Chapter 11

The Hottie Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 11

 

I sat in my office, gazing out the window. It was one tiring day, to be honest. I rolled up my shirt-sleeve with two button up opened, not to mention that my raven hair is now messed up. I took a few moment to take a breath before going back to the list of things to in front of me. And it wasn’t a small list either. I need to finished my work for this week as soon as possible so I can enjoy myself in Jeju next Friday.

This was the first day of the week and I had lots of things to do. One of my clients just called me minutes before that I need to run to his house. The renovation was already most complete, but there was a few things that actually I have to see. Also, I had a meeting with new client, and on top of that, I had a folder full of invoices to go through. Basically, today was packed. Really.

But still, I gazed out the window. My mind traveled back to Kris. And for a good reason. Pipe explosion, the stories, and not to mention the non-stop texting after that about he wants more apple pie and all. Then, last night, he played Mario’s Let Me Love you. He even Knocked on the wall to make sure I was listening.

I put my head down on the desk and banged it a few times to see if it helped. I had to admit, I have a crush on him.

“You know what, maybe you need a distraction.” 

I looked up and found Suho hyung walking towards me with a pile of document on his hands.

“I am distracting myself.” I sighed and let him sat across me.

“Yeah I can see that. Smiling like crazy and banging your head after that. I can totally see that. Mind to share?”

“Uhh-huh, I really want to share this,” I pointed all my work with by wiggling my index finger “With you.”

He raise his eyebrows and smile, “You know I still have lot things to handle, right? I know you can do that. You’re my best employee remember?”

“Whatever hyung,” I rolled my eyes, “So, what’s bring you here?”

“I need you to check this for me and make an analysis report.”

My jaw drop as I eyed the documents that he just put on my table. “Hyung, don't you think  all of these are not enough for me?”

“You don't have to finish all of these this week. I'm not that evil you know.” He chuckled.

“Thank God you’re sane enough. Okay, I’ll try to finish it this week. I don't want my weekend ruined by work.”

“Speaking of weekend, Kyungsoo called me yesterday. About the Jeju thing.”

I lifted my head and give him a cheeky smile, “Are you and Yixing-ge are coming, too?”

“I would love to, but I can't. Yixing and I are going to Netherlands.”

“Are you serious!? Wow!”

“I thought I already told you, Tao.”

“No, you didn’t.” I pouted.

“Yes, I did. I'm getting married in Netherlands, I told you that before.”

My eyes widen and realized that my boss is getting married this weekend. I rose from my seat and give him a warm hug, “OMG hyung! I swear you didn’t tell me before but, congratulations!!!”

He hugged me and pulled me back, his face was bright. I'm glad he’s finally getting married with Yixing ge. “Thank you. The celebration party will be held here after that. Maybe a couple weeks after.”

“I'm so happy for you hyung!! Though I really want you and Yixing ge to join us this weekend. But, really, this is the best!!”

He laughed happily and eyed me, “And by the way, I already told Kyungsoo, you guys could use my Mansion in Jeju. The location is perfect. You guys would love it!”

I suddenly choked on my saliva in shock, “Oh no, hyung. You don't have to. That is too much!”

His hands grabbed mine and giving me a deadly wink after, “I insist. In addition, my soon-to-be brother in law will come too. I want you and him have a great time.”

My cheeks blushed deeply at this. I don't know what Kyungsoo hyung said to him, but he seemed to know what happened. “We all gonna have a great time hyung. But thank you, this is really kind of you.”

“Before that, that is something I have to tell you, Tao” his face suddenly become serious and hard.

I gulp, this is something serious if his face suddenly become like this. The last time he’s giving a hard look, it was terrifying. I made a huge mistakes in the meeting. I shivered a bit.

“W—what is it hyung?”

After a minute of silence, his face softens, “I’ll tell you tomorrow. You should finish you things.”

He gave me a small smile before went outside, leaving me confused in my office. However, whatever it is, it must be something serious. I choose to shrug it off and back to my job.

 

~

 

That night I ended up exhausted and tired. I left my office around 8 and it was quite late, but it’s okay though, I almost finished everything. I need a rest. Well actually, I need to have fun. What kind of fun I could get around this hour?

I sighed as I climbed the stairs to my apartment with my mouth cursing to whoever design this apartment. They didn’t put an elevator here.

“Tao?” He called down to me. I don't have to see him to know who it was. I know that voice everywhere.

I grinned and continued up the stairs, “Hi, Kris.” I called up.

“You’re home late,”

“What? Are you watching my door now?” I laughed, rounding the last landing and staring up at him. He was hanging over the railing. He looked hot by the way.

“Yep, I'm here waiting for food. Fed me, Taoooo~” He whined cutely and make pouting face I never see before.

“You’re crazy, you know that?” I climbed the last stair and stood in front of him.

“I’ve been told. Hmm you smell nice,” He said, leaning in.

“Did you just sniff me?” I asked with a red face.

“Mmm-hmm, very nice.” He suddenly wraps his arms around my waist and leaning over to my neck. “I love the way you smell.”

At the very moment, I forgot how to function my body. For God’s sake, I just admitted that I have a crush on him and now, he’s sniffing my scent by burying his face on my neck. How am I supposed to do!?

“Uuuhh, I don't think I smell nice. I probably sweating because of climbing those stairs and—“

“And smell of hard work. You smell great when you’re all sweaty,” He finally back off but hands still on my waist. “Thank you for the hard work.” And he smiled widely.

“I—I.. Wait, are you always flirting to other people with lines like that?” I take a small step back, just to take a breath. Because seriously, he was too close.

“It’s not a line. You do smell great.” I saw him smirking and wiggling his eyebrows.

“Uhh Thanks..?” I dazed a bit but shook my head after that, “But I, uuh I haven’t make you another apple pie, I'm sorry. Things got crazy today. But I can cook you something” I offer.

“Really!? Great! Oh, wait here.”

He dashed back into his apartment while I was just standing confused. Seconds later he came back a bottle of wine on the other hand. He grinned widely at me, “I can treat you some drink,”

He nodded eagerly. “Well, fair enough,” I said happily, as I opened the door.

“So, though day?” he asked walking in behind me and closing the door.

“Pretty much,” I sigh and turned away from him to take off my jacket and squeeze the bridge of my nose.

Boo came bounding out of the bedroom when he heard my voice and stopped short when he saw Kris. He hissed and walked out sassily. I eyed him and I guess he just simply don't like Kris.

“What’s up with your dog?”

“Maybe you remind him of someone,” I chuckled before leaning down to my dog, caressing his fur with love, “Hi, sweet boy. How was your day? Hmm? Did you play? Did you get a good nap?” I scratched behinds his ears, he purred loudly. He gave me his dreamy dog eyes and then turns his gaze to Kris. I swear he dog-smirked at him.

He joins me in the kitchen to see me making something to eat. While he grabbed took out the glass from cupboard. He opened the bottle, poured, and handed me one glass. We clink, and without another word, we were digging on our food.

The rest of evening happened naturally, without me even realizing it. One minute we discussing the new wine glasses he’d purchased, and the thirty minutes later he’d simply wandered into the kitchen behind me, and helped me with the dirty plates.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter