Thankful

City Lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Don't forget to read the Author's Note down below! Announcement on that one. :) Thanks!}

"I'm hungry, oh my God.

That's it, I don't want to just sit here. 

"Okay, Ginger," I said as I stood up, "I know we just got here but Umma is really hungry, okay? So we need to go." He stared at me, still sitting down... Wiggling his damn tail at me. I put my hands on my hips and continued "Now, I know you just sat there, but I need to have breakfast, okay?" He tilted his head at me. "Now, let's walk around in hopes to see a cafe nearby, okay?"

I probably looked like a complete idiot, actually having conversation to a dog, in other people's eyes. But, I love my dog. 

So screw other people.

I untied his leash and we began walking around again. Dressed In a white cami,  my dark blue cardigan, big sunglasses and black leggings, no one seemed to notice me. Good.

I loved blending in.

After a few minutes of walking around, I found a small shop with barely any people inside. Actually, it's not a shop. It's more like a... Cafe slash bakery?

Luckily, there weren't any signs on the door that says 'No Pets Allowed' or something similar to that account. So I walked in and I thank all of heavens that Ginger wasn't a fussy or too-excited dog unlike other kinds. So when we waked in, he just stood there and stared at the display of various desserts by the counter.

This places gives off such a warm vibe. Well, I guess I found my new go-to place! If not for the you know... Dorm, apartment or the house. Hehe. 

Fun.

There weren't too many people inside that I was comfortable enough to remove my sunglasses. Walking towards the cashier, I felt my stomach rumble once more as I read the menu board. 

"Good morning," the perky, maybe-16-ish girl said behind the counter, looking at the cash register, "What would you l--" Her words cut short when she finally lifted her eyes and saw who she was speaking to. Her jaw went slack and her eyes widened. Uhm, right.

I smiled timidly at her. "Hi."

"Oh m--" She started, "You're Kim T--, I just... I mean... So Nyuh Sh-" 

"Yeah uhm," I interrupted her stutters, "I'd really like a plate of waffles, please."

Goddamn. I'm so hungry, I can't even think of anything else.

She stared at me after a mere 5 seconds, but what felt like 5 minutes because of how hungry I felt, like oh my gosh. 

Impatiently, I snapped my finger infront of her, which seemed to break her out of her daze. "Listen, I'm really sorry. But, the waffles? Please?" I begged quietly. "I'm insanely hungry."

She began nodding so quick, I almost felt dizzy for her. "Neh, of course." She started tapping on her screen, "Right, waffles. Would that be all?"

"Uhm, for now, yes." I answered quickly.

"If there's anything, anything, you need," She said just as quickly, "Please, just let me know. I'm a big fan of you and the girls, Kim Taeyeon ssi." 

I felt myself soften up. "I'll tell you what," I leaned on the counter, "You give me those waffles as quick as you can, and I'll sign an autograph for you, okay?" Her eyes lit up and she nodded enthusiastically. "Add in a milk tea with that as well. I'll sit upstairs, which, there aren't many people there, right?" She shook her head. "You won't tell anyone I'm here, right?" She shook her head again. Okay, so this girl won't talk. "Okay. Start up a tab for me."

"A... tab?" The girl finally asked with a confused tone.

"Yes, please." Wow, there's no people coming in. YES.

"Uhm... okay...?" She said hesitantly.

"I know, you're not doing this here and I need to pay here on the counter," I started, "But really, I feel like I could eat a feast. Just give me the waffles for now, and I'll call you up when I want more, okay?"

"Uhm, how would you call me up?"

I thought for a minute. "Good question," I nodded, "Uhm..." I looked around. It's not like I can give her my phone number. Think. Fast. I looked at Ginger. "Ginger!" I exclaimed.

Boy, I'm really thankful there's barely any people inside.

"Excuse me?" The girl asked.

I picked Ginger up from the floor and she settled in my arms. I'm so thankful that my pup knows how to behave, I swear. I turned to the girl. "This dog," I started, "His name is G-"

"Ginger! Of course." She interrupted me. "The famous dog of Kim Taeyeon. I know her, of couse."

"Him," I interjected.

The girl was taken aback for a minute before she quickly composed herself, "Right, him. I know him, yes. I didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter