Chapter 1

Cursed

"Hey guys", asked Chanyeol, "who's that guy over there?", staring at a person seated a few tables away from them, alone. The guy looked like he was tired, and like he needed some company. Chanyeol, being new, wanted to make as much friends as possible. It was actually a relief for him that the four guys he was sitting with welcomed him warmly, and invited him to sit with them at lunch, otherwise he'd probably end up like the guy he was staring at, or maybe worse.

"Who? That? That's Byun Baekhyun", replied Kyungsoo. 

"What's wrong with him? He looks really tired, and depressed", said Chanyeol.

Everyone at the table shrugged. "No one knows. He's been here as long as we have, and he's always been like that. He doesn't really talk to anyone. Heck, he doesn't really talk AT ALL", said Sehun.

"He's the silent type. His academics are good, but the guy doesn't really have a social life", added Suho, to the agreement of everyone else. "No one bothers him either because he doesn't look harmful and he, as you may have figured out, he doesn't bother anyone. It's like he's not even here", said Jongin.

"So, no one's actually TRIED to talk to him?", asked Chanyeol.

"No, not really. I'd stay away if I were you though. The guy gives everyone the creeps", said Sehun. "Not me. I'll be right back", said Chanyeol, standing up and heading towards Baekhyun's table, before the other guys could stop him. Chanyeol stood across from the guy watching him pick at his food before saying, "Hi!". The guy looked up, giving him a surprised look. 

"I'm Park Chanyeol. I'm new", Chanyeol said, extending his hand. Baekhyunn ignored his attempt at a handshake and replied, "I'm Byun Baekhyun". Chanyeol smiled and said, "You look like you need some company. Do you wanna come sit with us at our table?". 

"No thank you. Uhhh... I should really get going. Excuse me", said Baekhyun, standing up, and leaving the cafeteria in a hurry. 

"See? What'd we tell you? The guy's asocial", said Kyungsoo, when Chanyeol returned to their table. Chanyeol just laughed ad continued eating his food. Random thought began running through his mind. Something was definitely different about him, but what?, he thought to himself.

"Chanyeol!". Chanyeol sat up, his train of thought interrupted. "Yeah? What?", he replied. 

"We're leaving. Aren't you coming with us?", asked Jongin. Chanyeol shook his head a few times to process Jongin's words before saying, "Oh yeah, yeah I am", as he stood up and followed the four guys out.

 

 

Baekhyun ran off to wherever his feet would take him. They managed to take him to the school's third floor. There were little to no students to be seen. He sat down on the staircase, and leaned against the metal railing. The cold metal seemed to calm him down a bit, but not enough to set his mind at ease. Not again. Please, no. Not again, please, he thought. He had suffered too much already. Why was this still happening to him? 

If only he were normal; Normal like everyone else. They say normal is too overrated, but Baekhyun would give anything to actually feel that way. He wanted to feel normal, to feel like he belonged, to have friends. But he knew that wasn't possible. He didn't want to know stuff that he wasn't supposed to know. He didn't want to be responsible for them getting hurt. He'd rather take all that hurt for them. He'd just feel worse if it weren't him.

Baekhyun was going to just stay there longer, but the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. Baekhyun got up, took his things with him, and headed off to his English class, before the halls got crowded. 

Baekhyun arrived at their classroom just before students started flooding the hallways. He sat in his usual seat in the front row, by the window. Baekhyun chose this particular seat so that he could listen to what the teacher was saying, and look at the school field spread out before his eyes. The green of the grass calmed him down when nothing else could. He was thankful because at least for a couple of hours, he'd actually feel happy.

Baekhyun heard the classroom door open and knew that their teacher had arrived. "Good afternoon class. I am Mr. Park, and I will be your English teacher. Now I know I was your teacher last year too, but we have a new student so, I had to do that", said Mr. Park, "Anyway, young man, please introduce yourself to the class".

"Hello. My name is Park Chanyeol-". No. Freaking. Way. Baekhyun averted his gaze from the window, and looked in front. Not him. Please. "Okay Chanyeol. Please take a seat. Sit anywhere you like", said Mr. Park. Chanyeol scanned the room and then saw Baekhyun, and the empty seat beside him. Nonononononononononononononononononononononononono, Baekhyun thought. Chanyeol smiled at him and sat down beside him. 

"Hey", said Chanyeol, still smiling.

Baekhyun forced a smile and looked away. You have got to be kidding me, he thought. He should have known that that was going to happen. Unfortunately, this time it was worse than usual. So much worse.

 

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: So here's the first chapter of the story :D Did you like it? Hopefully you did :3 Please comment, subscribe, and upvote, if you did. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee -u-