Chapter 4

Cursed

"So where are we going?", asked Sehun, "Anywhere but a cafe. That's all we ever go to". Chanyeol, who was going to suggest the cafe, pouted and said, "But the cafe is niiiiice. Let's just go there pleaaaaaaase". Baekhyun smiled a bit, and felt a blush creeping up his face. He's cute, thought Baekhyun.

"How about the arcade?", asked Suho. Everyone else gave Suho a doubtful look. 

"I don't know Suho. It's a school day. I don't think it would be wise", said Kyungsoo.

"Well what do you guys want to do then? Go to my house, and study?", asked Suho. Chanyeol, Jongin, Kyungsoo, Sehun, and Baekhyun gave each other looks. "You know.... that's not a bad idea", said Jongin. 

"Wait, what? I was being sarcastic you guys-". Sehun cut him off. "C'mon Suho we needed to anyway. We've got that exam in History tomorrow, remember?"

Everyone else nodded in agreement. Then Chanyeol added, "Plus, Baekhyun here can probably help us with the things we don't understand". 

A few minutes later, they were in front of Suho's house. Well, one wouldn't call it JUST a house. It was a mansion, with a beautiful garden surrounding it. Baekhyun took one look at the place, and just felt like all his problems were gone. They all made their way inside which was just as impressive as the outside.

Everyone, save Baekhyun and Chanyeol, looked around indifferently. They made their way to the living room and sat in a circle, except Baekhyun. Baekhyun kept his distance from everyone and chose to just stand up.

"Don't you wanna sit down Baekhyun?", asked Suho. Baekhyun shook his head and said, "No, I'm fine. So, why don't we just start studying?".

 

 

A couple hours passed by and the guys were still studying. Eventually, Baekhyun got tired of standiing up, and decided to sit down somewhere far from the other guys. Occasionally one of them would ask Baekhyun a question and Baekhyun would answer them. 

"Baekhyun, how do you even manage to take in all this and still remember them?", asked Jongin, who was in awe of Baekhyun.

Baekhyun shrugged and replied, "When you pretty much have no social life, it's the only thing you can do", before looking dejectedly at the floor.

Jongin saw the look on Baekhyun's face and said, "Baekhyun, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-". "No, it's fine", said Baekhyun, cutting Jongin off mid-sentence, as he forced a smile on his face. 

The atmosphere was quite awkward after that. Suho cleared his throat and said, "Hey guys, it's getting kinda late. Do you wanna sleep over here?. Everybody except Baekhyun agreed. "I can't. I-I shouldn't", Baekhyun said, picking up his bag, as he ran out. 

"Baekhyun, wait!", yelled Chanyeol. Chanyeol got up and followed Baekhyun. There weren't a lot of cars passing by (thankfully) so Baekhyun hadn't hailed a taxi yet. "Baekhyun!", called Chanyeol. Baekhyun turned around and saw Chanyeol, and immediately started walking away. Chanyeol followed him and tried calling his name, but Baekhyun wouldn't stop. Instinctively, Chanyeol reached out and grabbed Baekhyun's wrist. Chanyeol saw and felt Baekhyun's body tense up. Baekhyun wrenched his wrist off of Chanyeol, and stared at him with a horrified look on his face. Baekhyun took several quick breaths before his eyes rolled back and he fainted. Thankfully, Chanyeol caught him just in time. 

"Baekhyun? Baekhyun wake up", said Chanyeol, to no avail. He decided to just bring him back to Suho's. He picked him and his things up and started making his way back. He made his way to the living room where all the other guys were still studying. Kyungsoo looked up from his book and saw Chanyeol carrying Baekhyun.

"Oh my god Chanyeol! What happened?!", he said, getting up and reaching out to help.

"No, don't! Don't touch him", said Chanyeol, laying Baekhyun down on the couch. Kyungsoo, Suho, Sehun, and Jongin, all had worried looks on their faces.

"Chanyeol, what happened?", asked Sehun. 

"I-I don't know. I went after him, and called his name a bunch of times. When he didn't slow down, or acknowledge that he heard me, I grabbed his wrist and he fainted. I did it out of habit, I didn't mean to touch him".

"Well maybe he is a germaphobe and fainted out of fear", said Suho, but Chanyeol wasn't so sure. Yes, Baekhyun fainted out of fear, that itself was clear, but he wasn't sure why. "Yeah, maybe you're right", said Chanyeol, even though he thought otherwise.

"Let's just all go back to studying okay?", said Kyungsoo. 

 

 

Baekhyun woke up screaming. The other guys, who were still awake, jumped in surprise.

"Baekhyun, you're awake"

"Are you okay?"

"What happened?"

"Tell us"

Baekhyun sat up and ignored all their questions and focused on Chanyeol. Chanyeol looked at him with an apologetic look on his face, which made Baekhyun feel worse. 

"Baekhyun, I-I'm sorry", said Chanyeol. Great. Now he's apologizing. PLEASE STOP MAKING ME FEEL WORSE. "No. Don't be. I'm okay", said Baekhyun. It was a lie, and he knew it. He wasn't okay, and neither was Chanyeol.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: So here's chapter 4 c: Sorry if it's a bit late T.T Did you like it though? I hope you did :D So please comment, subscribe if you haven't, and upvote. To my 8 subbies, I LOVE YOU ALL <3 <3 <3 Thank you ouo Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee -u-

P.S.  Some of you guys have been asking what's wrong with Baekhyun. The answer to that..... will be revealed soon :3 So stay tuned XD