Nature

City Lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How can nature be so peaceful?

Seriously.

It's like an automatic reaction for a human being to just breathe and stay calm when they're at the presence of nature.

And with a job like mine, I cherish every moment I can be like this.

"Here you go." Jiyong said, handing me the can of soda he opened for me.

"Thanks."

"So, what time are you leaving tomorrow?" He asked after he sipped from his can.

I drank from mine before answering him. "Around 5:30."

"AM?"

I smiled and looked at him. "Yes, Ji. AM."

He pursed his lips before nodding. "What time s'your flight?"

"Erm... 8, I think."

His brows furrowed. "Then, why do you have to leave so early?"

I blinked at him. "I'm going to the dorm to fix my stuff and manager oppa will meet me there. We'll head off to the airport from there."

He nodded, humming as he went.

None one spoke for a while. I felt as if we were both processing what I just said.

Sigh.

Well, while the silence is here... Might as well...

I took out my phone and opened Instagram. From the corner of my eye, I see Jiyong looking at me curiously. I took a snapshot of the trees in front of us and showed him. 

"There. Pretty, right?" I said, still looking at the phone.

"Definitely." I smiled at his tone and glanced at him, only to do a double take when I noticed that he wasn't looking at the phone, but at me. 

"Hey." I chastised him, glaring at him playfully. He only smiled and winked at me. I chuckled and shook my head. "Whatever." I mumbled, switching my focus to my phone.


                

'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder', they say. The calmness before
the rush that is tomorrow. I wanna stay like this for awhile. 

 

"Posted." I muttered. I chuckled because not even a minute has passed since I posted it, and my Sones are already commenting and liking it. I smiled as I saw the notifications basically explode on my phone.

"What are you smiling about?" Interrupting my reveries, Jiyong gently nudged my side.

I looked at him with a genuine smile on my face. Though, I feel like everytime I'm with him, my smiles are always genuine. "Life."

He chortled at that. "Right." He took out his phone and fiddled with it. I looked at my phone again and watch my Instagram notifications go. Sones are cute, I swear.

"The Instagram post you did was lovely." he said in a soft voice. I turned my head back and he is staring at his phone. "I would like it but..." He trailed off, lifting one side of his mouth.

"I understand." And I do. Really. If G-Dragon likes Kim Taeyeon's post on Instagram... Yikes.

Welcome to our world.

It's fun.

Sighing, he stood up and held his hand out for me. "Shall we go, m'lady?"

I smiled at him and took his hand, "Why of course, kind sir."

And with our hands intertwined in the middle of us, we walked around the seemingly almost-empty park. Again, it amazes me how we aren't recognized. Then again, we're just surrounded by elderly people who went there for their own alone time. Why should they care about two adults walking hand in hand? For all they know, we were just like the other couples in the park.

Funny.

~.~

"Thanks." I said as Jiyong held the door open for me when we entered the threshold.

Home.

Hmmm...

"Want to eat," he hung his key at the key rack on the wall, "Or do you wanna go and get ready for bed already?"

"Uhm," I started, removing my flats, "I think I'm gonna go with food."

No way was I going to sleep on the last night I have with Jiyong.

Well, it's certainly not the last. Definitely not. But my last night before we don't see each other for who knows how long again. Sigh.

"Fantastic, baby." He said, pulling my arm and heading straight to our living room. He then began removing all the contents of the brown paperbag and started placing it on the table. We stopped over a McDonald's drive thru and ordered a bunch of junk. Perfect way to spend the night, if you ask me.

I grabbed the remote and took off my sling bag as I sat on the couch. I flipped and flipped the channels until I settled on a channel with a somewhat, and hopefully, good movie on the screen. "Have you watched this before?"

He got back from throwing away the paperbag in the trashcan at the ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter