jaw was clenched, as if he's waiting for the worst to happen. Which, I really don't know. Did he mean.... what I think it means?

Funny, for the past few days, I have idly wondered what it would be like to actually be with him, you know? As his girlfriend. And now that he just told me, well, he didn't really tell me the exact words but the same message was implied, I think. 

Man, I don't know what to think.

Am I assuming stuff?

 

What just happened, really?

 

"You're being awfully quiet." He said in a low voice, breaking me out of my trance.

I didn't realize that I was still staring at him, and I wasn't talking. Well, that combination, it doesn't look too good.

Fix it, Taeyeon!

"I..."

Good job, you little . 

Ugh.

"You don't have to say anything for now." He added quietly. "It was just a thought."

You have no idea, Jiyong.

I want that thought to happen in reality!

"Right." I said.

What. The. .

What is wrong with me!?

I faced forward and clasped my hands tightly infront of me.

The car was filled with silence, except for Ginger's quiet whimpers at the back. It was as if he was sensing the sudden tension in the car, he decided not to intrude and just stay quiet.

Sigh.

On the other hand, I still haven't felt Jiyong relax beside me. And I could just feel guilt filling my entire body. I knew what I wanted to say. I know that I want him. And yet...

"I'm taking you home." He said in the same quiet voice and the next thing I know, he heads for U-turn.

Crap, Taeyeon. Fix this.

"Wait," I said, grabbing on his shoulder, "Don't."

He glanced at me and sighed. "No, it's okay."

"I said no, Jiyong!" I exclaimed, surprising him and causing the car to swerve a little. He looked at me with his mouth agape. Heck, even I was surprised. "Just, don't turn around and just pull over there at the side." 

He refused to say anything but did what I said. Thank you, lucky stars because there aren't too many cars in this street.

I swear when I'm with Jiyong, there aren't too many people around. It's as if fate is giving it to us.

When we stopped, we just sat there. Both of us waiting for someone to talk. Which is most likely to be me, since I caused this damage, obviously.

I sighed and faced my body towards him. "Look, Jiyong..."

"I know, Taeng." He interrupted me. "I'm sorry."

My brows furrowed. "What?"

"It was stupid. I mean, I thought it was mutual. Apparently not." He looked at me with a sad smile on his lips. "Obviously not."

"Will you shut up and let me speak for a second?" I said, really agitated now. 

He nodded and motioned for me to go on. "Floor is yours, though I already know what you're gonna say."

Ignoring his remark, I decided to go on. "For the past few days, I've been thinking a lot. Like, a lot." I chuckled nervously. "And, honestly it's been bothering me. When I do something else, somehow, that thing still manages to sneak in and invade my entire train of thought. It's annoying. And now that you've said," I looked at him pointedly, "What you said, I felt like everything came to a halt."

He stared at me. "What are you trying to say?" 

"What I'm trying to say is... It wouldn't be a bad idea at all." I smiled at him.

He tilted his head sideway and stared, as if he's trying to read my face. "So..."

I have no idea why, but my face felt like it was on fire. I looked down and stared at my lap, fiddling at the end of my cardi. "I like you." I mumbled under my breath.

Silence.

I heard no reply from him. 

Oh , did I ruin it?

I took the risk of taking a peek only to find him staring at me. Only, it wasn't the Jiyong that held a sad demeanour in front of me. Instead, it was the Jiyong that I've always known. Jiyong who holds a beautiful smile, eyes dancing as if he has no worries. 

I was about to smile back at him when suddenly, he interrupted me. "I didn't hear you."

My eyes widened and my mouth parted. "Wait, what?"

"I said," he rolled his eyes, "I didn't hear what you said." I still stared at him.

"But-" I sputtered, "But, you were.... You were smiling and... You..." I stopped with my ramblings when I stared intently on his face. It was as if he was trying not to laugh.

This jerk.

"Yah!" I exclaimed and slapped his shoulder.

He laughed and flinched at my attack. "What?"

"That was mean." I pouted and crossed my arms.

"Awe," he cooed, unbuckling my seatbelt. And suddenly, he was grabbing at my arm then pulling me into a hug. "I just want to hear you say it again."

"No." I said, my face tucked on the crook of his neck, still not uncrossing my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter