Chapter 5

Cursed

A car horn honking loudly....... Glass everywhere........ The sound of metal crumpling.......... Screams.......... Blood....

Baekhyun's eyes widened in fear as he saw the images flash in his head. He wrenched his wrist from Chanyeol and stared at him in fear. No, no, no, no, no. Chanyeol, no. You can't-, Baekhyun thought, before he crumpled to the ground unconscious.

Baekhyun woke up and was immediately bomabarded with questions; none of which actually registered in Baekhyun's mind..Baekhyun just stared at Chanyeol, who looked at him apologetically. 

"Baekhyun, I-I'm sorry", said Chanyeol. Great. Now he's apologizing. PLEASE STOP MAKING ME FEEL WORSE. "No. Don't be. I'm okay", said Baekhyun. It was a lie, and he knew it. He wasn't okay, and neither was Chanyeol. The poor guy was gonna suffer because of him. 

Baekhyun decided to take up Suho's offer and soon they were all laid out on different mattresses. Baekhyun tried to sleep, but he couldn't. The gruesome images flashed through his mind over and over. A few feet away Suho started snoring, which did not help at all. Baekhyun just lay there staring at the ceiling. "You awake?". Baekhyun turned his head to the right and saw Chanyeol, whose body was facing him.

"Does this answer your question?", replied Baekhyun, "I thought you were asleep".

"I tried, but I couldn't. Suho's snoring kept me up", replied Chanyeol. 

Baekhyun chuckled and said, "Well, you better try harder then. You wouldn't want to fall asleep in class tomorrow".

"I will. It's just..... Would you mind telling me what happened? Why'd you faint? And why don't you like being touched?", asked Chanyeol.

Baekhyun looked away and said, "It's late Chanyeol-". "Please Baekhyun?", pleaded Chanyeol. "You wouldn't believe me anyway, and I don't want to make you worry. Let's just go to sleep. Please". With that, Baekhyun turned his back on Chanyeol. Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun for a couple of minutes before he finally accepted the fact that Baekhyun wasn't going to tell him now; He sighed and turned around before drifting off to sleep.

Baekhyun waited for a few minutes before turning around, when he was sure Chanyeol was asleep. He stared at Chanyeol's face, and felt his heart flutter when he saw him smiling. Then he remembered what he saw. He doesn't deserve what's coming. 

 

 

"Hey Baekhyun!"

Classes had ended the next day, and as usual Baekhyun hurried out before everyone else. Luckily for Chanyeol, he managed to catch up to him. Chanyeol ran towards Baekhyun, who had stopped walking to let Chanyeol catch up.

"Hey, the other guys and I are going to hang out. Wanna come with us?", asked Chanyeol.

"I-I really shouldn't", replied Baekhyun, remembering yesterday's scenario.

"C'mon pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaase", pleaded Chanyeol. Darn it Park Chanyeol. Why do you have to look so freaking adorable all the time?, thought Baekhyun. 

"Fine. I'll go, but there's something I have to tell you", said Baekhyun. Chanyeol nodded which Baekhyun took as a signal to keep going. "I thought you had the right to know what happened yesterday. This is going to sound crazy, but the reason why I don't like touching others, is because I'm cursed". Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a confused look and said, "What do you mean cursed? Cursed with what?". Baekhyun took a deep breath and continued, "I can see the future".

Chanyeol looked even more confused. "How is that a curse? Wouldn't it be cool to know what's going to happen before it actually happens?"

Baekhyun shook his head. "No, it isn't. When I make any form of skin contact with a person, I only see one part of their future; their death"

Chanyeol's face paled. He took a step back and drew in deep breaths. "So you- you saw how I'm going to die?", he asked. Baekhyun pursed his lips and nodded. "Did you see the old me then? In a hospital bed with tubes all around?", asked Chanyeol as he tried to lighten up the atmospere. 

Baekhyun shook his head and said, "Whenever I see someone's future, it intervenes with fate. Every person I've touched, died early Chanyeol. I-I'm sorry". 

Chanyeol's face turned paler than before. He took several breaths and looked like he was about to faint. "Every person you've touched? So there have been others?". Baekhyun nodded and said, "My family. My friends. They all suffered because of me. Now this time, it's y-you. I'm sorry Chanyeol. I'm so sorry. I should have stayed away from you, but I couldn't", as tears started streaming down his face. Chanyeol made a move to wipe the tears off, but Baekhyun moved away. "Don't. I don't want to see those images in my head ever again. Please", he pleaded. 

"Don't worry about it Baek. At least now I actually get to appreciate what I have in life even more than before", assured Chanyeol. Chanyeol didn't really believe himself. He was scared. He wasn't ready to die yet. But seeing Baekhyun break down like that felt worse than knowing you were going to die sometime soon. Before Baekhyun could move away once more, he wiped away Baekhyun's tears. 

As soon as Chanyeol made contact with him, the images flashed through Baekhyun's mind again. Baekhyun closed his eyes in an attempt to shut out the images, to no avail. Baekhyun started screaming. A car horn honking loudly....... Glass everywhere........ The sound of metal crumpling.......... Screams.......... Blood.... A car horn honking loudly....... Glass everywhere........ The sound of metal crumpling.......... Screams.......... Blood.... The images flashed through his mind repeatedly. A few seconds later they faded away. Baekhyun could hear a soothing voice. It was Chanyeol. Soon, he became aware of Chanyeol holding him in a tight embrace, before drifting off once more into unconsciousness.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: So, here's Chapter 5 :D Your questions have finally been answered xD I noticed how some of you guys actually thought right. Was the plot too predictable? orz Sorry T.T But anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. Please comment, subscribe if you haven't, and upvote. To my 10 subbies, I LOVE YOU ALL <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeeeee -u-