Chapter 7

The Hottie Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

CHAPTER 7

 

“Boo, be a good boy!”  I smiled widely before I closed the door behind me. It was evening when I feel so damn bored. I had no food or even ingredients in the refrigerator, so I thought I have to go the supermarket, buy some food supplies and all. But then again, I need some refreshing after the pile of works so I went out to take some walk.

I was headed out when I found myself face to face with Kris once again. It was pure coincidence. He was coming up the stairs as I went down.

“Oh,” I raised my eyebrows, He grinned at me.

“Oh, Tao”

I giggled a bit, “We should stop meeting like this!” I exclaimed but laughed anyway. He did the same too.

“Definitely! So have you considering my offer?” he asked.

My eyebrows knitted together, “Eh? Which offer?”

“The breakfast. Should we grab some together?” He said, leaning to the wall.

“Ah, that offer..” I remembered now, “Maybe we can work out some kind of schedule, it’s evening by the way.” I joked around. I shifted my weight from my leg to another.

“Not right now, you silly,” He took a step of stair until he was the same height as mine. Without any warning he pinched both of my cheeks, “Uggh you’re so cute. Where are you off to tonight, huh? I seem to catch you when you’re leaving.”

My heart started to beat faster right now. I grab both of his hands, “Uggh, my cheeks!” I yelp and he release me, “Well, I'm headed somewhere very fancy.” I held my chin up.

He pretended to think as he studies me, “You’re going to art class!”

“Hmmph, very funny.” I punched his chest lightly, “I'm just gonna take a walk or grab some decent food maybe.”

He grinned at me and I smiled back.

“With your friends?” He asked.

I shook my head as a no, “They’re seemed busy with their new catch up crushes.”

“You’re heading alone? Oh that’s reminds me, what’s going on with our friends?” All I can feel is a flutter at my belly when our eyes met.

“Umm, I can tell you that my hyungs were quiet taken with your friends. Did you know they’re all going to the jazz music festival next week?” I said. They’re not even asked me if I want to come or not.

“I heard that. Jongin gets tickets every year. Are you coming too? I thought you like jazz.”

“Well, yeah, but guess they want to do double dates or something. They’re not bother to invite me in.” I shrugged.

“Felling left out, aren’t you?” he chuckled, “Did you know they’ve been going out on double dates all week?”

“Yeah I know. Are they invited you?”

“Nah, even though they did, I can't go either.”

“Ohh I see. Well maybe we all can go somewhere next week after their dates?” I bit my lip nervously at my bold action. It’s all for the peace...

“I’d love to, but I told you I can't. I’m heading overseas. Leaving tomorrow, actually.”

My eyes widen. I tossed away the disappointed feeling that started to grow inside me, but I’d say he looked pretty disappointed too when he said that.

“Oh? For a shoot?” I said and soon realized my mistake. I’ve been collecting information from Suho hyung lately. I glance at him, knowing his smirk came back to the surface.

“A shoot? Checking up on me, huh you panda?” He pinched my cheeks again, with a strength this time. I yelp in pain.

As soon as he released me, I fell my face go from pink to a bright red as tomato. “Suho hyung mentioned what you do for living. And umm, I noticed the pictures in your apartment. You know when Boo chasing your cutie Chinese guy..” I trailed off.

He seemed to shift his weight a little and chuckled, “You’re Chinese. And cute too, you know that?”

I don't think my face could get any redder, but my face stared to heat up. These blush need to stop! “But I'm not yours!”

“I never said he was mine either.” He whispers as he leaned closer. The closer he get, the lower I put my head down. He knocked my head playfully, “You noticed my pictures?”

I looked up right away and smile bright, “I did. Those are great!”

He cleared his throat, “I thought you didn’t see those pictures.”

“So, where are you headed? Overseas I mean.” I saw he was a little bit blushing, noticed his face were nowhere near my face.

“Oh umm, Bali, Indonesia. Shooting the tropical beach and their culture.” He answered, bringing his gaze to mine.

I mentally giggled, it was nice to see him a it flustered, “Bali? Whoa, I never have been there before. Well, better bring me back a Bali’s bracelet then.” I joked around.

“Bracelet? Noted! Anything else?”

Whoa I didn’t expected this kind of answer.

“I was just joking around, Kris” I laughed.

“No, no, I was planning to bring back something good anyway.”

“Umm, just be here safely then.” I smiled at him. Oh wait, I have no intention of flirting or something.

He laughed then ruffed my raven hair, “I will. You better learn some Bali traditional dance when I come home!”

“No way! Why would I?” I cried and started laughing at the lunacy of this conversation.

“HAHAHAHA,” he laughed out loud and ruff my hair faster, “Augh, you cute little thing!” he said stepping a little closer.

“Hey! Stop that!”

Just then I heard steps on the stairs below. “Kris?” A voice called up. He leaned back, away from me. Both of us looked down and realized it was the girl Kris had sleep with on the first day, the masochist.

“Oh hey, Chaerin.” He called down.

Before she could step upstairs, her cellphone ringing and say she’ll take it for a minute. I take chance to ask Kris, “A harematte?” I said softly and regretted it after that. Me and my stupid mouth. Please don't angry!

“Stop it. She had a hard day at work and we’re heading out to a movie. That’s it” he smiled sheepishly at me. I mentally sigh in relieve.

A moment later, Chaerin joined us. I muffed a laugh as I smiled at her.

“Chaerin, this my neighbor, Tao,” Kris said. “Tao, this is Chaerin.”

I know you I talk to myself and offered my hand. She looked curiously between Kris and me.

“Hi, nice to met you.”

“You too, Tao. You’re the one with the dog?” She asked, batting her eyelashes. I looked at Kris and he shrugged.

“Umm uh, yes that’s me!”

“Oh I also have a female dog. I hope yours are the male ones. If so we should meet up our dog someday!” She chirped.

“Uhh yeah mine is male. T-that’s a great idea.” I laughed awkwardly.

We all stood for a moment, and it was beginning to get a little awkward.

“Okay, umm I'm off to go! Kris, have a safe trip and I’ll tell you the gossips from the new couples when you get back.”

“Sounds awesome. I’ll be gone for a while, hopefully they wont get in too much trouble.” He chuckled as they started up the stairs.

“I’ll keep my eyes on them. Nice to meet you again, Chaerin.” I said headed down. “Uhh, bye”

“You too, Tao. Have a good evening!” Chaerin said.

Once I'm stepping down, Kris called me before I gone to far, “Tao!”

I looked up, “Yes?”

“Be carefull. You better call someone to accompany you.”

“Thanks, but I'm gonna be okay.” I nodded and waved.

As I walked down the stairs, more slowly than necessary, I heard she say, “Panda boy’s soooo cuteeee! You have a good eyes, Kris”

“Shut it, Chaerin!” He fired back.

I rolled my eyes as fasten my step.

 

~

 

“I’ll have a vodka martini, please”

The bartender got to work as I looked around the crowded restaurant, taking a break from work and the couples. After nearly two weeks of hearing these fabulous couple dates, I’d agreed to join their dates later. But tonight, I went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter