Chapter 2

Cursed

For the entire class, Baekhyun's head was a mess of thoughts. He couldn't really concentrate on anything else. Worse, because it was just the first day of class, their teacher didn't make them do anything yet, giving Chanyeol a chance to talk to him.

"Hey Baekhyun", said Chanyeol. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and forced a smile before looking away. Please stop talking to me. Please stop talking to me. Please stop talking to me

"So, Baekhyun, I'm thinking about grabbing some coffee after class. Do you want to come with me?", asked Chanyeol, smiling.

"Why are you being nice to me? Heck, why are you even talking to me?", asked Baekhyun. Chanyeol just shrugged and replied, "You look like you need someone to talk to".

"Well I don't", replied Baekhyun. Obviously a lie. Years of isolating himself from anyone made it lonely for Baekhyun, especially since he used to be a people person before..... certain things happened. Yes, he did need someone to talk to, but he couldn't; he shouldn't. 

"C'mon pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase", said Chanyeol, pouting and giving Baekhyun his best puppy dog face. Baekhyun had to admit the guy was cute, and persistent too.

"No Chanyeol. I'm sorry", replied Baekhyun. "Pleaaaaaaaaase", begged Chanyeol. Chanyeol made a move grab Baekhyun's arm and start shaking him, and immediately panic flashed across Baekhyun's face. He moved away from Chanyeol and said, "Okay, I'll go. Just..... don't touch me"

That was too close Baekhyun. WAY too close. Make sure it never happens again, Baekhyun thought to himself.

 

 

Although Chanyeol was happy that Baekhyun had taken up his offer, he couldn't figure out why Baekhyun reacted like that. He decided to just ask later, and went back to staring at Baekhyun.

The first time he laid his eyes on Baekhyun he was just absolutely taken aback. Sure this happened to Chanyeol a few times before, but nothing compared to when he saw Baekhyun. His face is so perfect, his hair is so perfect, his lips are so- Wait, what? Snap out of it Chanyeol! You don't want the guy to think you're some creep

The final bell rang and Chanyeol grabbed his things and stood up. "Let's go?", asked Chanyeol.

"Can we wait until everybody goes out? I don't want to get caught in the crowd", said Baekhyun. 

"Yeah sure, I guess", replied Chanyeol. He doesn't want to get caught in the crowd? Is he claustrophobic or something? Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun kept pacing around. Baekhyun had his head down, but Chanyeol could see a worried expression on his face. "Everything alright Baekhyun?", Chanyeol said, trying to spark up a conversation to kill the time.

Baekhyun raised his head and shook it. Byun Baekhyun, you are probably the worst liar I know. "You sure?", asked Chanyeol, to which Baekhyun merely replied with a stiff nod.

A few minutes later the hallways were finally clear of any students, save Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who were now walking towards a cafe a few blocks away.  The entire trip was filled with an awkward silence. Baekhyun kept his distance from Chanyeol, and Chanyeol, who loved skinship (even with people he had just met) and was usually touchy, remembered what Baekhyun said and resisted doing anything that might make the other uncomfortable.

They arrived at a quaint, homey cafe. There weren't a lot of people that day, so Chanyeol and Baekhyun soon found a table. They ordered their drinks, cafe latte for Baekhyun, and a caramel macchiato for Chanyeol. The entire time they were waiting for their drinks to be ready was filled with an even more awkward silence. Baekhyun always kept his head down, and everytime Chanyeol tried to talk to him he'd just get a nod or a shake of his head in response. 

Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun were relieved when there drinks were finally ready, and they could finally concentrate on something. Baekhyun began sipping his latte quickly; too quickly. Soon enough, Baekhyun choked.

"Oh my god Baek, are you okay?", asked Chanyeol

"I-I'm..... fine", Baekhyun replied, coughing. 

"You might want to slow down a little. Unless of course you need to be somewhere else right now, 'cause if that's the case-", said Chanyeol before Baekhyun shook his head.

"No, I don't. Don't worry. I'm just.... not used to this... anymore", he said. Anymore?, thought Chanyeol. Before Chanyeol could ask, Baekhyun added, "I used to hang out with a lot of people. I used to to be friends with everybody, I used to talk a lot, and sing too, until....". Baekhyun broke off. Chanyeol could tell he was close to crying. Chanyeol didn't press into the matter any further.

"So, why don't you like being touched? Are you a germaphobe or something? Because I'd totally understand", said Chanyeol.

Baekhyun chuckled bitterly, before saying, "If only it were that simple. If only I actually were, instead of..... You know what's funny? I've only met you today, and I've told you more stuff about me than anyone else".

"Well, thanks, I guess", said Chanyeol. Baekhyun stood up and got his things and said, "I better get going. Thank you Chanyeol"

"Wait, let me walk you home", said Chanyeol standing up as well.

"Nonono you don't have to. I'll be fine-"

"I want to. Please?", said Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol walked in silence towards Baekhyun's house. When they finally arrived, Baekhyun said thanks to Chanyeol before heading inside his house. He rushed into his room and lay on his bed. Tears started falling from his eyes.

This can't be happening. Please, no.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: So here's chapter 2 :3 How was it? :3 I'm sorry if it's not-that-good (I tried orz). Anyway I hope you liked it. Please comment, subscribe if you haven't, and upvote c: To my 5 subbies, I LOVE YOU <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeee -u-