Chapter 6

The Hottie Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6

 

Monday morning, bright and early. Suho hyung came to my office, popping his head on my door with a bright smile upon his face.

“Knock knock,” he called. He was as bright as my Monday morning. I smiled when he step forward towars me.

“Morning hyung. Ummm coffee?” I offer.

“No, thank you. Oh what a beautiful flower you have here.” He smiled when he saw the new flowers in the vase on my desk. This week I’d chosen daisies. “Did you see, Yunho have added a home theater? I knew they’d come around.” He said as he settled herself in the chair across from me.

“Yeah, he has been asking me to design it. Oh and Luhan hyung is coming over for dinner tonight. We’re hoping to finalize the plans for the new closet system he’s designing.” I sip my milk.

“You help him design it?”

“Sort of,”

Suho hyung just continue to smile. I wonder if I had something stuck in my face. “Did I tell you I got the glass company to give me a deal on the pieces I ordered for the store I’ve been working on?” I forged ahead. “It’s going to be beautiful. I think we’ll use time again.” I’m smiling hopefully.

He sighed and leaned forward with a grin on his face.

“What? You don't like the idea or what?”

“Pff, I’m here not to talk about work,” he waved his hand.

“So?”

“I’m waiting for you to tell me about your neighbor, Mr. Wu. Or should I say Kris the hottie next door?” he laughed, finally saying what he want to say in the first place. He’s giving me a look that I’m-not-going-anywhere-until-you-tell-me-everything.

“Kris? First of all, you can't tell me that. I didn’t know anything about him. Besides, why didn't you tell me about him?” I inquired.

“Hey, I didn’t know Kris lived there. Yixing never told me where he lived before. Besides, even if I know, I wouldn’t know he will be so noisy in the middle of the night,” He tempted, grinning again.

I puffed my face, “Oh, you and your matchmaking. Kris said you had mentioned me to him before. HAH busted!”

“Wait, I had no idea he was so... well, active. I would never have suggested you if I’d known he had so many partners, or girlfried,.....or boyfriend. Maybe Yixing know, but it’s their thing, I guess.” He replied.

I leaned forward now, “He told me he is Yixing ge’s cousin. Is it true?”

“Well, maybe you know, Kris isn’t originally form Korea. He grew up in China and moved to Canada because his mom was remarried. Yixing has known him most of his life--- he was there through his hard time when the divorce came. He’s kind of watched out for Kris—favorite big brother and all.” His face growing soft.

“So Yixing ge is a family then?” I asked.

“Yes, he is Kris’s father’s brother’s adopted son. That was.. Complicated. Though Yixing is not really close with the entire family, but he was very close with Kris and his father. I mean his real father.”

“But now? What about Kris’s mom?” I pressed.

“Well, after the divorce his father died in a accident. He was still in junior high school back then and really looked up to his dad. Kris blames his mother for everything. And no, Yixing’s not that close with Kris’s mother.” He shrugged.

My hand flew to my mouth, “Oh my God,” I whispered. I feel so sorry for someone I barely knew.

“Yixing was there the whole time until Kris was forced to moving out with his mother to Canada when he was in the second year of high school. Kris refused, he wanted to stay with Yixing and his father’s family in China, but he can't because he was still had legal parent as a guardian. Besides, his mother said, Yixing and him has no blood relations and his father’s family was a.. You know no longer a family to him. It was really complicated, as I said.” He replied.

We were quiet for a moment, lost in our own thoughts. I couldn’t imagine if I were him. He was too young to stand up for his own.

“After he moved to Canada, he still keeps in touch with Yixing through e-mails or sometimes Yixing visited him. When he graduated from his university, he decided to go back to China, where Yixing was--- Because he was in a bad state of relationship with his mother, maybe until now. But that time, I and Yixing already knew each other and he was in the middle of moving in to Korea. Kris thought following him here might gave him something new for his life, so here they are.” She continued after a moment, “Yixing helping him with the stuff he needed to live here, including the place he’s living now. He refused to live with me and Yixing.” Suho hyung chuckled a bit.

I smiled at the image of Yixing ge doing everything he could do to help him. “I think it was his best decisions to live in Korea. You know, get away from everything.” I said, wondering how would I  deal with something like that.

“Mm-mmm. I think Kris saw the chance and he took it. Knowing Yixing was close by if he needed anything.” He added, “That’s how I know Kris. He is a good guy, Tao. Put the banging and his -partners aside.”

“Yes, you’re right.” I mumbled, feeling disappointed with myself with the judgment I threw at him. He’s right though, I didn’t know anything to say he’s an .

“I hope you get to know him a little better.” He said with a grin, he’s being a matchmaker once again.

“Slow down there. We finally called a peace, that’s all. But I can say, despite his attitude, he was a gentleman.” I laughed.

“See!?” Suho hyung jumped in excitement.

“Wow hyung, calm down,” I put my hands up.

He got up and walked to the door, “You will like him once you know him better. And I’m looking forward for that” he said, showing his white perfect teeth once he reached the door.

I shook my head, “Is that all why you came here? You’re not gonna tell me about work?”

He looked up for a bit, pretending to think, “Nope, I trust you if it was about work. You’re my favorite employee remember?” he laughed and walked out sassily.

 

~

 

“So we know the floors in the bedroom are going to be changed, honey-toned wood, but are you sure want carpet in the entire living room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter